Cover Image: Death Going Down

Death Going Down

When Frida Eidinger is found dead in the lift of a Buenos Aires apartment block, it looks like suicide but Inspector Ericourt and his assistant Blasi find something is amiss when they investigate.

Set in Argentina during the 50's this is a slow read that builds well.

I loved the drama and it is a novel that is thoroughly entertaining
A very cozy mystery whose premise and plot was interesting. I wasn't able to guess the twists of the plot ahead of time so it was very fun to read. I really enjoyed discovering a lovely mystery writer in Argentina.
I am loving the genre of crime noir fiction at the moment - and this is no exception.

This time the setting is in Buenos Aires - Pancho Francesco Soler discovers the body of a murdered woman in an elevator. All the residents of the building have something to hide - after WWII, many immigrants made their way to Argentina - and many had skeletons in the closet.

The story is punchy, and not short on suspects, motives, secrets, red herrings and death.

Who is the victim and why was she killed - all is revealed in the final chapter as the pieces of this puzzle fall into place.

Further reading: Frederic Dard, Augusto de Angelis, Caimh McDonnell, Bradley Spinelli.