Reunion for the First Time

Pub Date 15 Jul 2016 | Archive Date 31 Jan 2017

Lizzie Moran is desperate to help her best friend’s husband recover from grief-stricken despair after her friend passes away. But their love was unlike anything Lizzie has ever seen. A love she knows will never happen for her, considering the bad choices she’s made.

Jack Clark is ready to take whatever measures necessary to yank his brother out of the abyss he’s fallen into after his wife’s death. And when he meets the lovely Lizzie who has the same goal, he is perfectly willing to put aside their differences, for the sake of his brother.

Tensions escalate when Jack and Lizzie are forced to attend a reunion together—and the fact that Lizzie’s former fiancé, the man who dumped her the same day her parents died, will be there doesn’t help. But an unlikely matchmaker has a plan—and if it succeeds, Jack and Lizzie might just realize they are meant for each other.

A Note From the Publisher

Contemporary Romance

Contemporary Romance

EDITION Ebook
ISBN 9781509207503

Links

I thought the premise of this story was an interesting one. I enjoyed that the characters had a connection based on the people in their life even though they had not met before. Their interaction at the beginning was enjoyable to read. I struggled from about 60% in till the end of the book. I felt like there was too much dancing around their feelings for each other. I would have also liked to have formed a bit more of a connection with the main characters. I feel like the book being written in third person POV really hindered this particular story. I liked the end but felt like it left me wanting a bit more. I didn't think we got quite enough in the last chapter.

i liked this book could not put it down.It made me laugh and cry and held my interest all the way throughIts the first i have read by this author but wont be the last would recommend

Reunion for the First Time,  K. M. Daughters Review from Jeannie Zelos book reviews Genre:  Romance My first read from the sister duo authors. It wasn’t a bad read, just didn’t really fire me up, give me that mustkeepreading feeling. They’ve a whole slew of books though, and I’d happily try another as it could be just that this book wasn’t the greatest for me but I’d love a different one. I liked the characters, and thought the story idea sounded good, but as it played out somehow it just felt a bit muted for me. Lizzie/Elizabeth/Beth was a prizewinning photographer, acclaimed nationally and yet somehow her character felt like an average phone snapper. She was always off travelling on long trips to war torn countries, but it was just the packing and unpacking we saw and somehow the magic of what she did, her success, her acclaimed photos just kind of passed me by. Jack too was well known, had won awards, and his architect/construction rivalry with Wallace could have been so much stronger, provided so much more drama IMO, but it didn’t :-( How on earth Beth didn’t know who Jack was when she knows the city well, and it seems everyone else knows who he is amazed me. Jack – I loved him, but the face offs with Wallace seemed pretty muted, when they were supposed to be vicious rivals. Apart from some gentle sniping and a little male posturing when Beth was around that was it. I felt he and Beth danced around their attraction just that bit too much somehow, I’d have imagined them going on a few dates before getting hooked on the does (s)he/  doesn’t (s)he want more conundrum. A few casual chats and off the cuff dates don’t usually lead to will we get married/have kids etc does it? Wallace – well, I have no words. What Beth ever saw in him I've no idea. Had he really changed that much or doid she really spend four years dating a prick. I loved Kay, Beth’s friend, a terrific lady, born organiser. So the story is there, but I felt Charlie wouldn’t have just slide out of his depression quite as easily, that Jack and Beth would have needed to give more on-going support, and the Wallace/Jack feud need a little more filling and drama. Its a good read, one I enjoyed but wouldn’t reread. Stars: Three, a well written read but I felt it was a bit non event as to drama, and you know how I crave that! ARC supplied for review purposes by Netgalley and Publishers