Gut Feeling

Pub Date 30 Sep 2017 | Archive Date Not set

Talking about this book? Use #Chicklit #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Ashleigh Lands has given up the chance for a new life in America with her family, choosing to stay in London with her boyfriend, Lee Preston. When Lee cheats on her and quickly becomes an ex-boyfriend, Ashleigh loses herself in work and alcohol. Five months later, however, she’s ready for change and decides to reach for a new, empowered self.

When window glazier Dave Croft shows up for a job at the dental practice where Ashleigh works, the two hit it off immediately. Ashleigh is elated—has her luck in love finally changed? Lee has been harassing her in an attempt to get her back, but the more she falls for Dave, the more she leaves Lee in her past. With life looking up, Ashleigh heads to Ibiza for a girls’ holiday with her three best friends.

Ashleigh looks forward to reuniting with Dave after her trip, but reports of an encounter Dave had while she was in Ibiza makes her question his integrity—and her life choices. Should she believe his story, or is he a lying cheater like Lee? Is it time to join her family in America, or should she stay in England and give love one more chance?

Can she trust her gut feeling?

Short, cute little romance. book. Good book to read on the beach. This book includes "British" slang, which was hard for me to understand.

I quite liked this book. The book is about Ashleigh Lands, a dental nurse living in London. Her family has moved to New York and she stayed behind to be with (what she thought) was the love of her life who ended up to being a jerk (we have all been there, right?). We follow Ashleigh and her group of friends on their daily adventures. Ashleigh meets a man (who I now have a bit of a crush on), and....well, you will have to read the book to find out what happens. This started out as an easy beach type read. As I was reading, I really got attached to the characters and invested in what was happening to them. And I did want to know what was going to happen next. There is a very interesting storyline that is a role reversal on unwanted sexual advances. I give kudos to the author for that. (You will see what I mean when you read the book.) The gist of the book - see: title - is that one needs to trust their gut feelings vs. over-thinking things. I could totally relate, and this is where the book hooked me in. We all have insecurities, and to see this played out on both sides of the relationship (even men are insecure?!) was refreshing. If you are looking for an enjoyable, quick read, this is your book! I rated this 3/5 on Goodreads (it would be 3.5 if they allowed half stars). Full disclosure: I received this eARC from NetGalley for a fair and honest review. (Thanks NetGalley!)

I have spoken to Victoria Browne on many occasions and she is absolutely lovely. I have always enjoyed settling down for the day with a good Victoria Browne book. I’m not sure why this book has such a bad press and review score attached to it. I personally do not think that it deserves it. This is a fun and feel good chicklit/ romcom of a book that I enjoyed reading. Yes it wasn’t my favourite book of Victoria’s. But it is still worth reading. Especially if you love chicklit/romance stories. This is set to put a smile on your face. Keep up the good work Victoria. Your books never faile to make me laugh and smile.