Success Strategies from Women Who Break the Mold
by Dr. Patti Fletcher
Pub Date 26 Jan 2018
Talking about this book? Be sure to tag it using #Disrupters #NetGalley
This book is not about what women should do, and it’s not a preachy TEDTalk.
Disrupters shows what different women in business have done to reach success as they define it. From board members to CEOs to freelancers, the business world is stacked against women because they follow the unspoken rules of business culture made long before women entered the workforce.
Tech executive, board member, and angel investor Dr. Patti Fletcher recognizes those rules and then showcases the women who have found success by breaking them. With exciting insights and uplifting stories, Disrupters demystifies what it takes to go where so few have gone before by:
• Exploring the mindsets that help or hinder success against all odds
• Discovering the right time to begin the journey to a role that feels too big and too hard to obtain
• Learning the habits, tactics, and relationships that separate those who succeed from those who do not
• Building a personal board of directors that will catapult you to the professional boardroom
• Revealing what it means to achieve your own version of success with case studies and interviews with women of diverse races, ages, backgrounds, and industries
"Over the past decade, women have been redefining power, success, and influence on their own terms. Disrupters shows that female leaders can drive change in the world without losing themselves."
—Pamela Ryckman, author of Stiletto Network
"All women, regardless of age or career stature, who want success on their own terms need to act on the lessons in Dr. Patti's book. The time for Disrupters is NOW."
—Amanda Steinberg, founder and CEO of Worth Financial, author of Worth It
"Inspiring! Dr. Fletcher has written the new business bible for professionals wanting to break free, break through, and break out to follow their own path to success!"
—Jeffrey Hayzlett, primetime TV and radio host, speaker, author and part-time cowboy
"The conversation continues why there are not more women executives in tech. For this, I highly recommend Disrupters by Dr. Patti Fletcher as a real contribution as it lays out ideas about the success of women and the companies that they work for."
—Sharon Vosmek, CEO of Astia