Simone: Even More Monstrous!

Pub Date 15 Apr 2018 | Archive Date 11 Jun 2018

Talking about this book? Use #Simone:evenMoreMonstrous! #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Simone, a sweet, rosy-cheeked little girl, and Morris, a green, googly-eyed monster, are back for more adventures! When Simone first entered Morris’s world in Simone: The Best Monster Ever!, she struck terror in monsters’ hearts. There, the rules are turned upside down—flowers, puppies, and good behavior are the stuff of nightmares, and all things scary and icky are adored.

In this book, Simone continues to navigate the topsy-turvy world of monsters, where stars poop, giant gorillas drink giant milkshakes, and monsters eat their friends. Each page in this comics collection shares a joke, conversation, or mini-story featuring Simone and Morris. Despite (and often because of) their differences, they have hilarious and often surreal adventures together. Bold, vibrant cartoon art and speech bubbles with plenty of sound effects create punchlines that are simple to grasp, making this a fun, relatable pick for emergent readers seeking an entry point to graphic novels.

A Note From the Publisher

– New comics from the creator of Simone: The Best Monster Ever
– Entry point to graphic novel genre with funny one-page comics
– Supports reading comprehension and visual literacy skills, and engages reluctant readers

– New comics from the creator of Simone: The Best Monster Ever
– Entry point to graphic novel genre with funny one-page comics
– Supports reading comprehension and visual literacy skills, and...

Advance Praise

Praise for Simone: The Best Monster Ever!

"A good choice for beginning readers or as an introduction to graphic novels."

Booklist

"Sure to be a hit with elementary-aged jokesters, monsters and humans alike."

School Library Journal

Praise for Simone: The Best Monster Ever!

"A good choice for beginning readers or as an introduction to graphic novels."

Booklist

"Sure to be a hit with elementary-aged jokesters, monsters and humans...

Send To Kindle (PDF)

This book is a delight! Vibrant drawings, hilarious and amusing characters, silly jokes perfect for young readers. It is highly recommended for early middle grade readers.

It's wonderfully illustrated and brilliantly told! I love to read stories where the roles are reversed. In this case, it's the human that's the weird alien and the monster is the normal being. It's funny, imaginative and exciting to explore! This would be very appealing to young independent readers. I also enjoyed how each page is it's own story. This made it possible to explore the various aspects of this "scary but not so scary monster world" I mean who wouldn't enjoy a star that poops or a broccoli for a Christmas tree!

Cute and silly. The humor is perfect for kids in the younger elementary grades!

*advanced reading copy courtesy of NetGalley* Simone and her monster friend, Morris, have little adventures around his monster world. Things are almost always exactly opposite what Simone thinks they should be. Each adventure is only one page long making this a perfect early reader graphic novel.

This fun book will have kids giggling. Simone and her best friend Morris are ready for more adventures to share together. This is the second book in the series, the first being"Simone: the Best Monster Ever" (2017). 44 stories are captured so brilliantly, independent of each other, and the book is designed in comic book format. The individual stories are funny, witty and pack a punch when wrapped up at the end. This is a perfect pattern to get reluctant readers to turn the page for the next vignette and a perfect segue into the next level up from comic strips, namely, graphic novels. Everything in monster world is higgledy-piggledy. Simone gets caught up in their surreal reality partaking in adventure after adventure with quirky Morris. The illustrations are truly amazing. The cartoon images are vibrant, action-packed, and have speech bubbles that are short, simple and really fun to read. The monster are not scary at all which is a good thing. I know kids will love the whole vibe of the book and it will be demanded for silent reads in both classrooms and school libraries as well. (adults will thoroughly enjoy it too). I highly recommend this book.

I love the Simone books. They are an easy graphic novel with small vignettes. Simon is the only human in the monster world. And sometimes the meaning of things is not the same in the two realms. I love that in many of the strips the characters are reading. It helps show that books are fun. And this book is lots of fun.

Simone: Even More Monstrous! by Remy Simard Series: Simone #2 Publisher: Owlkids Books ISBN: 9781771473002 Publish Date: April 15, 2018 Thanks to NetGalley and Owlkids Books for the ebook ARC of Simone: Even More Monstrous! by Remy Simard. Simone is back for more adventures. Simone continues to navigate the world of monsters. Simone and Morris have hilarious adventures together, despite their differences. I give this book a rating of 4 stars. It was very cute and funny. Wonderfully illustrated graphic novel. #Simone:evenMoreMonstrous! #NetGalley

This graphic novel is loaded with brief, one-page comics about Simone, a little blond girl, who travels into a world of monsters. If anyone remembers The Munsters (totally dating myself here), the running joke was that cousin Marilyn, the pretty blonde, was the "poor girl" for being so unattractive in The Munsters' society; that joke holds here. Cute, little Simone is the monster in the monsters' world, but they seem to enjoy her company, nonetheless. The graphic novel is loaded with independent stories, all one page, with a punchline at the end. They're downright silly, sometimes surreal, and will get laughs out of readers. The first volume, Simone: The Best Monster Ever!, released last year.

What a great comic book created by Remy Simard with little one page stories about a little girl living in a world of monsters. First off, I love that the main character is a little girl living among monsters, getting pooped on by stars and dressed up in a garbage can. Such a great book to remind girls that they can be gross and stinky and silly. Also it’s a perfect choice for your reluctant reader as each page is a one page comic/story making it a quick and non intimidating read and a perfect choice for a reader just strengthening their reading muscles. I was and still am a huge fan of Archie comics and would have loved a book like Simone when I was first learning to read, I enjoyed Mr Mugs books but would have loved something with a bit more character to it. At the heart of it all, kids want stories that make them laugh and Simone does just that.

NetGalley was kind enough to gift my daughter and I a copy of this gem. Who is the real monster here? Well it's all relative isn't it? In this lovely comic book Simone is the Monster in monster world. Each page is easy to read and a story in and of itself. Also, did I mention that the main character is a girl? As the mother of a precocious young lady, it pleases me immeasurably when girls are represented in books, especially when they are featured in roles with more substance than that of a sidekick. The format is perfect for entry level chapter book readers or those preparing to level up to graphic novels. The pages pop with vibrant color, witty dialogue, short sentences, monsters that are not too scary and there is even topic resolution on each page. My 7 year old daughter and I devoured this book, repeatedly.

Blonde-haired, blue-eyed Simone is the monster in Morris' closet in this funny twist to the terrifying monster trope. I must confess that I didn't read the first Simone book, but it's really not necessary. This is a collection of comics showcasing the friendship of Morris and Simone, and plays off somewhat similar to Calvin and Hobbes, if Hobbes was a scary child living in your closet. The illustrations perfectly match the absurdity of Morris' world as he teaches Simone that preconceptions can be misleading...and dangerous in a humorous way. I receive this ARC from NetGalley for an honest review.

Cute, silly sweet. Fun illustrations. Will gladly display this on one of my end caps. I would recommend this for my summer reading program.