Investing QuickStart Guide
The Simplified Beginner’s Guide to Successfully Navigating the Stock Market, Growing Your Wealth, & Creating a Secure Financial Future
by Ted Snow, CFP, MBA
Pub Date 10 Sep 2018
Talking about this book? Be sure to tag it using #InvestingQuickStartGuide #NetGalley
The Investing QuickStart Guide offers a simplified but expansive introduction to the world of investing.
Author Ted Snow brings 30 years of experience in the finance industry, much to the benefit of novice learners and experienced investors alike.
Snow provides readers with the complete picture on stocks, bonds, treasuries, ETFs, mutual funds, indexes, REITS and several other investment securities. Snow’s intrepid but practical asset-allocation investment philosophy is marvelously communicated and highly appropriate for market newcomers.
The key insights of Warren Buffett, Peter Lynch, Burton Malkiel, and James Altucher all play important roles in this seminal investment resource. But unlike most of today’s books on investment, the Investing QuickStart Guide threads the needle between thorough and simple. You will learn the market from end to end, while also enjoying
Snow’s fascinating personal stories and insights from the front lines of the finance industry.
“Ted has accomplished a rare blend of important objectives in this book. On the one hand, this resource is an excellent introduction for new investors to devour as they learn the discipline and strategies it takes to be a good investor. I plan to buy some copies to give away to people I run across who express interest in learning more about investing. On the other hand, I found Ted’s compilation to be an excellent reference for the experienced investment team in our advisory office. While I was familiar with most of the topics discussed, there were some that I needed a refresher on, which Ted has done succinctly and effectively. Now, instead of immediately turning to Google or Investopedia, I’ll turn to this book when I need to research an investment concept.
Yet what I love most about Ted and his work is his commitment to teaching investing in the proper context of living life with great purpose and intentionality. Life and wealth have tremendous purpose, and Ted helps readers grasp this important truth.”
- Alan Roseman, CPA, CFP®, CAP® & Chris Langford CAP® - Roseman Wealth Advisors, Tyler, TX
“Useful information and practical application are what people look for when they start investing their own money. Ted has compiled valuable, easy to learn and understand, graphics, anecdotes, reminders, hints, and examples of what it takes to establish a foundation of solid investment skills. Three decades of experience are shining through in his book to educate people to be successful investors.”
- Erin Botsford, CFP®, CRPC CEO, Botsford Financial Group, Frisco, TX
“The Investing Quick Start Guide will help anyone who is serious about learning the important principles of investing. It will be equally worthwhile as a reference for those with some experience. It is an easy read, written in an understandable way, with great insights. It is a valuable part of my investing library.”
– David H. Easton, CFP® Principal Catalyst Retirement AdvisorsAurora, CO
“Ted has always impressed me with his perfect balance between superior financial planning and a genuine care for his clients. This book is full of Ted’s wisdom. It is an excellent, well written, easy to understand foundation for beginners wanting to start investing; and a wonderful resource for tenured investors.”
– Ken Painter, CFP® Founder & Chief Wealth Advisor Strata Wealth Advisors LLC, Dallas, TX
»» General Trade Audience:
• Individuals who have little to zero knowledge of investing in the stock market.
• Finance professionals seeking a content refresher or a reference guide.
»» Academic Audience:
• High-School classes for personal finance, economics, investing, stock markets.
• Undergraduate classes for personal finance, economics, investing, stock markets.
»» Library Audience:
• Libraries looking to add titles in the personal finance, investing, economics and stock markets
DIFFERENT FROM COMPETITION:
• Investing QuickStart Guide is the most beginner friendly, comprehensive, up-to-date and widely accessible title on investing for beginners.
• Investing QuickStart Guide is the most simplified presentation of the material on the market. No unnecessary fluff is included to distract or confuser readers.
• The author, Ted Snow CFP ®, MBA is a qualified expert in investing has been involved in the finance industry since 1987. He has contributed to numerous large outlets in the past such as CNBC, Investopedia and Forbes.
• The title will also be supplemented with an online companion course.
ADVERTISING & MARKETING:
»» Online Advertising:
• Social Media Advertising (Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Quora)
• Goodreads Advertising
• Shelf Awareness Advertising
• Amazon Advertising (Amazon Marketing Services - .com, .ca, .co, .uk)
• BookBub (Featured Deal, Partner e-mail Ads)
• Groupon Promotion
• E-mail Marketing to ClydeBank Media List (2,500+ subscribers)
• Series of blog posts promoting title (10 + posts)
»» Advance Review Copy Distribution:
• Review Copies Provided to Prominent Bloggers and Online Influencers
• LibraryThing Early Reviewer Program
• Goodreads Giveway
• Amazon Giveaway
• NetGalley Reviews
• Edelweiss Plus Digital Review Copies
• ClydeBank Media Advanced Review Copy List
»» Publication Reviews:
• Publisher’s Weekly – PW Select
• School Library Journal
• Library Journal
• Foreword Reviews
• IBPA Media Outreach