Buzz Books 2018: Young Adult Fall/Winter

Pub Date 16 May 2018 | Archive Date 15 Jan 2019

Our ninth Buzz Books: Young Adult gives readers the special excitement of being among the first to sample the best in forthcoming young adult novels months ahead of their actual publication. These sixteen substantial pre-publication excerpts highlight YA topics from mental health, school shootings, and grief, to growing up, relationships, and ghost stories. Genres include fantasy, science fiction, romance, and humor. You will discover lots of debut writers, while enjoying early previews from some of the biggest authors in the field. At the end of most excerpts, you will find a link to the full galley on NetGalley!

The Gilded Wolves is award-winning and New York Times bestselling author Roshani Chokshi’s fantasy set in 19th century Paris. Internationally bestselling author Julie Kagawa introduces a new adventure with Shadow of the Fox. New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Kody Keplinger’s newest title is That’s Not What Happened. Bluecrowne is Kate Milford’s new Greenglass House book; the series has been a New York Times bestseller, Edgar Award-winner, and National Book Award nominee.

Contemporary coming-of-age books by two bestselling authors are Gary D. Schmidt’s Pay Attention, Carter Jones and Alessandro D’Avenia’s White as Silence, Red as Song. The latter has sold a million copies in Italy, been translated into over twenty languages and was released as a film in 2012.

Debuts include a science fiction retelling of the Mahabrahata, Ignite the Stars by Maura Milan while three of the five Young Adult BookExpo Editors’ Buzz Selections also are included here: Girls of Paper and Fire by Natasha Ngan; Sadie by Courtney Summers; and The Similars by Rebecca Hanover.

Start reading the bestsellers of tomorrow right now to see why reviewers rave with comments like this:

I loved this edition of Buzz Books YA. It encompassed a wide variety of YA subgenres, including some that I would never have known about. It made me hungry to read the upcoming releases. I really look forward to future editions of this catalogue. I love that these types of samplers are even in existence. I feel like they broaden readers’ ideas of YA.
—Reviewer from New Jersey

Your friends and family can download this free edition of Buzz Books at any major ebookstore or at buzz.publishersmarketplace.com. For broader reading, check out Buzz Books 2018: Fall/Winter, also available now, for 40 excerpts from top forthcoming adult fiction and nonfiction titles.

ISBN 9781948586085
PRICE

These editions are amazing! They keep me prepared and I love that I have a chance to read samples of amazing books that are yet to come!

Loved all the great recommendations! The new releases cover a lot of different genres and I can't wait to read some of these new YA novels.

I love these YA Buzz Books! There are so many great books coming up soon in YA and I appreciate having these samples to help me with determining my tbr list and blog coverage. These books are very nicely organized.

The Spring/Summer 2018 edition of YA BUZZ BOOKS disappointed me with almost all fantasy/supernatural/sci fi novels. Fall/Winter fortunately included more realistic fiction to add to my TBR list. I will preorder WHEN ELEPHANTS FLY, THAT’S NOT WHAT HAPPENED, and SADIE after I finish this review!

Extremely excited for some of these but I'm really looking forward to Sadie and Shadow of the Fox! Thanks for the excerpts! I've now got several more books added to my TBR!

I feel so blessed that NetGalley provides such a comprehensive collection of upcoming releases. Not only do they provide a collection of anticipated novels, they give some amazing excerpts as well! What more could a book blogger dream of? Thank you so much, NetGalley!

I was excited to see I had already requested 2 of these books! Can’t wait to read Girls of Fire & Paper and Shadow of the Fox!

What a great way to learn about new releases! I can't wait to read some of these exciting new Fall/Winter YA releases, especially "Girls of Paper and Fire" and "The Gilded Wolves".

I absolutely love Buzz Books previews! I read this one early enough to where I am not familiar with the contents of many of these books and I am so glad to have a preview for these! Now I know exactly which ones I want to look out for a recommend to my students and blog followers. 2018 is am absolutely amazing year in YA books!

Very excited for Gilded Wolves. The other books look pretty good too, and I will be sure to look for them this summer/fall.

This Buzz Books edition had a record number of interesting titles that matched my interests! I read excerpts of books that I was already interested in - The Gilded Wolves, Girls of Paper and Fire, Ignite the Stars, Shadow of the Fox - and discovered a number of new titles: The Similars, A Spark of White Fire (A Mahabharata retelling!!)

There are some amazing books coming up later this year and I cannot wait for them. A lot of these are US which makes sense but hopefully we'll get them this side of the pond. I am most excited for Mammoth which sounds amazing.

Thank you NetGalley for allowing me to read this for an honest review! I discovered those buzz books a few days ago. So happy about this! When you're a book addict like me you just love reading summaries and samples and learning about the authors, some you know and new ones too! This book has 240 pages and it's just heaven! All those books look interesting! Girl in the locked room, That night, When we caught fire, Your own worst enemy, Frequency... ... ... The list of books I want to read next just keeps getting longer and it's a good thing! Thank you! Review shared online! Twitter, goodreads, amazon when published...

Most definitely, I read the monthly Buzz Books, and I patiently wait for them, but what impatiently wait for are the twice a year seasonals. How is it that I didn't realize all these great YA books were coming out in Fall/Winter?!? Though I probably shouldn't have (my TBR pile is officially the K2 of TBR's!!!), I requested the first half of the books in this guide. How could you not!

It was great to be able to read more than just an except about a book. It gives you a chapter and at the end you can decide to request the copy of the book or move on to the next book.

I am so so excited for these titles! Thank you for the preview. Especially looking forward to The Gilded Wolves, Shadow of the Fox and Sadie. I have my eye on others that I hadn't heard of before, too.

Thank you so much for posting these to look through. It introduces me to books I may not pick up before and gives me a chance to get a taste for what's to come later this year. It gets me so excited!

This is great for seeing what is coming about in fall/winter and will be creating buzz among young adult readers. This was so helpful!

Wow so many good books coming out this fall and winter! I was really good about not over requesting but I did request one. I wrote the rest down to keep an eye out for later. Almost every excerpt is followed with a link to request the galley. This is such a brilliant idea to expose the reader to genres that aren't normally something they would read or even look at! I wish more publishers would do this!

Ahhhh I've been looking out for the next YA Buzz Books for the past who knows how long and when it appeared on my dashboard, I clicked it immediately. Another great selection of works, yay! I'm still considering requesting some of them, though others I think I'd definitely enjoy. Much appreciation!

I really love all these updates and lists of books ! All these discoveries! I definitely want to read some of them! Thanks !

I think this was the first time I took my time going through this but then again I was adding 75% of the titles listed into my wishlist. So many fantastic books coming out this next season and a fed hidden gems. Look forward to read these books this winter season

This is the ninth edition of Buzz Books: Young Adult and it contains a great collection of excerpts of upcoming YA titles which will be published in the Fall/Winter of 2018. The publication starts with an introduction followed by a section listing fiction and nonfiction titles. It also includes a page informing the Buzz Books authors appearing at BookExpo. Last, there are sixteen excerpts by publishers. I recommend you read the introduction and based on the description of the books read the excerpt you are interested in... or just read them all! I particularly enjoyed the excerpt for Sadie by Courtney Summers. Overall, a great list of buzzing YA titles for the Fall/Winter of 2018.

Thank you so much for the access to this Buzz Books Fall/Winter edition. I love getting these and getting excited about new books to come!

This is a book lovers dream! This was such a great way to find out about upcoming releases. It was great to be able to read excerpts to help me decide what I would like to read. I found some interesting books that are now on my radar, and it also helped me cancel a few others. Thank you verry much Buzz Books and NetGalley for making this available!

These are all very interesting anticipated titles and I'm sure everyone who is into YA fiction will find at least something for them in this edition of Buzz Books!

New books from Courtney Summers, Kody Keplinger, Roshani Chokshi, and Julie Kagawa? H*ck yeah! Also, here's hoping my request for Girls of Paper and Fire by Natasha Ngan is approved, stat....

I loved how helpful this was! This was the first Buzz Books that I’ve read and I will definitely be reading more in the future. It gave great insight to a lot of new and exciting YA books coming out this Fall/Winter 2018. They included a variety of YA subgenres like fantasy, sci-fi, romance, and horror. I loved getting to read excerpts from the books that I have already been looking forward to and getting to add a lot of new ones that I haven’t heard of to my list!