Buzz Books 2018: Fall/Winter

Pub Date 16 May 2018 | Archive Date 15 Jan 2019

Talking about this book? Use #BuzzBooks2018:fall/winter #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Buzz Books gives you 40 chances to find your next great reads, providing exclusive early looks at the next big thing from favorite authors and hot new discoveries. At the end of most excerpts, you will find a link to the full galley on NetGalley!

From bestselling authors we have samples of new work from Barbara Kingsolver, Diane Chamberlain and Jude Devereaux, who breaks away from romance with her first mystery.

A rich selection of highly anticipated follow-up books is inside too: Sarah Perry’s Melmoth, a companion to The Essex Serpent; Elizabeth McCracken’s Bowlaway; and Leif Enger’s Virgil Wander.

This edition is packed with 16 big debut novels, including the highly-touted The Silent Patient by British screenwriter Alex Michaelides, already being adapted to film and posed to become an international bestseller, and Kathy Wang’s Family Trust, described as The Nest set in Silicon Valley.

In nonfiction, bestselling novelist and history author Stephen L. Carter writes about his grandmother in Invisible: The Forgotten Story Of The Black Woman Lawyer Who Took Down America’s Most Powerful Mobster. Journalist Stephanie Land describes her poverty-ridden early years in Maid: Hard Work, Low Pay, And A Mother’s Will To Survive, a Book Expo Buzz Editor’s Panel pick. Memoirs on two opposite ends of the spectrum include My Own Devices by rap singer Dessa and Witness: Lessons From Elie Wiesel’s Classroom by Ariel Burger.

Regular readers know that each Buzz Books collection is filled with early looks at titles that will go on to top the bestseller lists and critics' "best of the year" lists. And our comprehensive seasonal preview starts the book off with a curated overview of hundreds of notable books on the way later this year.

While Buzz Books feels like your own insider access to book publishing, these collections are meant to be shared, so spread your enthusiasm and "to be read" picks online. For still more great previews, check out our separate Buzz Books 2018: Young Adult Fall/Winter as well.

Finally, don’t miss our popular Buzz Books Monthly editions, available on Amazon, iBooks, and NetGalley, for up-to-the-minute monthly publication lists and excerpts.

ISBN 9781948586030
PRICE

These editions are amazing! They keep me prepared and I love that I have a chance to read samples of amazing books that are yet to come!

Another fantastic resource for upcoming titles. I've already used a few of the direct links to request titles that look intriguing!

Great recommendations for new Fall / Winter releases. Can't wait to read some of the novels mentioned!

Another great Buzz Book! I love that I can get a sample of some pretty exciting books so that I can decide which ones to add to my tbr and which ones I plan to feature on my blog. I am really looking forward to checking out Jude Deveraux's first mystery!

This collection of 2018 Fall/Winter Buzz Books is *LIT*! The excerpts are served in generous portions. They are larger than appetizer size, and more like a small plate size that leaves you wishing that it came as an entire entree. The samples made me crave so many of the books, and I devoured them like a starving bookworm. The carefully curated selections are offerings for audiences and genres in all shapes and sizes. I am especially looking forward to The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides, Family Trust by Kathy Wang, The 7 ½ Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle by Stuart Turton, Cross Her Heart by Sarah Pinborough, Lies by T.M Logan, Leave No Trace by Mindy Mejia, and Liane Moriarty’s new book. The Fall/Winter 2018 Publishing Preview list also tempts you with tantalizing titles and leaves you interested in many more upcoming books. Thank you for this great edition!

Just as we are planning our beach reads for the summer, along comes Buzz Books 2018: Fall/Winter by Publishers Lunch to entice us with fall and winter titles. A great number of excerpts are found here: 20 fiction titles, 16 debut fiction titles and 4 nonfiction titles. Also, the fall/winter publishing preview lists hundreds of titles with publication dates sorted in 4 categories: fiction, debut fiction, commercial fiction and nonfiction. This is a great tool for anyone interested in the world of books.

Thank you so much for making this available. There are lots of good books coming out in the fall and winte.

Thank you NetGalley for letting me read this for an honest review. I admit I had no idea books like that existed and I LOVE IT! So many books, so many authors, some I already knew, new ones... At the end of every sample you can find a few lines about the author. I like getting to know the author, where they're coming from... And more info : ebook price, publication date... everything you need to know! I love reading summaries and samples of books then want to read them all! I'm not kidding, they all look so good to me! And you find different categories, different types. I will read other buzz books for sure, it's that good! When you're a book addict, you just want to read everything, especially when they look interesting! Thank you! I now have a new list of all the books I want to read! Review shared on Twitter, Goodreads and Amazon

I loved reading the excerpts of several of the books and my TBR list grew exponentially. I've already requested several of the novels. I'm excited for these books to come out into the world to discuss with other readers.

My TBR list takes a hit again! I love these previews of upcoming releases - not only are there some great books, but the collection is always a reliable predictor of the upcoming trends in fiction. Stellar as always!

I've spent my evening going through the most recent Buzz Books, and this one in particular blew my reading stack to oblivion. At this point, I'll never dig my way out, but if you're going to be buried, under a pile of books seems most desirable, am I right? Without this edition, I might not know about Eli Weisel's biography coming out! Now I have it to read, and I couldn't be more thrilled (Eli Weisel, people!!!). And as usual, the excerpts were so helpful in guiding me towards the books that would be a good fit for me. Thanks again, Buzz Books!

Holy cow!! Fall and winter can't get here fast enough! There are so many awesome books coming out then! I requested way too many from here and then wrote the rest down to look for later! What a great way to get a taste of what is coming up in books! Run and grab this wonderful collection of new books you are going to want to request just like me!

Always happy to receive the preview. Fantastic insight to what's on the way - some old favourites and some exciting debuts. Thanks!

I love these previews! I always look forward to reading excerpts from upcoming novels and never fail to find a few I've never heard of but fully intend to add to my TBR!

This is the most buzzy of buzzes! This publication is available through NetGalley or you can access it at Amazon. It is absolutely worth looking at. Among the exciting things to mention for the fall season ...Jodi Picoult, Tana French, Barbara Kingsolver and Kate Atkinson all have novels coming out. They and so many others are listed in this Book Buzz. It will be a great season for reading!

This is wonderful for staying on top of what’s coming in the future months. It helps create an interest in what is coming in fall/winter.

I cannot say enough good things about this series! It is a fantastic way to get a feel for what books to choose to read and review!

this is a terrific compilation of upcoming books! Love the easy to use links to request ARCs. Thanks!

As always, thank you for allowing me to glimpse the books for next fall/winter. I always appreciate seeing what my favorite authors are writing and the new authors to watch for.

I just love the Buzz Books collections. I'm able to read just enough of a book to know if it is one I will want to get my hands on or one I can pass on. They are great way to add to my always growing TBR piles.

This is my first buzz book and I like all the peeks at different books coming out! I am excited to check out Lies by TM Logan and Sarah Pinborough's upcoming book!

Great selection of books! I enjoy finding about the debut authors especially as they can sometimes get lost in the midst of new releases. Nice length for the excepts too, not so long that you feel like you’ve read the whole book but long enough to decide if you would like to know more.

I love the Buzz Books previews since they give me a great idea of books I may want to review, or have reviewed, in a later season. It's great to have fairly lengthy excerpts of a few chapters to get an idea of the author's writing style and what the book is about. Thanks for listing the publicist's name and email at the end of each. As a librarian who selects popular materials, I'm also appreciative of the opportunity to preview the books our patrons will be asking about in the fall.

This was quite a comprehensive preview of many amazing novels that I look forward to researching, sharing, and reading. If you are an avid reader, this guide will help you select many diverse new books to add to your reading list.

Great intro to upcoming books. Look forward to reading them. 2018 is shaping up to be one of the best book years in a while.

For those of you not familiar with Buzz Books, this is a glimpse of what new books will be out this coming Fall / Winter (2018). Some include a preview of the story, a “sample.” Fiction: Notable names include Kate Atkinson, Haruki Murakami, Barbara Kingsolver, William Boyd, Leif Enger, Sebastian Faulks, Elinor Lipman, Khaled Hosseini, Haruki Murakami, George Saunders, Gary Shteyngart & others Highly Anticipated: Sarah Perry, Sam Savage, Juan Gabriel Vasquez, Diana Evans, Eliot Ackerman, Edward Carey, Tom Barbarsh & others Emerging Voices: Chigozie Obioma, John Osborn, May-Lan Tan, Frances de Pontes Peebles, Abi Geni, Eugenia Kim, Lea Carpenter Debut Fiction: Chaya Bhuvaneswar, Stuart Turton, Helen Cullen, Katrina Carraso, Olivia Laing, Carrie Callaghan, Sofia Lundberg, Heather Morris Commercial Fiction: Mitch Albom, Elizabeth Berg, Janet Evanovich, Lee Child, Diane Chamberlain, Allen Eskens, Theresa Ann Fowler, Tana French, James Frey, John Grisham, Joe Ide, Stephen King, Debbie Macomber, Lianne Moriarty, Anne Perry, Jodi Picoult, Sarah Pinborough, Anne Rice, Tatiana de Rosnay Nonfiction: Michelle Obama (memoir), Bernie Sanders, Stephanie Land, Stephen Carter, Wesley Yang, Rebecca Traister, Susan Orleans, Kiese Laymon Politics & Current Events: Kevin Powell, Tim Marshall, Alan Greenspan and Adrian Wooldridge, Ben Bradlee, Greg Sargent, Anthony Scaramucci, Nikesh Sukla and Chimene Suleyman, Crig Unger Social Issues: Soraya Chemaly, W. Thomas Boyce, Justin Driver, Pope Francis, Deborah E. Lipstadt, Heather Won Tesoriero Science & Technology, Jeremy Brown, John P. Carlin, Seth Fletcher, Hannah Fry, Hamish McKenzie, Sandeep Jauhar, Jeff Nesbit, Neil deGrasse Tyson and Avis Lang History and Crime: Ariel Burger, Stephen Carter, Deborah Riley Draper / Blair Underwood / and Travis Thrasher, Joanne B. Freeman, Tilar J. Mazzeo, Susan Orlean Essays, Criticism & More: Glory Edim, Ralph Ellison, Ben Fountain, Jonathan Franzen, Anne Lamott, Sylvia Plath Biography & Memoir: Lucia Berlin, David W. Blight, Lisa Brennan-Jobs, Michael Caine, Sam Kashner and Nancy Schoenberger, Karl Ove Knausgaard, Michelle Obama, William Shatner, Tina Turner This is not a complete list, but will give you an idea of some of the books to be published sometime before the end of this year. I’ve tried to include a variety in each category, enough to give you an idea, but there are many more. For some of the books to be published in the Fall / Winter of 2018, there are brief excerpts included – similar to what you would get if you had a kindle “sample” of a book. For the full list and to read these excerpts - you can download the free edition of this book from all major ebookstores or from http://buzz.publishersmarketplace.com/ Many thanks for the ARC provided by Publishers Lunch BUZZ BOOKS

I could not get over the amount of books previewed in this book. So many great books to look forward to reading! Definitely helping me get my TBR titles together! I highly recommend!

Buzz Books 2018 has 2 components - each of which make it invaluable, perhaps for different audiences, but I'm sure the Venn diagram of readers interested in both shows a significant cross-section of readers. The first component of Buzz Books 2018 is a fall-winter publishing preview, with release dates, of: (a) certain literary fiction, with sublists for "highly anticipated" and emerging voices, (b) debut fiction, (c) commercial fiction, and (d) certain nonfiction, with sublists for politics & current events, social issues, science and technology, history and crime, essays criticism and more, As someone who follows most anticipated lists closely, I still augmented my TBR by at least ten titles I hadn't known were scheduled for 2018 release, thanks to this publication. No, it's not a comprehensive list of all pubs, but it is broad and deep, nonetheless. Second, Buzz Books 2018 (Fall & Winter) includes excerpts from a range of anticipated publications, including the following: Arikawa's The Travelling Cat Chronicles, Deveraux's A Willing Murder, Kingsolver's Unsheltered (my favorite), Mosley's John Woman, Adjei-Brenyah's Friday Black, Kochai's 99 Nights in Logar, and Carter's Invisible: The Forgotten Story of the Black, Woman Lawyer Who Took Down America's Most Powerful Mobster. Read what interests you; skip those that don't. In any event, Buzz Books 2018 (Fall and Winter) is worth perusing for all readers interested in upcoming releases.

I really appreciate these reviews. They help me filter my requests and result in more successful, targeted reading!

Thank you for an ARC of this Buzz Book in return for my honest review . I have been trying not to add anything else to my reading wish list on NetGalley but this Buzzbook just ruined that notion entirely! I highly recommend this read as a great sampler of soon to be realised books covering a number of genres. I am very excited by a number of the excerpts and very grateful for the samples of each book provided . I can’t wait to start reading some of these and to see the next seasons Buzzboosks.

Great collection of upcoming fiction and non fiction books. Plenty of new books for me to explore in the future.

As always, I enjoyed reading this quarterly installment of Buzz Books. There are so many good books coming this Fall/Winter that I am keen to read. I hope that these magazines continue getting published. So helpful.

Wow. Lots of reading here. I've been reading most of the afternoon and though I got through quite a few of the excerpts (the ones I thought would appeal to me), I'm not even halfway through! Being in the UK some of them might not be available to me (at an affordable cost) when they are published but there are a few I will look out for. I've enjoyed a few Diane Chamberlain books in the past and I'm sure The Dream Daughter will be on my list. I was intrigued by Daughter of a Daughter of a Queen but I'm not sure when or if that will be published in the UK. I do hope it will be. I think I would also like to read The Boy at the Keyhole. I'll need to look out for news of that one. I don't often read short stories but there was something about the Friday Black excerpt that made me want to read more despite the fact it is a kind of horrific tale.of consumerism at it's worst. No doubt over the next week I'll find many more titles to look out for. Thank you.

Thank you so much for posting these to look through. It introduces me to books I may not pick up before and gives me a chance to get a taste for what's to come later this year. It gets me so excited! I wouldn't have known about these otherwise.

So many book recommendations, so little time! But I will make time. Can’t wait to pick out the ones to read.

Another release full of great excepts and information. You honestly cannot go wrong giving this a read. I love being able to use the excerpts to decide whether to pursue a book in the future as you don't always know from the synopsis alone. Genuinely, a resource I would miss were it to stop!

Thank you for making this available. It's a great resource when trying to decide which galleys to download for the coming months.

There are going to be a lot of good releases this upcoming fall/winter 2018, in the realm of both fiction and nonfiction. I am especially excited for several, including Hiro Arikawa's The Travelling Cat Chronicles (which looks to be both sweet and heartbreaking), Sarah Bird's Daughter of a Daughter of a Queen (which was already on my TBR list), Stuart Turton's The 7 1/2 Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle (which looks to be thrilling and exciting). Can't wait to read these titles - and more!

Best place available to preview new Fall/Winter titles. Thanks to Publishers Lunch for making this available. It is invaluable to me as a bookseller. Thanks to Netgalley for an eARC of this book.

There are so many books that are coming out soon that I am looking forward to reading! I can't wait for these to be released.

A good resource to find out about upcoming books in the fall / winter. Lots to look forward to add to my TBR list abs to request for .

An excellent assortment of new books in this edition. There is something for everyone in this edition of the Fall/Winter book.

Always find this seasonal preview helpful! Really enjoyed this group of excerpts. Thank you for providing.

These books are always great for reading up on the next new and notable titles. They always help me find new titles to add to my TBR and/or request for review for my blog.

I love gettting these Buzz Books. I usually only want it for a peek at a title or two. But then I end up discovering a few more titles to read. The star of this edition is clearly Melmoth from Sarah Perry. But the new Elizabeth McCracken looks amazing.

This is my first time getting a Buzz Book and I feel like a kid in a candy store! I can start getting a taste of the Fall/Winter books and the excerpts are conveniently linked to easily request NetGalley.

Excited for the upcoming books! I've now got quite a few books lined up for fall. This is a great way to preview them. Thank you.

Love the excerpts and overview of what's coming up in the Fall/Winter. Buzz Books is a fantastic resource when sorting out what to request for reviewing.

I always enjoy these sneak peeks at what is coming up as I always find something that interest me. I will definitely be watching out for some of these especially the thriller/mystery ones!

I found the fall/winter Book Buzz extremely helpful. I am not going to be traveling to NY for bookcon this year, so this was helpful to see what is coming out later this year. Not the whole books, or ARCs by any means, it still gave me an idea of the books I will be wanting to purchase this fall and winter. Now it is the wait that is going to kill me!

The majority of the books I read currently are from the young adult category, so this gave me the opportunity to reach out of my comfort zone a bit. It introduced me to several new authors and has me looking forward to reading books from genres previously would have never considered.

This is the first time I downloaded one of these guides. I was able to put a lot on my TBR shelf. I will most certainly use additional guides in the future.

My to-be-read list just got longer! Another great Buzz Books. Not to be missed! Thanks to publisher and Netgalley for the chance to read this book. While I got the book for free, it had no bearing on the rating I gave it.