Pub Date 06 Sep 2018
Talking about this book? Be sure to tag it using #HunterShea #NetGalley
The monsters live inside of Kate Woodson. Chronic pain and a host of autoimmune diseases have robbed her of a normal, happy life. Her husband Andrew’s surprise of their dream Maine lake cottage for the summer is the gift of a lifetime. It’s beautiful, remote, idyllic, a place to heal. But they are not alone. Something is in the woods, screeching in the darkness, banging on the house, leaving animals for dead. Just like her body, Kate’s cottage becomes her prison. She and Andrew must fight to survive the creature that lurks in the dead of night.
FLAME TREE PRESS is the new fiction imprint of Flame Tree Publishing. Launching in 2018 the list brings together brilliant new authors and the more established; the award winners, and exciting, original voices.
A Note From the Publisher
Also available in paperback, ebook and audio. Simultaneous publication US, UK, worldwide.Author biog: Publishers Weekly named Shea’s lauded 2014 novel The Montauk Monster as one of their best reads of the summer. He is the author of over seventeen books, including We Are Always Watching, Tortures of the Damned, The Jersey Devil and They Rise. Shea is the product of a misspent childhood watching scary movies, reading and wishing Bigfoot would walk past his house. When he’s not writing thrillers and horror, he also spins tall tales for middle grade readers online. His video podcast, Monster Men, is one of the most watched horror podcasts in the world. Living with his supportive family and two cats, he’s happy to be close enough to New York City to see the skyline without having to pay New York rent.
• National consumer print, online, and broadcast media campaign
• Author bookstore & library appearances, Fall/Winter 2018
• Publishing trade ARC/galley outreach
• Blog tour and #FlameTreeTour features online
• Podcast tour.
• Advertisements appearing in Shelf Awareness, Ingram Supplements, NAIBA e-mail blast, and PublishersWeekly.com *
• Author interviews and excerpts available upon request
• Influencer outreach to Amazon top reviewers & Goodreads librarians, Bookstagrammers, BookTubers, podcasters, and more
• Audiobook from Flame Tree Audio