Detective Comics: 80 Years of Batman Deluxe Edition
Pub Date 12 Mar 2019
Talking about this book? Be sure to tag it using #DetectiveComics80yearsOfBatmanDeluxeEdition #NetGalley
Join us in a celebration of Detective Comics' amazing eight-decade run and Batman's 80 years, with reflections on Detective Comics by Cory Doctorow, Neil Gaiman, Glen David Gold, Senator Patrick Leahy, Denny O'Neil, Anthony Tollin, police chief Shelley Zimmerman and Paul Levitz.
This special collector's edition also features the very first Batman story; the debuts of classic sidekicks and allies like Robin, Batgirl, Batwoman and even Bat-Mite; and the first stories of archvillains Two-Face, the Riddler and Man-Bat.
With a new cover by DC publisher and chief creative officer Jim Lee, a never-before-published sketchbook of Lew Sayre Schwartz, a never-before-published scene from Bruce Wayne's childhood by Paul Levitz and Denys Cowan and much, much more, this is sure to be the celebration of the year!
• National media campaign including National Public Radio and national print features and review coverage
• Extensive online support including EW, USA Today, PopMatters, Ain't It Cool News, IGN, CBR, Comic Vine, Newsarama and various comic book blogs and pop culture sites
• Digital ARC available December 2018
• Ties in to a WB Studio promotion of Batman's 80th anniversary, which will feature a national advertising and marketing campaign
• National advertising: Facebook, in-book advertising, Comic Book Resources, IGN, Newsarama, College Humor, Hero Complex, latimes.com, The Onion
• E-mail blasts sent to libraries, retailers and media
• Ingram and Baker & Taylor advertising
• Promotion on dccomics.com; goodreads.com
• Goodreads giveaway
• Promotion through DC Comics social media (Facebook, Twitter, blogs)
• Support at trade book and comic shows
• Promotional co-op allowance
• Co-op available