Broken

A Heart Stopping Psychological Thriller with a Killer Twist

Pub Date 18 Feb 2019 | Archive Date 22 Feb 2019

Talking about this book? Use #Broken #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

A hauntingly horrific tale of a troubled young woman who escapes—into a nightmare . . .

Not everyone can be saved . . .

Annabel, a troubled young woman trying to put her life back together, decides to take a trip to England’s coast to clear her head and get away from her mother. But when she arrives in the little seaside town, she discovers a series of grisly murders have taken place and police are searching for a twisted killer. After a fateful meeting with a mysterious stranger, Jude, the course of her life changes, and soon she finds peace in a world away from the misery she has known. But when Jude comes under suspicion from the police, and her idyllic world is threatened, Annabel’s happy existence starts to become a nightmare. Can Annabel escape her painful past or is her fate sealed? And why is she haunted by horrific visions when she seems on the verge of finding happiness?

This astonishing novel will take you on a shattering journey through Annabel’s fight for survival and will ask if the greatest threat we pose is to ourselves.

This is a revised edition of a book previously published as Beneath The Watery Moon.

Suitable for readers over 18 only. This book contains graphic scenes and of acts of violence which some readers may find disturbing.

Not everyone can be saved . . .

ISBN 9781912986101
PRICE CA$19.99 (CAD)

Send to Kindle (MOBI)

It was supposed to be a vacation of sorts, time to sort out her life, but Annabel walks right into the middle of a murder mystery. A killer has cut a swathe through the Suffolk coast, and although the police are doing everything they can to track him, thus far they have had no luck. Meanwhile, Annabel has met Jude and has actually started to believed that her life may begin to turn around. Annabel is wrong. In this novel, little of what the reader perceives to be the truth actually is, providing a thrilling ride of suspense and mayhem

Reading about Annabel struggling to overcome her mental illness and to face reality was intriguing. In order to avoid spoilers I’m going to say I really enjoyed reading this book. While the ending was nothing near what I was expecting the story kept me reading until the last page. Definitely worth reading

Not for the faint of heart, Broken takes you on a horrific journey. Annabel is trying to start her life again after recently being hospitalized due to a bipolar episode. Feeling suffocated by her Mother, Annabel takes a solo trip to the shores of Suffolk. She meets the mysterious Jude. Almost immediately, the roller coaster begins. I could barely tear myself away from it. The book almost feels manic, as Annabel's life take these fantastical turns. Finally, you are left with the terrifying question of just how much can you take before you are broken?

I really enjoyed this book, the characters were well developed. It had an interesting plot. I would be interested in reading more