Everdark

Pub Date 28 Feb 2019 | Archive Date 11 May 2020

Talking about this book? Use #Everdark #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Abi Elphinstone's Everdark is a 2019 £1 World Book Day book.

It is midnight in Crackledawn – a midnight full of magic. Sea dragons stir in the depths of the ocean, silver whales surface beneath the moon and sand goblins line the shores. Everyone is waiting for the phoenix, the guardian of the kingdom’s magic, to rise up from the forests of Everdark.

But there is no sign of the phoenix tonight. Something else surges up out of Everdark instead: a harpy bent on stealing Crackledawn’s magic.

It is up to an eleven-year-old girl called Smudge and an eccentric monkey called Bartholomew to set sail beyond the legendary Northswirl and stop the harpy before it’s too late.

So, grab your compass and roll down your sail – the first adventure in THE UNMAPPED CHRONICLES are about to begin...

The next adventure in The Unmapped Chronicles Rumblestar is out on 30th May 2019

Abi Elphinstone's Everdark is a 2019 £1 World Book Day book.

Advance Praise

'Abi Elphinstone's #Everdark is, by a nautical mile, the best book I've read all year. Exquisitely written and so immersive that I lived every heart-stopping moment and heard the snap of sails in my dreams, the first in the #UNMAPPEDCHRONICLES series is irresistible. #WorldBookDayUK'
Lauren St John

‘Abi Elphinstone has created a complete world so believably and effortlessly, I can only marvel’
Piers Torday on The Unmapped Chronicles

EDITION Paperback
PRICE £1.00 (GBP)

Send To Kindle (PDF)

Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for providing me with an e copy this book (I will be adding a physical copy to my collection) I've read Abi's other middle grade books and loved them and this one did not disappoint! It was action packed all the way through and I really enjoyed it!