Diana: Princess of the Amazons
by Shannon Hale; Dean Hale
Pub Date 07 Jan 2020
Talking about this book? Be sure to tag it using #DianaPrincessOfTheAmazons #NetGalley
Eleven-year-old Diana leads an idyllic life on the island of Themyscira. Cut off from the rest of the world, she's beginning to feel a little alone. Though she has a loving mother and many "aunties," she is an only child. In fact, the only child on the entire island!
After an escapade goes wrong, Diana gets in trouble for not living up to the Amazonian standard. She just can't seem to measure up no matter what she does. Every other person on the island is an adult proficient in their trade and mighty in body, while she is gangly, sometimes clumsy, and not particularly good at anything. She's not Wonder Woman... yet anyway. What Diana needs is a friend; someone her own age whom she can talk to. But when she decides to take matters into her own hands, she encounters the unexpected!
• National Media Campaign including National Public Radio and national print features and review coverage.
• Extensive online support including Entertainment Weekly, USA Today, Pop Matters, IGN, CBR and various comic book blogs and pop culture sites.
• Trade review campaign including Kirkus, Publisher's Weekly and School Library Journal
• Featured among launch titles for DC Books for Young Readers
• Extensive marketing budget for the launch of DC Books for Young Readers
• Featured title at ALA Midwinter 2018, ALA Annual 2019 and Book Expo 2019
• Physical galleys made available for libraries, independent bookstores and retailers
• Galley mailing August 2019
• Digital galleys available on Edelweiss and NetGalley July 2019
• In-book advertising and national print and online advertising: Facebook, Goodreads, Library Journal, Shelf Awareness
• Shelf Awareness dedicated issue, DC Books for Young Readers, Fall 2018
• Trade ad campaign including Publishers Weekly, School Library Journal, Shelf Awareness and Booklist
• Ingram and Baker & Taylor graphic novel supplements
• Promotion on dccomics.com; goodreads.com
• Promotion through DC Comics social media (Facebook, Twitter, blogs)
• E-blasts with links to digital galleys sent to bookstores, libraries and media
• Goodreads and Bookish giveaways
• Promotional co-op allowance
• Promotional posters available