Diana: Princess of the Amazons
by Shannon Hale; Dean Hale
Pub Date 07 Jan 2020
Talking about this book? Be sure to tag it using #DianaPrincessOfTheAmazons #NetGalley
Eleven-year-old Diana has an almost perfect life on the island of Themyscira. But even though she has a loving mother and many "aunties," she is an only child. The only child on the entire island, in fact. Every other person on the island is an adult who's the best in their trade and mighty in body, while Diana is small, sometimes clumsy, and not particularly good at anything. She's not Wonder Woman...yet.
What Diana needs is someone her own age whom to talk to. Taking matters into her own hands, she creates a playmate out of clay. It's all fun and games for a while, until things get out of control and Diana has to decide whether she's made a new friend...or a monster!
• National Media Campaign including National Public Radio and national print features and review coverage.
• Extensive online support including Entertainment Weekly, USA Today, Pop Matters, IGN, CBR and various comic book blogs and pop culture sites.
• Trade review campaign including Kirkus, Publisher's Weekly and School Library Journal
• Featured among launch titles for DC Books for Young Readers
• Extensive marketing budget for the launch of DC Books for Young Readers
• Featured title at ALA Midwinter 2018, ALA Annual 2019 and Book Expo 2019
• Physical galleys made available for libraries, independent bookstores and retailers
• Galley mailing August 2019
• Digital galleys available on Edelweiss and NetGalley July 2019
• In-book advertising and national print and online advertising: Facebook, Goodreads, Library Journal, Shelf Awareness
• Shelf Awareness dedicated issue, DC Books for Young Readers, Fall 2018
• Trade ad campaign including Publishers Weekly, School Library Journal, Shelf Awareness and Booklist
• Ingram and Baker & Taylor graphic novel supplements
• Promotion on dccomics.com; goodreads.com
• Promotion through DC Comics social media (Facebook, Twitter, blogs)
• E-blasts with links to digital galleys sent to bookstores, libraries and media
• Goodreads and Bookish giveaways
• Promotional co-op allowance
• Promotional posters available