The Dung Beetles of Liberia
A Novel Based on True Events
by Daniel V. Meier, Jr.
Pub Date 01 Sep 2019
Talking about this book? Be sure to tag it using #TheDungBeetlesOfLiberia #NetGalley
It's 1961 and young Ken Verrier is experiencing the turbulence of Ishmael and the guilt of his brother's death. His sudden decision to drop out of college and deal with his demons shocks his family, his friends, and especially his girlfriend, soon to have been his fiance. His destination: Liberia—the richest country in Africa both in monetary wealth and natural resources. But nothing could have prepared Ken for the experiences he was about to live through. He quickly realizes that he has arrived in a place where he understands very little of what is considered normal, where the dignity of life has little meaning, and where he can trust no one. Author Daniel Meier describes Ken Verrier's many escapades, spanning from horrifying to whimsical, with engaging and fast-moving narrative that ultimately describe a society upon which the wealthy are feeding and in which the poor are being buried.
It's a novel that will stay will you long after the last word has been read.
A Note From the Publisher
Also available in eBook #9781945448386
“Rugged, riveting, packed with exotic adventure and attitude, Meier’s Dung Beetles is non-stop entertainment.” — Douglas Rogers, author of The Last Resort
“. . . A fascinating evocation of 1960s Liberia, the novel explores the commonly accepted system of bribery and the arbitrary division between the masses. It will definitely appeal to fans of literary fiction as well as lovers of non-fiction. An engrossing read that is both informative and entertaining.” — The Prairies Book Review
“. . . With a gift for portraying dialect, character quirks, and the intricacies of combining salient details of his youthful adventures with fictional flights of fancy, Meier flies readers on this soaring, literary saga that will leave them clamoring for a sequel.” — Kate Robinson, The US Review of Books
• Social Media Campaign (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest
• Author website continual updates (Danielmeierauthor.com)
• Regular blogs to targeted list
• Extensive outreach to Book Clubs (Local, California, Florida, Northeast)
• Press releases to local newspapers plus the Washington Post and Baltimore Sun
• Press releases to local radio stations
• Speaking engagements at Service Clubs
• Speaking/Reading engagements at Bookstsores (Local/California/ Florida/Northeast)
• Appearances at Book events and festivals
• Podcast interviews