Lambda Literary Award-winning author TJ Klune’s breakout contemporary fantasy
An Indie Next Pick!
One of Publishers Weekly's "Most Anticipated Books of Spring 2020"
One of Book Riot’s “20 Must-Read Feel-Good Fantasies”
Linus Baker is a by-the-book case worker in the Department in Charge of Magical Youth. He's tasked with determining whether six dangerous magical children are likely to bring about the end of the world.
Arthur Parnassus is the master of the orphanage. He would do anything to keep the children safe, even if it means the world will burn. And his secrets will come to light.
The House in the Cerulean Sea is an enchanting love story, masterfully told, about the profound experience of discovering an unlikely family in an unexpected place—and realizing that family is yours.
"1984 meets The Umbrella Academy with a pinch of Douglas Adams thrown in." —Gail Carriger, New York Times bestselling author of Soulless
- National author tour, including appearances at cons and prepub industry events
- National print and online publicity campaign
- National print and online consumer advertising campaign including Goodreads, The Mary Sue, and LQBTQ and fantasy publications
- Prepublication trade and consumer buzz campaign
- Major ARC mailings to booksellers, librarians, media, and industry big mouths
- Extensive ARC giveaways via Shelf Awareness Pro, Goodreads, and San Diego and New York Comic-Cons
- Digital marketing campaign, including digital preview, author guest posts, and social media takeovers
- Pre-order campaign with exclusive digital short, supported via social media outreach and advertising
- Tor.com promotions including excerpts and review
- LGBTQ promotions