Talking about this book? Be sure to tag it using #ASongBelowWater #NetGalley
Bethany C. Morrow's A Song Below Water is the story for today’s readers — a captivating modern fantasy about black mermaids, friendship, and self-discovery set against the challenges of today's racism and sexism.
In a society determined to keep her under lock and key, Tavia must hide her siren powers.
Meanwhile, Effie is fighting her own family struggles, pitted against literal demons from her past. Together, these best friends must navigate through the perils of high school’s junior year.
But everything changes in the aftermath of a siren murder trial that rocks the nation, and Tavia accidentally lets out her magical voice at the worst possible moment.
Soon, nothing in Portland, Oregon, seems safe. To save themselves from drowning, it’s only Tavia and Effie’s unbreakable sisterhood that proves to be the strongest magic of all.
“An enthralling tale of black girl magic and searing social commentary ready to rattle the bones.” — Dhonielle Clayton, New York Times bestselling author of The Belles
- National author tour, including pre-pub events
- National print and online publicity campaign
- Extensive national print and online advertising campaign
- Prepublication trade and consumer buzz campaign, including early-reader review programs, advertising, social media blitz, and NetGalley promotions
- Major ARC distribution to independent bookstores, institutional conferences, and consumer festivals
- Indie Next campaign
- Teen advisory board and YA book club promotions
- Digital marketing campaign to include newsletter promotions, sweepstakes, partnering with social YA influencers, and extensive coverage on Tor Teen’s social media platforms
- Digital preview
- Featured title in #OwnYourMagic marketing campaign
- Promotional giveaways for events and conferences
- Extensive school and library marketing, including conference promotions via ARC and promo distribution, in-booth display and signage