The Missing Mortals

Pub Date 06 Feb 2020 | Archive Date 05 Feb 2020

Talking about this book? Use #TheMissingMortals #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

It seemed like an impossible task but the instructions left no doubt—find the Missing Mortals or someone will die.

Emma and the gang are back in their next adventure at Dinswood Academy and must search for a group of missing statues to solve an age-old legend.

While digging the foundation for Dinswood Academy’s new gymnasium, a missing sculpture is discovered. Convinced the statue is really part of the missing mortals thought to be lost in 1712, Lord Dinswood assigns Emma and her friends the task of finding them.

But what begins as a fun adventure quickly turns into a desperate search when they receive a threatening note: find the Missing Mortals or someone will die!

Will Emma and her friends find the statues in time?

A Note From the Publisher

Available in the following formats: Hardcover: (978-1-64397-010-3) Softcover: (978-1-947727-84-7) & Ebook: (978-1-64397-011-0). LCCN: (2018948483). Print distribution through Ingram, Bertrams, and Baker & Taylor. Ebook library distribution through Overdrive

Marketing Plan

• E-newsletter promotion
• Author appearances at local and national festivals
•...

EDITION Hardcover

I received this book from NetGalley in exchange of an honest review. After The secret of Dinswood, Ellen Alexander comes back with the second book, The missing mortals. Emma and the gang are involved into another mystery. This time they need to find some missing statues to solve an old legend or someone will die. Threatened by the note, Emma and her friends are forced to search for the statues, racing against the time. Funny, witty and interesting. The missing mortals is a great read and I really liked it! The characters, Emma above all, are great, complex and really funny!

I loved the first book in the series so I was excited to read the second and I was not disappointed. Such a fun series!

A fun read, witty and entertaining. I didn't read the first book in this series but I had no issues with the plot or the characters. It's well written and the fleshed out cast of characters is interesting. Can't wait to read another story by this author. Recommended. Many thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for this ARC, all opinions are mine.

I received this book from Netgalley in exchange of an honest review. I did not read the first book in this series but I didn't need to as the author explained what happened in the first book, which is one of many things I loved about this book. The setting, plot and characters are all very well written. I found this book funny and extremely interesting. I really did feel like I was there with the characters going through everything they did. I can't wait to see if the gang are going to have another mystery to solve!

I received a complimentary copy of this Ebook ARC from the author, publisher, and netgalley in exchange for an honest review. Doug, Sebastien and friends are back in a brand new adventure. When they return to Dinnswood academy early, Lord Dinnswood asks for their help in retrieving clay statuettes of biblical women from the bible that belongs to his family called "The Missing Mortals". Can the children find the statues and stay out of danger by doing so? Read on and find out for yourself. This was a great installment of the Dinnswood Academy series. Fans of action-packed stories set at school and enjoy mysteries and puzzle-solving adventures will enjoy this series. Be sure to check out Book II of this series when it officially comes to bookstores and wherever ebooks are sold on February 6,2020.

This was such a fun quick read. I definitely think the story is targeted at a you get audience than myself but I found it so lovely to read. I won't be continuing on with the series purely because it wasn't riveting enough.

I thought this book was a really enjoyable read! I don't typically read middle grade books, but the plot of this one intrigued me, so I requested the ARC after having read the first one! It was outside my niche age group and some of the content was bound to feel juvenile to me, but regardless it was good! This book picked up a lot quicker than the first one did, throwing me right into the action of the story. The writing style for this book was really readable and I flew through it really quickly, not only because of the middle grade language. I really liked how high the stakes were and the way in which the suspense built throughout the book. The plot was really original and the mystery elements were really well done. I think that the characters in this story were really cute and enjoyable, as I did in the first book. I did think that it was a bit unbelievable that they were only 8th graders, but of course, that may be just because I'm above the targeted age group of this story. A younger reader might not think much of it! This book was action-packed and the perfect read for when I was that age! It was a really enjoyable story and I hope to be able to return to this world soon!

This was my first book by this author, It was pretty enjoyable. I would give this book a 3.5 star rating! It was a pretty Quick and easy read!

I enjoyed this title so much! I thought the plot was so intriguing, and the characterization very strong! The description used by the author was so evocative I felt transported, and I kept turning until the very last page. I think the cover is very cute - I'll be sure to purchase this for my store!