Consequences for Stepping Up and Speaking Out

Working for the Department of Homeland Security, Customs and Border Protection, Equal Employment Opportunity Office

Pub Date 01 Dec 2018 | Archive Date 12 May 2020
Salem Author Services, Liberty Hill Publishing

Talking about this book? Use #ConsequencesforSteppingUpandSpeakingOut #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

My Story: How Managers and Supervisors Were Not Held Accountable for Their Actions Against Me by author Penny Dean tells the astounding story of her mistreatment while working as a federal government employee of the Equal Employment Opportunity Office. In My Story, Penny Dean details the months and years of accusations of improper workplace conduct, leading up to her supervisors taking inappropriate action against her in the form of an unfounded internal affairs investigations in search of illegal actions in the workplace. This memoir incudes documentation of the department’s policies, procedures, and definitions that help outline employees’ legal rights in the workplace. My Story also details Penny’s in-depth complaint process while attempting to defend herself and hold these managers accountable for their predatory action. Reading My Story will help others find ways to prevent unfair workplace environments and retaliation from supervisors in their own workplace situations.

EDITION Paperback