Secrets of Numerology

Pub Date 07 Apr 2020 | Archive Date 01 Apr 2020

Talking about this book? Use #SecretsofNumerology #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Secrets of Numerology is the perfect introductory guide to master this practice, and learn about its history and theory. This book provides simple step-by-step instructions on creating your own name chart, revealing an array of numbers significant to you. With in-depth analysis on the traits of each number, you can learn about your true self, relationships, and potential. In combination with astrology and the Tarot, numerology can help you produce predictions and take control of your life.

For thousands of years people have been aware of the significance of numbers. The early Greeks taught that numbers are central to the understanding of life itself, while Galileo, the medieval Italian astronomer, said, “The book of nature is written in mathematical language.” From Pythagoras to Plato, people have believed in the divine significance of numbers for thousands of years. The practice of Numerology uses a set of numbers, your name, and date of birth to calculate everything from your personality to your destiny.

Secrets of Numerology informs you on all aspects about the time-tested practice of numerology, including:Calculating your personal numbersEnhancing your knowledge of astrology and tarotThe wisdom of universal numbersRelationship compatibility based on your personal numbers and birthdayThis attractively presented book explains both the history and theory of numerology, and, through practical advice, opens the door on a new world of possibilities. Rather than enduring the effects of various life circumstances, we can, through numerology, take part in their rhythmic process, one that links us with universal purpose and meaning. Numerology offers us the ability to order and control our lives.

The Holistic Secrets series provides comprehensive explanations of the fundamental principles behind holistic techniques and methods. They explore practices in detail and offer advice in an accessible guide that teaches you about the power of these methods and how they can be harnessed to balance your mind, body, and spirit. These books—suitable for the beginner or the experienced practitioner—tell you everything you need to know about establishing a practice at home.

When it is eternally snowy and cold outside, superspeed readers like me can read 250+ pages/hour, so yes, I have read the book … and many more today. LOL

Secrets of Numerology is the complete beginner's introduction to the world of numerology, its origins, history, theory and step-by-step instructions on how to put it into practice.

Part of the Secrets of series, this book explores the secrets behind numerology, including:
The history of numerology
The meanings behind each number
Instructions on calculating your personality and destiny numbers

Analysis of relationship compatibility

. . . and much more

For thousands of years, people have been aware of the significance of numbers. The early Greeks taught that numbers are central to the understanding of life itself, while Galileo, the medieval Italian astronomer, said, “The book of nature is written in mathematical language”. Through numerology, we take part in their rhythmic process, one that links us with universal purpose and meaning. Written by an expert in the field, this book includes clear and simple instructions on creating your own name chart, analysis on the traits of each number, and advice on how to make predictions to take control of your life.

This is from a series of books put out by the publisher named "The Holistic Series" which includes the books The Secrets of Aromatherapy, The Secrets of Chakras, The Secrets of Crystals, The Secrets of Meditation and the Secrets of Numerology.

On their own, they are great as stand-alone titles. As a set, they are amazing - they are all well written and the authors know their stuff: in fact, some of them had earlier versions of their books. And the covers are things I want to copy the pattern of and paint (on a canvas).

I am going to admit it, I am obsessed with the number 8 - maybe it is because I look like the number?? If I want to wake up at 7, I set the clock for 7:01 as it adds up to eight. I have never looked into numerology before, but this book explains it so well that I think I may be able to get rid of my obsession with 8 or maybe find another number that works better for me. Maybe a 2 or a 3 ... oh, no, 2 to the power of 3 is 8. Sigh.

A great book, well written and so much information that makes sense, at least to me - read it and give it a go for yourself.

As always, I try to find a reason to not rate with stars as I love emojis (outside of their incessant use by "🙏-ed Social Influencer Millennials/#BachelorNation survivors/Tik-Tok and YouTube Millionaires/etc. " on Instagram and Twitter... Get a real job, people!) so let's give it 🥒🥒🥒🥒(hey, cucumber rhymes, kind of, with number!)

Another interesting book that sparks one of my hobbies. Looked forward to reading but sadly wouldnt load to the tablets at all

A good and easy to read introduction to numerology for beginners

If you are looking for an easy to read introduction to numerology as a tool to better understand yourself, influences and your relations with others, this would be a good book as it also briefly relates numerology with tarot and astrology. You learn how to calculate the important numbers for yourself or anyone else and what the numbers entails.

If you are already familiar with numerology and depending on which framework, there may be less to learn. I found that the pinnacle calculations concept is different from what I have learnt elsewhere. I would also have wished that the author would have shared the logic for the origin of the pinnacle calculation factors to better understand why and how it differs with other numerology systems.

This Book was a great read. My kids and I sat down and each worked through the book figuring out our Personality numbers, Soul Numbers, Destiny Numbers, Etc. and compared to how we feel we actually behave and life our lives. My kids were completely mesmerized with the accuracy of most of the information and I agree. The information that is uprooted definitely helps you to understand the type of person you are and where you might be able to put some effort in to become the person you WANT to be. Even though we received this book for review in advance by the publisher through #NetGalley, I feel this would have been a great purchase to go along with my other Numerology Books. #SecretsofNumerology has a very detailed list of number calculations that give you so much insight into yourself or those around you. I highly recommend this to anyone.

A friend told me about numerology years ago, but I’d never been able to find a comprehensible book about. This ticked all the boxes for me, it was clear and easy to follow to learn how to work out your numbers. This is another book, where I will need to read it more than once to fully understand it.

Thank you NetGalley for my complimentary copy in return for my honest review.

I learned a lot about myself and others by using the simple techniques given in Secrets of Numerology. There are lots of examples of each number and its traits. Famous people are used for instance and their names are looked at as examples. Its very simple to do and the results are profound! After reading and doing the basics I am interested in looking at future dates and the possibilities for me. Easy to read and very interesting.

Very thorough history of numerology and a good way to learn how to see what your numbers are and how they apply to your life. There are sections on universal numbers, destiny numbers, etc. It is a good reference book for experienced practitioners, as well as for those new to learning about numerology.

I am going on Day 55 of self-isolation, am very much Covid free, and anxiously looking to the heavens for any sign I can get back to my ‘old normal’ soon. That’s why it was quite serendipitous I was offered a chance to review Dawne Kovan’s newly published Secrets of Numerology. I’ve always been fascinated with astrology, tarot, astral charts and the like but it’s been a long time since I’ve done anything more than check my weekly horoscope. Having a chance to take my time exploring Secrets of Numerology gave me insights into myself and a few of my loved ones and provided me with hours of escapism at a time when I really wish I could see into the future (or at least see ahead to the next few weeks).

I’d summarize Secrets of Numerology as a very well-written, easy to understand beginners guide to exploring the role numbers play in our lives. The history and theory of numbers is explained in a very methodical manner, moving from an overview to the specifics of universal, personality, destiny, karmic, soul, secret self, and maturity numbers. The author delves into numbers as they relate to relationships and explores in some depth how numbers can predict important times in our lives (including pinnacle periods, challenging periods, and the personal year). Finally, the book explores the relationship between numbers, the Tarot and astrology. All in all, Secrets of Numerology is a very thorough, very easy to follow exploration of numerology perfectly suited for any beginning enthusiast.

So what did I learn about my own numbers? As a designer who has always been influenced by multiples of 3 I was somewhat surprised to learn my universal number is 9, my soul number is 6, my destiny is 9, my pinnacles are 6, challenges are 3, and my personal year yet another 6. Pretty weird, right? Universal 9’s embrace experiences and like to learn about life. They are practical and realistic. They like to tear down the old to make the new but don’t hang around afterward as they are on to the next thing. 9’s are uniquely prepared for what life throws their way. I won’t go into all the details of the 9 that is me, but suffice it to say after I researched all of those 3’s, 6’s, and 9’s I really am, without any doubt, a true Number 9.

Curious about what your universal number might be? Take your birth month + birth date + birth year (4 digits) and add them all together, then break down the 4 digit total by adding the 1st numeral to the 2nd, that sum to the 3rd, that sum to the 4th, and oof that gives you a double digit sum add the two numbers again, until you finally reduce the number to a single digit (although straggly enough, 11 or 12 are the exceptions to this rule). Easy, right? Of course, now you need to know what your number translates to, which means you’ll need to get your own copy of Secrets of Numerology and figure it out for yourself. I can’t think of a better way to while away the hours until we are free again. Until then, stay safe and be kind…

This book is very insightful into Numerology. It cover many different topics and even explains ties between numerology, tarot, & astrology. I really like how it covers many different numerological aspects such as you life path number, personality number, destiny number, etc. along with teaching you how to calculate them. Its a great introduction to numerology that I would recommend to anyone interested in the topic.

Mankind has been fascinated with numbers for thousands of years, numbers and their understanding have given humans the ability to explore and describe the world of both the seen and the unseen. Numerology is a part of the process of using numbers to make sense of the world.
In 'the secrets of numerology' Dawne Kovan takes the reader through the history of the subject, identifies the main theories, and demonstrates how the casual reader can use these ideas to explore how numerology can explain their life.
This is a highly readable and contemporary introduction to an age old field.

Secrets of Numerology by Dawne Kovan was a fun book to read. I think it’ll be great as a coffee table book and a hit at parties.