The Earth Prescription

Discover the Healing Power of Nature with Grounding Practices for Every Season

Pub Date 04 Jun 2020 | Archive Date 29 Apr 2020

Talking about this book? Use #TheEarthPrescription #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Get in touch with the earth! This hands-on guide will help you deepen your innate bond with nature and feel more centered, focused, creative, and vibrantly alive.
A life lived indoors is not a life lived. And yet many of us spend the majority of our days indoors, trapped in our own heads, addicted to our screens and online connections, and feeling more and more disconnected to our own bodies-and the planet-than ever before. Intuitively, we know that even a five-minute walk outdoors can calm us and awaken our senses, but we tell ourselves we don't have time, or we can't seem to make the time.
In The Earth Prescription, holistic physician Laura Koniver, MD, offers the ideal antidote to the toxicity of a life isolated from nature-grounding, or directly touching the earth to heal your body and rejuvenate your sense of total well-being. Think about how good it feels to get outside and walk along the grass. This simple activity connects you to the earth, allowing you to reap its restorative powers-which include reducing depression, lowering blood pressure, curbing stress, and increasing happiness.
With this practical and uplifting guide, you'll learn how to incorporate the practice of grounding anytime, anywhere, and find tips for including kids or your favorite pooch. Also included is an "earth journal" to log your experiences and positive results, as well as a troubleshooting guide to help ensure that you stay grounded in every season-despite the weather! This book will give you everything you need to enjoy the healing energy of nature-you simply have to get outside and get grounded.

A life lived indoors is not a life...

Advance Praise

The Earth Prescription is a game changer. It is precisely the medicine our planet and our bodies, minds, and spirits are longing for at this time in history.”
Christiane Northrup, MD, New York Times bestselling author of Goddesses Never Age; The Wisdom of Menopause; and Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom

“At last, a clearly written explanation of ‘Earthing’ and its benefits. Chock-full of simple, easy-to-understand, inexpensive methods for successful grounding, Laura Koniver has nailed it with this well-researched publication.”
Emil DeToffol, DDS, founder of Less EMF Inc., and retired dentist with a background in engineering chemistry who has studied the impact and remedies for electromagnetic exposure for over twenty years

Christiane Northrup, MD, New York...

PRICE £12.99 (GBP)