Talking about this book? Be sure to tag it using #Misfits #NetGalley
Available in hardback, paperback, ebook and audiobook editions worldwide.
"I don't know how Hunter Shea keeps churning out terrifying stories that feel original, but I want more." – Cedar Hollow Reviews
During the height of the 90s grunge era, five high school friends living on the fringe are driven to the breaking point. When one of their friends is brutally raped by a drunk townie, they decide to take matters into their own hands. Deep in the woods of Milbury, Connecticut, there lives the legend of the Melon Heads, a race of creatures that shun human interaction and prey on those who dare to wander down Dracula Drive. Maybe this night, one band of misfits can help the other. Or maybe some legends are meant to be feared for a reason.
FLAME TREE PRESS is the new fiction imprint of Flame Tree Publishing. Launched in 2018 the list brings together brilliant new authors and the more established; the award winners, and exciting, original voices.
A Note From the Publisher
Also available in paperback, ebook and audio. Simultaneous publication US, UK, worldwide.Author biog: Publishers Weekly named Shea’s lauded 2014 novel The Montauk Monster as one of their best reads of the summer. He is the author of over seventeen books, including We Are Always Watching, Tortures of the Damned, The Jersey Devil and They Rise. Shea is the product of a misspent childhood watching scary movies, reading and wishing Bigfoot would walk past his house. When he’s not writing thrillers and horror, he also spins tall tales for middle grade readers online. His video podcast, Monster Men, is one of the most watched horror podcasts in the world. Living with his supportive family and two cats, he’s happy to be close enough to New York City to see the skyline without having to pay New York rent.
• National consumer print, online, and broadcast media campaign
• Author bookstore & library appearances, Fall/Winter 2018
• Publishing trade ARC/galley outreach
• Blog tour and #FlameTreeTour features online
• Podcast tour
• Advertisements to appear in key book and consumer trade print and online media, and e-blasts/newsletters
• Author interviews and excerpts available upon request
• Influencer outreach to Amazon top reviewers & Goodreads librarians, Bookstagrammers, BookTubers, podcasters, and more
• Audiobook from Flame Tree Audio