Talking about this book? Be sure to tag it using #SerpentRising #NetGalley
Ever since her great aunt left her alone in a cave when she was ten, Serena Mendez has been haunted by the traumatic incident. Now she’s an unemployed, pill-popping twenty-one year old suffering from nightmares and PTSD. When her psychiatrist suggests she visit her great aunt to get to the root cause of her ailment, she reluctantly agrees it’s time to confront the past.
Accompanied by her geeky friend Bryson, they travel to a Navajo Reservation to meet with her great aunt and return to the cave where it all began. But what she discovers points to an ancient conflict between the Illuminati and a Luminarian sect with origins to Atlantis—and she appears to be at the center of it all. With more questions than answers and only a handful of clues, Serena embarks on a mystical journey across six continents to learn more.
But sinister forces oppose her. Pursued by a powerful enemy, Serena must evade capture and fulfill her true destiny. Can she expose dark secrets and a hidden conspiracy? Or will those who wish to remain in the shadows find her first?
A Note From the Publisher
• Online advertising and promotion
• Special pre-publication mailings
• E-newsletter promotion
• Virtual events
• Bookstore signings throughout Florida and national convention appearances
• Targeted email marketing to ALA librarians
• Reading group guides
• Social media promotion
• Blog features and promotions, including planned blog tour
• Virtual roundtable discussions at various industry news sites
• Radio Interviews
• Video podcasts on YouTube