The Gratitude Project

How Cultivating Thankfulness Can Rewire Your Brain for Resilience, Optimism, and the Greater Good

Pub Date 29 Oct 2020 | Archive Date 01 Sep 2020

Talking about this book? Use #TheGratitudeProject #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Gratitude is powerful: not only does it feel good, it's also been proven to increase our well-being in myriad ways. The result of a multiyear collaboration between the Greater Good Science Center and Robert Emmons of the University of California, Davis, The Gratitude Project explores gratitude's deep roots in human psychology-how it evolved and how it affects our brain-as well as the transformative impact it has on creating a meaningful life and a better world.
With essays based on new findings from this original research and written by renowned positive psychologists and public figures, this important book delves deeply into the neuroscience and psychology of gratitude, and explores how thankfulness can be developed and applied, both personally and in communities large and small, for the benefit of all.
With contributions from luminaries such as Sonja Lyubomirsky, W. Kamau Bell, Van Jones, and many more, this edited volume offers more than just platitudes-it offers a blueprint for a new and better world.

Advance Praise

“Gratitude arises when we bring an open and full presence to our life, and its sweetness is a feeling of homecoming. The Gratitude Project is an exquisite and wise inquiry into this beautiful expression of the heart!”
Tara Brach, author of Radical Acceptance and Radical Compassion

The Gratitude Project is a practical and thoughtful exploration of how appreciation can help us find hope and strengthen our most important relationships. Gratitude is a mind-set that does far more than make you feel good; it can help you be your best self, connect with others, and see the good in the world.”
Kelly McGonigal, author of The Joy of Movement and The Upside of Stress