Five Days Missing

Pub Date 17 Feb 2022 | Archive Date 20 Feb 2022

The gripping new heart-in-mouth thriller from Top 20 bestseller Caroline Corcoran

‘Deliciously twisted’ Red
‘Addictive’ Stylist
‘Atmospheric’ Good Housekeeping

Having a baby is all about firsts. The first touch. The first kiss. The first cuddle. They mark a lifetime of firsts – including the first goodbye.

When Romilly says goodbye to her new baby daughter, abandoning her at the hospital hours after giving birth, no one can understand why she would leave – and where she has gone.

In those first few hours she had been the image of a doting mother and would have done anything to protect her baby.
Something has clearly gone wrong. Could it be that Romilly is suffering from postpartum psychosis, just as her mother did?

Or is something even worse at hand? A danger so grave that she would leave her longed-for daughter to escape it…

A twisty, emotional tale of dark pasts and even darker secrets – perfect for fans of Adele Parks and Heidi Perks.

‘Deliciously twisted’ Red
‘Addictive’ Stylist...

EDITION Ebook
PRICE A$9.99 (AUD)

Great book! This is the second book I’ve read by Caroline Corcoran and it did not disappoint! Rich, complex characters drive the story of a woman who disappears after giving birth to her daughter, leaving her husband to care for their daughter. Surrounded by close friends and his wife’s sister, he struggles with caring for the newborn and searching for his wife. Why did she leave? What does her best friend know, her sister, his best friend? What does he know? Told from alternating points of view, the tale unfolds. A slow burn to a satisfying ending.

I really enjoyed this book, it was twisty suspenseful and full of tension. I didnt know who to believe and it was so unpredictable that I didnt see the twists coming. The characters were all well written and believeable and it was a good storyline. I was hooked.

My first book read by Caroline Corcoran was The Baby Group back in 2020. Which I totally got into. I was so excited to see a new novel by this author. I personally thought this was an intriguing and interesting novel Romilly, our main character was really well drawn and developed. I couldn't help but fell bad for her I wanted to jump inside the story and help her. The chapters are short and snappy which made the plot move along at a great pace and made getting to know the characters really easy. The flow of the story was intense, it had me gripped right from the start.  This story completely blew me away! Incredible... with so much depth and a mystery worth diving in to on every level! A page turner, it kept me guessing until the very end! I loved the description and detail in Caroline's writing. Such a compelling and gripping thriller, which kept you wanting more and such a page turner such a great book! Very well written psychological thriller that had me gripped from start to finish. I can’t wait to read more from this author. Avon and NetGalley Thank You for providing me with an eARC for an honest review! I will post and tag on all my platforms closer to pub date!

He said...she said...believe what we will. This book was spellbinding at times...other times, the story moved slowly. The writer is an excellent story teller. Wait a minute. This book makes one believe it is nonfiction. THat is how great it is. This book was sent to me electronically by Netgalley for review. I didn’t want to put it down. Red herrings...believable characters...I believed the lies and that is something I usually catch right away. The ending...just read it and see.

I adore this author. I was so excited to see this book I squealed. This is my new favourite (I say this with every new book). This is completely engaging and will capture your attention from the very beginning. I have been constantly trying to guess where this was going but have been unsuccessful. This is a fantastic read and I have no doubt will be a bestseller.

I received an advanced reader’s copy in exchange for an honest review I loved this one. Very fast paced, had me turning pages as I tore through it – I had to see how it would end. The characters were well rounded and the narrative felt believable. Gave me chills. Solid five

10./10! Let's just start with the good news. And guess what? It's ALL good news! I recently barely slogged thru two disappointing books by NYT best selling authors, and so I was overjoyed to start Five Days Missing, and in the midst of Christmas Holidays, put off all I was able to, and whip thru this thriller and had me SHE DID IT, HE DID IT, SHE'S CRAZY, THEY BOTH ARE CRAZY. Wait, WHAT (in a wonderful way!). All the characters were well written, with believable forward faces and hidden faces. It possibly could have been tighter? Or perhaps I'm just impatient because I sped read the last four chapters at four a.m. (thinking I'd be able to get back to sleep if I read a little -HAHAHA). Great job to Ms. Corcoran. Thanks so much for allowing me the opportunity to read this ARC!

I found this book really enjoyable, full of twists and tastefully played on the postpartum psychosis or something else theme. The thrilling nature of the book kept me guessing throughout

This was really good! What’s the deal with Romilly? Is her story real or just her mind playing tricks on her? A line I love - when Loll is talking to her super stupid mother: “Her voice roll its eyes.” Great portrayal of friendship and family in a very emotional time. An author I will watch for!

Five Days Missing was a very good psychological thriller. What would make a mother disappear and leave her newborn baby moments after giving birth, and not telling her husband and family. This book kept me guessing and I couldn’t put it down. Thanks to Netgalley for my arc.

Absolutely loved this! Great characters, great storyline and plenty of twists, what more could you want? Romilly and Marc have just had their baby, but instead of being in a happy bubble their worlds change in a second! Marc realises that Romilly is missing, but the baby is still there and explains she is at risk from Post Partum pyschosis, they need to find her and fast! I'd highly recommend this book, it's a great read.

Absolutely flew through this book. The characters are so realistic an we'll written without being predictable or cliche. The plot had me guessing the whole way through. I love that it just when you think you cab out it aside and get some sleep...... it will literally just hook you again and again and again and have you up all night until you finish! Such an enjoyable read

Thanks Netgalley and the Publisher. I really enjoyed this thriller and had me guessing all the way through. Great storyline and would recommend to others.

A chilling tense unputdownable read.This author always draws me in her characters come alive I stayed up late racing through the pages.So twisted I could not figure out what the truth was.Highly recommend this author and all her books this one top of my list.#netgalley #avonbooksuk

This is my second book by Caroline Corcoran, I really enjoyed The Baby Group and this one didn't disappoint either. It was quite the page turner and a lot of chapters ended on a bit of a cliffhanger so I couldn't stop reading. I found it very intense and absolutely absorbing. I didn't like that it was a tad repetitive with the postpartum psychosis questioning and there was a tad too much back and forth with the internal dialogue...that got to be a bit much...but otherwise a near perfect domestic suspense that I read in one sitting, had a couple surprising twists I didn't see coming and I loved the ending of it too.

This ARC was provided to me via Kindle by Avon Books UK and #NetGalley for my honest opinion. Opinions expressed are completely my own. Fast paced page turner, enjoyable, full of suspenseful moments, twist and turns.