The Negativity Remedy

Unlocking More Joy, Less Stress, and Better Relationships through Kindness

Pub Date 01 Sep 2020 | Archive Date 23 Oct 2020

Talking about this book? Use #TheNegativityRemedy #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

We're all pretty nice people, right? It's just that occasionally we're tempted to gossip or indulge in a little justified road rage . . . or snap at our spouse . . . maybe scream at our kids . . . I mean, if everyone else would get with the program, we wouldn't be this way!

But maybe the trouble isn't with all those other people who aggravate us. Maybe we're the problem--specifically, the way we react to inconveniences, accidents, and just plain old everyday life with negative words, thoughts, and actions. Because the truth is, when we stop focusing on how we're being affected and start responding in kind ways, that's when something remarkable happens: we actually feel happier ourselves.

With humor, compassion, and encouragement, Nicole Phillips draws on scientific research and real-life examples to help us recognize unhelpful negative thought patterns, show kindness toward others even when we don't feel like it, and discover how one little change actually changes everything.