Gravity

Pub Date 15 Jul 2020 | Archive Date 31 Oct 2020

Talking about this book? Use #Gravity #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

After being shunned by her Middle Eastern family, medical assistant Leila Solomon struggles to build a life for herself and her child. Landscape photographer Aiden Stone built a career seeing what others miss, and the second he meets Leila, he is drawn to her unassuming beauty and fragile strength.

Leila cannot defy the gravitational forces pulling her toward Aiden and to the family who cast her out. To build a future with Aiden, she must face the past but is she strong enough to resist being pulled back into the family fold?

EDITION Ebook

Links

Leila Solomon is a single mother to Mia, a three year old girl. She is estranged from her Middle Eastern family. She lives in Florida with her friend Deena and works with a doctor at his practice. Aiden is a photographer, father of AJ, a six year old boy with down syndrome. They meet at the doctors office, and instantly become attracted. Suddenly, both exes make appearances and everything gets complicated. Will they be able to move forward? This is a book with a very interesting approach to the Middle Eastern immigrant culture and the issues their members have while blending into the West culture, and trying to keep their heritage alive. Thank you Netgalley for the chance to read this book in exchange for an honest review.

This is the first book that I have read by Mona Sedrak but definitely not the last as it was so well written about difficult situations and how to eventually overcome them to get that happy ending. Leila and Aiden story takes you on a journey of life and what you have to do to be together even though you have to go through so much it is worth it in the end. I loved there chemistry and connection between them and I had to keep turning the page's to see what would happen next. I definitely recommend you read this book and you will not be disappointed.

Gravity is about several men and women who endured difficult childhoods and whose trauma lingered into adulthood, but who were determined to do better, especially for their children. The struggle was often hard and confusing, but each character refused to give in to defeat. Sedrak created strong characters and a realistic story line for today's world. It is not always a "happy" read, but it is always an encouraging one. Worth the read, especially for someone who can relate to finding courage, and love in a less than perfect situation.

I received a copy of this book to review from Netgalley. Thank you for the opportunity. This book is multilayered and rich. It explores individuals with traumatic backgrounds and their journeys as well as a love story. Not only of romantic love but of friendship and children. I really liked how this book centred on Leila, a middle Eastern woman, not least because we have the same name! The author sensitively explored Leila's background and how it impacted her future without falling into the trap of making her a stereotype which I applaud. However, I felt the writing was a bit airy at times with the inclusion of some much descriptors and metaphors of the characters feelings and background, clouding the story and creating confusion. It took a while to get into the story and I still found myself zoning out at times with the extensive flowery language that did not add much to the story. On the whole a good book.