On The Verge

Pub Date 27 Aug 2020 | Archive Date 17 Sep 2020

Talking about this book? Use #OnTheVerge #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

The book is a color illustrated single-panel comic book with a bent toward the irrational and absurd. Each panel combines the three pillars of satire: humor, irony, and hyperbole.

Many of the panels expose improbable events and surreal situations with an anthropomorphic slanted world view. Each panel's characters represent what can happen when behavior gets out of hand or goes too far, all with a heavy dose of exaggeration.

Many of the panels...

PRICE

This should be interesting... I rarely laugh at anything, especially books and I've never read a graphic novel in my life, so this should be an interesting experiment! As predicted, not even a glimmer of a smile, let alone laughter. I've no doubt that some people might enjoy this book and laugh out loud at it, but it didn't float my boat at all unfortunately. The only reason I'm giving it 5 stars is because every book I review starts off with 5 stars and it wouldn't be fair to knock off a star just because it didn't tickle my funny-bone. If your humour is tickled easily and you want a quick read that takes under an hour from start to finish, then you might enjoy this book more than me, it's just not my kinda thing though, unfortunately. Sorry.