Talking about this book? Be sure to tag it using #WintersOrbit #NetGalley
A Sunday Times Bestseller!
“Sparks fly” (NPR) in Everina Maxwell’s gut-wrenching and romantic space opera debut.
Prince Kiem, a famously disappointing minor royal and the Emperor's least favorite grandchild, has been called upon to be useful for once. He's commanded to fulfill an obligation of marriage to the representative of the Empire's newest and most rebellious vassal planet. His future husband, Count Jainan, is a widower and murder suspect.
Neither wants to be wed, but with a conspiracy unfolding around them and the fate of the empire at stake they will have to navigate the thorns and barbs of court intrigue, the machinations of war, and the long shadows of Jainan's past, and they'll have to do it together.
So begins a legendary love story amid the stars.
Like Ancillary Justice meets Red, White and Royal Blue, Winter’s Orbit is perfect for fans of Lois McMaster Bujold.
“High-pitched noises escaped me; I shouted, more than once, 'Now kiss!' ... in a world so relentlessly uncertain, there’s a powerfully simple pleasure in the experience of a promise kept.” —The New York Times Book Review
- National print and online publicity campaign
- National print and online consumer advertising campaign including Wattpad, Goodreads, The Mary Sue, Den of Geek, and Bustle
- Prepublication trade and consumer buzz campaign, including early reader review programs, trade and consumer ads, social media blitz, Shelf Awareness and NetGalley promotions
- Extensive ARC outreach to industry big mouths, indie booksellers, and media
- IndieNext campaign
- Digital preview
- Featured title at New York Comic-Con
- Extensive digital marketing campaign featuring quote cards, trope cards, author interviews, guest posts and videos, group AMAs, and sweepstakes
- Influencer marketing campaign
- Fanfiction reader outreach and engagement campaign
- Featured in the ongoing Tor 2021 debut campaign featuring group AMAs, Debuts After Dark, interviews, and video content
- LGBTQ reader outreach
- Tor.com promotions including excerpts and review