Hello, Habits

A Minimalist’s Guide to a Better Life

Narrated by Brian Nishii

Pub Date 05 Jan 2021 | Archive Date 24 Feb 2021

Talking about this book? Use #HelloHabits #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

The internationally bestselling author of Goodbye, Things shares insights and practices to help us embrace habits and become the best versions of ourselves.

Fumio Sasaki changed his life when he became a minimalist. But before minimalism could really stick, he had to make it a habit. All of us live our lives based on the habits we’ve formed, from when we get up in the morning to what we eat and drink to how likely we are to actually make it to the gym. In Hello, Habits, Sasaki explains how we can acquire the new habits that we want—and get rid of the ones that don’t do us any good.

Drawing on leading theories and tips about the science of habit formation from cognitive psychology, neuroscience, and sociology, along with examples from popular culture and tried-and-tested techniques from his own life, he unravels common misperceptions about “willpower” and “talent,” and offers a step-by-step guide to success. Ultimately, Sasaki shows how ordinary people like himself can use his principles of good habit-making to improve themselves and change their lives.

Fumio Sasaki changed his life when he...

A Note From the Publisher

Fumio Sasaki is a Japanese author, editor, and minimalist. He is the former coeditor in chief of Japan’s Wani Books, and cofounder of the website Minimal & ism. He currently lives in the Philippines.

Advance Praise

"Offers a methodology for developing helpful, healthful habits in this handy guide.... Readers who find establishing a routine frustrating will love Sasaki’s methods."

― Publishers Weekly

― Publishers Weekly

EDITION Audiobook, Unabridged
ISBN 9781665021906
DURATION 7 Hours, 21 Minutes, 32 Seconds

NetGalley Shelf App (AUDIO)