Talking about this book? Be sure to tag it using #KnowingWheretoLook #NetGalley
A collection of stories, essays, and exercises to spark your creative instincts, activate your inner guidance, and enliven your dreams
Have you been called to express yourself with a level of courage and honesty that surprised even you? Did an image or moment cause you such joy that you needed to share it with the world? If so, you know what it means to be inspired.
World-renowned spiritual teacher Light Watkins has spent most of his life learning how to seek out and tap into sources of inspiration. “Inspiration is part inner guidance, part blind faith in a greater possibility, and part inner voice,” he writes, “nudging you to take an action that helps you grow and expand your awareness.” In Knowing Where to Look, Light presents a trove of compelling inspirational material to catalyze positive change and give you fuel to push through self-limiting beliefs.
Through 108 diverse essays, anecdotes, and parables, Light provides doorways to inspired thinking and imagination. Prompts offer reflection questions and action steps for further bringing your inspiration to life. Here you will also discover:
• Recognizing the opposite of inspiration: the inner critic and its demands for safety
• The joys and challenges of living minimally in a consumer society
• How to listen for the intuitive whisper of true inspiration
• Why the best action you can take when you’re creatively lost is to keep moving
• How to grapple with fear when it stands in the way of your dreams
• Why following your inspiration will often remove you from your comfort zone
• Questions to ask yourself in order to recognize your blind spots
• How to reorient your attitudes toward the concept of success
• Embracing whimsy and small moments of chaos as allies
• Why the process of achieving mastery is far from straightforward
Rather than being a linear set of exercises, Knowing Where to Look is meant to provide the spark you need just as you need it. Open to any page at random, and discover an unexpected source of inspiration.
“I have absolutely loved Light’s daily doses of inspiration and still look forward to reading them everyday.” ―Sarah Cooper, comedian
“I read just one of the doses, and couldn’t put it down. Truly inspirational!” ―Leon Logothetis, host of The Kindness Diaries
“Let these pocket-sized pearls of wisdom, warmth, and wonder propel you to places of peace and possibility.” ―Ava DuVernay, award-winning filmmaker
“I really enjoy Light’s daily inspiration.” ―Rosario Dawson, actress
“Light’s inspirational, timely stories are profoundly relevant for us all.” ―Elena Brower, bestselling author of Practice You, Art of Attention, and Being You
“In this book, Light offers infinite opportunity to drop in for meaningful reflection and contemplation . . . in a time when we need it most.” ―Adriene Mishler, founder of Yoga with Adriene
“With everything happening in the world today, these doses of inspiration are much needed.” ―Lewis Howes, host of the School of Greatness podcast