The Audacity of Sara Grayson

A Novel

Pub Date 01 Dec 2021 | Archive Date Not set
Meryl Moss Media, Post Hill Press

Talking about this book? Use #TheAudacityofSaraGrayson #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

What happens when the world’s greatest literary icon dies before she finishes the final book in her best-selling series? And what happens when she leaves that book in the hands of her unstable, neurotic daughter, who swears she’s not a real writer?

Sara Grayson is a thirty-two-year-old greeting card writer about to land the toughest assignment of her life. Three weeks after the death of her mother—a world-famous suspense novelist—Sara learns that her mother’s dying wish is for her to write the final book in her bestselling series.

Sara has lived alone with her dog, Gatsby, ever since her husband walked out with their Pro Double Waffle Maker and her last shred of confidence. She can’t fathom writing a book for thirty million fans—not when last week’s big win was resetting the microwave clock.

But in a bold move that surprises even herself, Sara takes it on. Against an impossible deadline and a publisher intent on sabotaging her every move, Sara discovers that stepping into her mother’s shoes means stumbling on family secrets she was never meant to find—secrets that threaten her mother’s legacy and the very book she’s trying to create.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR:

JOANI ELLIOTT believes in the magic of stories, a good cup of tea, and the power of living a creative life. She has taught writing at the University of Maryland and Brigham Young University. She lives with her husband and two daughters near Salt Lake City, Utah. For book club resources, virtual author chats, and more, visit joanielliott.com.

Advance Praise

From the moment I began this debut novel, I knew I was in for a treat. I was drawn into Joani Elliot’s well-crafted themes:  the mother/daughter bond, loyalty, fame versus truth, and the price of real love. The Audacity of Sara Grayson is a rich tale— a story within a story— with dramatic twists at every turn. A compelling read!
  – Susannah Marren, author, A Palm Beach Wife and A Palm Beach Scandal

From the moment I began this debut novel, I knew I was in for a treat. I was drawn into Joani Elliot’s well-crafted themes: the mother/daughter bond, loyalty, fame versus truth, and the price of...

Send To Kindle (PDF)