Creatures of Habit

Breaking the Habits Holding You Back from God's Best

Pub Date 18 May 2021 | Archive Date 18 Jan 2022
Nelson Books, Thomas Nelson

Talking about this book? Use #CreaturesofHabit #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Beloved pastor Steve Poe helps Christians identify and break free from the destructive patterns that are keeping them from the joy-filled, flourishing life Jesus promised.

We all have both good and bad habits in our life. Creatures of Habit reveals how to remove bad habits and replace them with godly ones. But it's not a matter of working hard, of "pulling ourselves up by our bootstraps." That approach simply doesn't work. True transformation is God's work--our job is to listen, obey, and put into practice what he's already directing us to do.

Steve Poe has pastored large, growing churches for more than thirty-four years, and during that time he has counseled hundreds of people. He's seen that poor choices often become bad habits that in turn cause people a lot of problems. Hundreds of things can become a bad habit in our lives, but Poe focuses on the most common, among them:

anger,lust,worry,cynicism,pride,self-centeredness, andgreed.

Each chapter provides insights, biblical examples, and tangible tools that will help you break the bad habits that can become spiritual strongholds in your life.

We all have both good and...

Send To Kindle (PDF)