Willie Nelson's Letters to America
by Willie Nelson
This title was previously available on NetGalley and is now archived.
Send NetGalley books directly to your Kindle or Kindle app
To read on a Kindle or Kindle app, please add firstname.lastname@example.org as an approved email address to receive files in your Amazon account. Click here for step-by-step instructions.
Also find your Kindle email address within your Amazon account, and enter it here.
Pub Date 29 Jun 2021 | Archive Date 06 Dec 2022
An intimate collection of fond memories, personal letters, good songs, and bad jokes from a true American legend.
"This is your old friend, Willie, sending a note to see how you're doing and to say I'm doing fine."
In this series of short letters straight from the heart, Willie sends his thanks and his thoughts to everyone from his family, his fellow musicians, his heroes, and his guitar "Trigger."
These letters, written in the straight-shooting, heart-rending, and profound style of his songs are a lyrical homage to all Americans—past, present, and future. From his opening letter "Dear America" to his epilogue, Willie digs deep into his heart and soul—and his music—to lift us up in difficult times, and to remind us of the endless promise and continuous obligations to ourselves, to one another, and to our nation.
These pages are also filled with the moving lyrics to some of his most famous and insightful songs, including "Let Me Be a Man," "Family Bible," "Summer of Roses," "Me and Paul," "A Horse called Music," "Healing Hands of Time," and "Yesterday's Wine."
Willie Nelson's Letters to America is perfect for:
- Musicians and fans of country, bluegrass, and folk music.
- Fans of Willie’s bestselling memoir, It’s A Long Story.
- Anyone looking for some simple and timeless wisdom and tasteful humor.
All Americans: who need to be reminded that "when the going gets tough, the tough needs a little inspiration to get going."
- Promotional support available through Willie Nelson’s 600K+ Instagram followers and 5M+ Facebook followers
- Aggressive endorsement campaign driven by influencers in music, politics, media, film, and TV
- Exclusive virtual events planned to support preorder campaigns
- Event promotions planned for music festivals such as SXSW, Austin City Limits, and CMA Fest
- Marketing content includes audio readings from Willie Nelson, videos, dedicated landing page, and sample letters
- Advertising planned for social media
Average rating from 52 members
Willie gave me exactly what I expected. He believes in kindness. He believes in treating the world and people with respect. He believes in living in positivity. He believes in love. His jokes are bad. I had the privilege of seeing him live in Perth Australia, either in 1980 or 81. No one there really knew who he was so I ended up going alone. He was the reason I ended ip in Oz, working on a farm. To this day, I’m thankful that Willie‘s music was a part of my young adulthood, and now my elderly adulthood. This book will not surprise you. The man you see in public is the man you see in this book. Thanks to NetGalley and publisher for the ARC.
Readers who liked this book also liked:
Margaret Millar; Ed McBain; Chester Himes; Patricia Highsmith
Mystery & Thrillers