Reunion on Edisto

Pub Date 02 Apr 2021 | Archive Date 06 Oct 2021
BelleBooks, Inc., Bell Bridge Books

Talking about this book? Use #ReuniononEdisto #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

The Edisto Island Mysteries Series, Book 7

Planning a reunion is going to get someone killed. . .

Edisto Beach Police Chief Callie Morgan has no desire to relive her senior year and the nightmare of a murder and a suicide that shook her high school to its core. But when the reunion committee convenes on Edisto Beach for a planning retreat, she has no choice. Every person on the committee could be a suspect in the unsolved murder, and one classmate, now a bestselling author, threatens to weave them into a tell-all true crime novel.

Until she disappears the first night of the committee retreat.

Callie must sort fact from fiction in a race against the clock to find a cold case murderer who may have just killed again.

The Edisto Island Mysteries Series, Book 7

Planning a reunion is going to get someone killed. . .

EDITION Ebook

Another engrossing and entertaining story in this series. I thoroughly enjoyed it as it's engrossing and entertaining. I was happy to catch up with the characters and the story kept me reading. Recommended. Many thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for this ARC, all opinions are mine

Reunion on Edisto is a very well written suspense. A very good plot and great character dynamics. Loved the setting. I highly recommend this book.

Reunion on Edisto is the new book from C. Hope Clark. "Former high school classmates get together on Edisto Island to plan the next high school reunion. One of the classmates, JJ, now a famous author hijacks the conversation and blames everyone for being involved with the murder of their classmate, Wendy, during a football game their senior year. When JJ disappears, Police Chief Callie Morgan now must find the missing woman and try to solve a very old cold case." I like how Clark finds a way to bring up a cold case that no one wants to see again but finds justice for the murdered girl and the boy who was accused. There are stereotypes but if you have ever visited the Low Country of SC you have run across people like Georgia, whose families took a chance on an island cabin and now have million-dollar properties. The story is addictive. Chief Morgan (Callie) is still fighting her demons and struggling not to turn into her high school self. And Clark makes us question what's really happening. Is there a missing person? Who really killed Wendy? And she gives us a character that everyone will despise - we all have a Butch in our background This is the 2nd book I've read from Clark. It's great to have some crime fiction set in the Low Country. This is a fast-paced read from Clark.