The Night Always Comes

Pub Date 03 Jun 2021 | Archive Date 03 Aug 2021

Talking about this book? Use #TheNightAlwaysComes #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

'Remarkable.' Rene Denfeld

Between looking after her brother, working two low-paid jobs, and trying to take part-time college classes, Lynette is dangerously tired. Every penny she's earned for years, she's put into savings, trying to scrape together enough to take out a mortgage on the house she rents with her mother. Finally becoming a homeowner in their rapidly gentrifying Portland neighbourhood could offer Lynette the kind of freedoms she's never had. But, when the plan is derailed, Lynette must embark on a desperate odyssey of hope and anguish.

Written with all Willy Vlautin's characteristic and heart-wrenching empathy, The Night Always Comes holds up a mirror to a society which leaves too many people only a step away from falling between the cracks.

What readers are saying:
'Amazing . . . Vlautin hit the nail on the head with this. I could not stop thinking about the characters and where the story would take them.'

'WOW. This book hit me hard . . . I was on the edge of my seat.'

'The book pulls you into the story and you can't wait to find out what happens next.'

'Fabulous . . . part suspenseful action and part deep character study.'

Advance Praise

Reader Reviews:

'WOW. This book hit me hard . . . I was on the edge of my seat.'

'The book pulls you into the story and you can’t wait to find out what happens next.'

'Fabulous . . . part suspenseful action and part deep character study.'

Reader Reviews: