For the Love of April French

An LGBTQ Romance

Pub Date 31 Aug 2021 | Archive Date 30 Sep 2021

Talking about this book? Use #FortheLoveofAprilFrench #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

An Entertainment Weekly Best Romance of Summer 2021!

“This book gave me every last one of the Intense Romance Feelings I crave.” —New York Times bestselling author Talia Hibbert

April French doesn't do relationships and she never asks for more.

A long-standing regular at kink club Frankie's, she's kind of seen it all. As a trans woman, she’s used to being the scenic rest stop for others on their way to a happily-ever-after. She knows how desire works, and she keeps hers carefully boxed up to take out on weekends only.

After all, you can't be let down if you never ask.

Then Dennis Martin walks into Frankie's, fresh from Seattle and looking a little lost. April just meant to be friendly, but one flirtatious drink turns into one hot night.

When Dennis asks for her number, she gives it to him.

When he asks for her trust, well…that's a little harder.

And when the desire she thought she had such a firm grip on comes alive with Dennis, April finds herself wanting passion, purpose and commitment.

But when their relationship moves from complicated to impossible, April will have to decide how much she's willing to want.

Carina Adores is home to highly romantic contemporary love stories where LGBTQ+ characters find their happily-ever-afters. Discover a new Carina Adores book every month!
An Entertainment Weekly Best Romance of Summer 2021!

April French doesn't do...

PRICE CA$17.99 (CAD)

Wow, I loved this. Probably one of the sweetest BDSM romances I’ve read. Amazing representation with a trans woman and Black man as the lead couple. I just adored how they both learned and grew with each other. The portrayals of kink is so positive and I loved how safe words were used in such realistic ways. Plus on page therapy! Dennis’s care and support was so lovely and April is so strong and smart, yet insecure. Such an engaging and emotional story-literally could not put it down. Thank you Carina Press and NetGalley for the ARC!

oh my god! this novel is beautiful, sexy, heartfelt, and everything i was looking for when i opened this book. i'm not a huge reader of romances, but seeing this book in an anticipated books list, and then seeing it not only contained a trans protagonist, but also was written by a trans woman? sign me up! reading the book, the characters are written very well; their struggles are incredibly realistic, as are the ways that they deal with said struggles. those of april resonated with me most, being a trans woman myself, and several things she thinks in this book are things i've told myself at one point or another. aimes does a great job of making you root for the couple. the sex scenes in this book are absolutely wonderful. i've never seen such active consent or actual safe practices used on-the-page like this. they're also incredibly hot, for what it's worth! the relationship in this book IS a bdsm relationship, so if that's something that's a no for you, be warned! thank you to netgalley and harlequin carina for providing this ARC!