The Good Germ Hotel

Meet Your Body's Marvelous Microbes

Pub Date 30 Mar 2021 | Archive Date 29 Jul 2021
Publisher Spotlight, What on Earth Books

Talking about this book? Use #TheGoodGermHotel #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

In a world of COVID-19, bad germs and bacteria are all around us. But, not all germs are bad!

Check in to The Good Germ Hotel to learn about all the good germs and bacteria superheroes that live inside the human body. These amazing microbes fight viruses, digest food, and keep us healthy and happy.

Did you know that your body is full of bacteria? And that most of it is good bacteria that helps to keep you healthy? Well, now's your chance to get up close and personal with the microorganisms that live inside all of us. Travel through the body with our gut bacteria guide, stopping off to meet the other amazing microbe residents along the way.

In today's pandemic climate, bad germs and bacteria are the subject of many conversations. This book helps kids learn that not all bacteria are bad and introduces them to all the good germs in the body that help us fight viruses and infections. The dialogue around good gut health has also been gaining traction in recent years, so The Good Germ Hotel is the perfect place to visit to get to know your gut microbiota.

This book is a great way to introduce kids aged 6+ to all the wonderful good germs that keep us healthy!

Advance Praise

This title covers everything readers need to know about how germs and microbes work in the body ... The narrative uses a question-and-answer format, which helps organize the information into manageable sections. A glossary, an index, and selected sources are included. VERDICT A good purchase for -elementary collections where stories about body science are popular and/or needed." - Molly Dettmann, School Library Journal

This was a fun and educational story about the bacteria and microbes inside each of us! - Stephanie Tournas, Youth Services Book Review

A welcome, kid-friendly addition to the growing selection of popular science on the microbiome. - Kirkus Reviews

ISBN 9781913750169
PRICE CA$24.50 (CAD)

Send To Kindle (PDF)

This a fun and very informative book about bacteria in your body.It is a picture book. It was detailed yet easy for kids to understand. It refers to the body as a hotel and the bacteria as inhabitants. It mostly shows digestion and the process of that.