Self-Care for Grief

100 Practices for Healing During Times of Loss

Pub Date 03 Aug 2021 | Archive Date 03 Sep 2021

Process your grief, protect your mental health, and find moments of happiness with these 100 self-care activities specifically designed for difficult and distressing situations.

When faced with loss or trauma, the grief can oftentimes feel overwhelming. It can feel difficult, if not impossible, to focus your attention elsewhere. And yet, during hard times is the perfect time to look inwards for support and practice self-care. Tuning in to your personal needs and taking the time to create a thoughtful self-care practice can make all the difference in moving forward in a healthy way.

In Self-Care for Grief, you’ll find 100 self-care activities that are specifically designed to help you protect your mental health, even while grieving.

You’ll find useful activities like:
-Cooking to honor your loss
-Practicing saying “No”
-Naming your emotions
-And many more

No matter what the circumstances are, Self-Care for Grief has the activities you need to de-stress, stay calm, and even find moments of joy in the most challenging of times.

When faced with loss...

Send To Kindle (PDF)

I found this beautiful book to be very, very helpful in my own grief journey this year. The author gives excellent background information about what grief is exactly and how it affects us in many different ways, and most importantly she gives us permission to make the journey our own. Also included are many, many good and useful suggestions for caring for ourselves during a grief journey, and these include activities for our physical, mental,emotional, and spiritual health. I found the Resources section at the back of the book useful as well as the thorough index. Thanks to NetGalley, the author and publisher for an advanced reading copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.