Alternatural

Pub Date 11 May 2021 | Archive Date 20 Jun 2021

Talking about this book? Use #Alternatural #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

In a tale of blood and spellwork, Maya, lawyer by trade, witch by passion, comes back to her hometown, now a bustling city full of dangers and opportunities.

Hunted down by unknown assailants, she'll need to outwit and overpower her enemies while reconciliating herself with her strange past.

Hunted down by unknown assailants, she'll...

EDITION Ebook
PRICE

Alternatural - Tobias Gavran 4/5 When I saw this book I was intrigued simply by the cover. And wow the cover lived up. My favorite aspect of this book is definitely the magic system. This world uses blood and bones for their magic, something I’m always a fan of. I also think this book did an amazing job of making it feel like a realistic depiction of what our world would be like if we finally discovered magic (and it’s not all good. I mean magical crime lords? That feels realistic to me.) The only reason this wasn’t a 5 star read for me is because I wanted MORE from the book. I think this could have easily been a 500 page book with a more developed magic system and plot. Overall, this was a really good quick read and I highly recommend it. Disclaimer: I was given a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I found this book really intriguing and a very quick read. I loved the whole magic aspect and I think that the author wrote and described that element very well, I also really liked the thought of what our world would be with the discovery of magic and let me tell you it makes Hogwarts look like kindergarten. Overall, this book was well written and enjoyable, my one criticism is that I would have liked more depth and more backstory and possibly more in terms of exploring the magic development. Still highly recommend though.