The Meeting Point

The 2021 romcom you won't want to miss!

Pub Date 02 Sep 2021 | Archive Date 30 Sep 2021

Talking about this book? Use #TheMeetingPoint #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

'An Unputdownable Romance! Wow oh wow one thing is for sure this book NEEDS to be made into a film! ... I was totally swept away ... Truly is a feel-good, heartfelt, inspiring and heart-warming ... Once I started reading I couldn't put it down!' Goodreads Reviewer, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

'Who are you and why do you have my boyfriend's phone?'

'He left it in my car. You must be the blonde in the red dress? I'm the Lift driver who dropped you two off earlier.'

And with these words, the life of the brunette and t-shirt wearing Maya Maas is turned upside down. Having planned to surprise her boyfriend, she finds herself single and stranded in an unknown city on her birthday.

So when the mystery driver rescues Maya with the suggestion that she cheers herself up at a nearby beach town, she jumps at the chance to get things back on track. She wasn't expecting a personalised itinerary or the easy companionship that comes from opening up to a stranger via text, let alone the possibility it might grow into something more...

Come on this 5* journey to love, laughter and back again, perfect for fans of Mhairi McFarlane, Josie Silver and Sally Thorne.

Readers love The Meeting Point!

'Fun, feel-good read. I breezed through this in one sitting ... The romance had me swooning and I couldn't stop smiling. Need to find my own rideshare now :)' NetGalley Reviewer, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

'My god, how I love this book! ... A must read ... Obviously, a big, fat, shiny ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ from me!' The Artsy Reader, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

'YA'LL!!!!! This was one of the most unique written plots I have ever experienced in my life! The Meeting Point had me in all my feels and even made my eyes leak! Ah-Mazing! ... This is a book you do NOT want to miss!' @the_kentucky_fried_bibliophile,⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

'Kept me up until 2am even though I worked the next day because I simply couldn't put it down' NetGalley reviewer, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

'Truly perfect and totally made my days better ... Recommend this book to everyone! :)' Love My Shelf, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

'Freaking loved this book! It was such a comfort read for me! I could not put it down until I had read every word! It had such 90s-early 2000s rom-com movie energy and I was sold! ... I loved it all ... I will always have this on my shelf and come back to it time and time again' @kelleyleigh20, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

'I was hooked from the first page and didn't want it to end! You will love this book! Definitely recommend!' NetGalley reviewer, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

'Had a hard time putting it down ... I loved the ending! ... I can't wait to read more books by this author in the future!' Goodreads reviewer, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

'Wow ... I don't remember how long it has been since I have been so vested in a book within the first few pages ... Absolutely charming ... This book is a big win' A Devine Read, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

'Just glorious ... This was like a balm to my soul ... Ahhh I honestly loved every second of this book! It's cute and so romantic ... I just need like a sequel and then another one please! ... Just easily one of my favourite romance books I've read! I think everyone who enjoys a love story needs to read this ❤' NetGalley Reviewer, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

'My new book in which I will compare all other romances against. This was absolutely the cutest story and perfect summer read ... I found myself smiling throughout this book, I just loved it' @page_chapter_book, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

EDITION Ebook
PRICE A$1.99 (AUD)

I read this as part of a book tour and I am so glad I signed up!! This book was my biggest feel good read of the year so far. I am not a hugely romantic person but this read left me wanting to give everything up and find my own adventure. The characters were seriously loveable and I want each and everyone of them in my lives. If I could have jumped into the pages and been a part of their make shift family, I would have done so without hesitation. A heart warming story from start to finish. I can't wait to hear more from this author. I will be publishing my review on my Instagram for my day on the blog tour.

I absolutely adored this book! It hooked me from the start. Maya tries to surprise her boyfriend, but ends up finding out he’s cheating on her. But then, the driver who has his phone tells her what to do, so she can still manage to have a good birthday. But the day end up going better than she imagined. This book was so good. I loved these characters. Maya is a strong character, and ends up packing up and trying to find her happily ever after.. She’s been hurt, but still believes in love and finding her love story. Ethan, you start out not liking him. As he seems like he’s not a nice character. But, as the story goes on, you end up falling for him. This book was so beautifully written, and I’ll definitely be reading the others previous book. Definitely recommend.. A fast read. And very entertaining.

THE MEETING POINT follows Maya Maas. What better way to spend your birthday than to surprise your long-term, long distance boyfriend with a visit? What Maya doesn’t expect is a stranger to text her off of her boyfriends lost phone. Maya is left crying in the airport after her boyfriends Lyft drivers reveals to her that her boyfriend has been cheating on her. To cheer her up, the stranger helps Maya plan a day full of fun adventures and the two have a connection over text that Maya never could have dreamed of. - This book was exactly what I needed right now. Fast paced, fun and romantic! I loved both Maya and her mystery man “Max.” I love books about anonymous texting-relationships, and this one was especially good. Their chemistry had me grinning throughout the entire book. I actually finished this book in one day because I used every spare moment I had to read. I was completely hooked— this story and these characters are going to stay with me. I’d love to read anything else Lara has written and will write! - 4.5/5 stars, THE MEETING POINT by Olivia Lara is available September 2, 2021! - Thank you to Netgalley and Aria & Aries for sending me an eARC to review!

I loved this book….. I was hooked the very beginning, I was transported with the characters and loved seeing the story unfold, a really intense feel good book. 5 stars from me

Do you want a book that will make you scream IM IN LOVE !! IM IN LOVE 🥰🥰 Well!! you got it. Summary. Maya plans to surprise her boyfriend David by visiting him in san Fransisco but what she ends up finding out hurts and she ends up spending a day texting with a stranger . That day can either be the end or the start of her life. Is it really possible to fall in love with someone you’ve never seen or heard ? Anything’s possible in the land of fiction right? This is a stranger to lovers love story, A journey to evolve yourself in, A getaway to being brave enough to admit and choose what you want. Writing this review isn’t really expressing my real love for this book , I loved each and every part of this book. It’s a book that I will forever recommend to everyone and will never shut up about it It’s my first Olivia Lara’s book and yah she got herself a hardcore fan already Thank you NetGalley for giving me this gem 💜🤍

This was a real light-hearted romance that I finished in a day. The premise was fun: In attempting to surprise her boyfriend in San Francisco, Maya learns that he's cheating on her via his phone he left in the Lyft driver's car. Anonymous driver "Max" helps Maya get over her terrible birthday surprise with a personalized itinerary in a nearby beach town. It's a super cute summer read!

The Meeting point by Olivia Lara a meet cute of a five-star read. This was such a good story overall, it did have moments that I worried I was drifting as it waffled a little, but I am a waffler, so I got it. The overall story though that was amazing. The whole journey that Maya Mass goes on, was tumultuous and at times not a path I would have chosen, but I am a huge romantic so sue me. I loved being swept away with the beach, and the cute little houses, the food descriptions will have you drooling. The journey Maya goes on to find the truth, does have clues along the way, and I was convinced and then I wasn’t, but the ending was so perfect, as there was a tiny if only. But the ending was just so sublime.

Simply amazing!!! I figured Max out early on, but still loved the story!!! This was a quick and enjoyable read! Great characters and good depiction of how we go back and forth in new relationships and situations!!

This story was amazing! I just finished and I’m laying here with a full heart. Even though the twist can be seen from a million miles away I really enjoyed this book. The love, chemistry, friendships and a women taking control of her life. This is a slow burn, no 🔥 but definitely worth picking up when it’s released. Thank you so much for an arc Aria and #netgalley. This is 💯 my honest review.

Loved this book so much!! The characters are beyond well done. They could be people you see everyday. The settings are fully done which makes it super easy to visualize the story as it happens. Amazing book!

Wow! This book is wonderful. Thank you Netgalley for the ARC copy. The story of Maya and Ethan is a cute romance. I loved being back in California visiting one of my favorite places ever - Carmel by the Sea. I was a little concerned that the book had over 80 chapters - but each one was needed for their back story. It’s a feel good romance. I found myself smiling throughout the whole book. Preorder it - it comes out September 2nd. I would give it 5+ stars if I could.

Thank you NetGalley and Aria Fiction for the ARC! This was just the cutest story. The imagery was beautiful to the point where I was Googling all of the locations mentioned in California. I adored aspiring writer, Maya and the mystery Lift driver (no spoilers!). It’s always a plus when I love all of the side characters as well. I think part of the book description says it perfectly well, “What if the Lift driver who finds your cheating boyfriend’s phone holds the directions to true love?” This would also be amazing as a movie. It was such a lovely read, I’m off to buy Olivia’s Lara’s other book! This will be an especially good read to those who are writers, but also those of us that believe in love. Five stars.

I could NOT put this down. This is such a sweet, unexpected love story! I loved every second- such an original story! Maya plans a surprise for her bf, only to find out his “business” trip is anything but. After her bf forgets his phone in a Lift, Maya finds out the truth and the driver tries to turn her day around by sending her on an adventure for her birthday by texting her directions from the boyfriends phone. What will happen? Will it be love at first text? Thank you @netgalley for providing this early read!

What if the Lift driver who finds your cheating boyfriend's phone holds the directions to true love? After Maya flies to California on her birthday to surprise her boyfriend and finds him cheating, she is left single and stranded in a strange town on her birthday. Instead of flying home, she proceeds to have a one-night texting adventure with Max, the lift driver, who leads her all over Carmel-by-the-sea to cheer her up. Things I love: -the texting adventure- i love the never meeting face-to-face but falling in love trope. I think the author did it so well! -the adventure- also done really well. I felt like i was going along with Maya. -the relationships- i really enjoyed the interactions with Maya, Ethan, and Celine. -Book within a book- usually this doesn't work for me but i was here for it. Things I didn't like: -The predictability- I guess the twist after the first couple of chapters but I don't think that took away from my enjoyment of the story at all. -the cluelessness- I felt like the main character was clueless about who Max was and it was slightly annoying. I guess that was the intention but I just wanted to scream at her sometimes. Thank you NetGalley and Are& Aries for the eARC!

Thank you NetGalley and Aria for providing me with the ARC of The Meeting Point by Olivia Lara. I absolutely loved this book. I thought it was an adorable, fun and romantic filled story. It was a quick and fun read and I found that I didn't want to put it down. Definitely add this book to your list, you won't be disappointed.

I liked this! It wasn’t so amazing that I’d drop everything and read the author’s entire catalog, but I really enjoyed it.

At the moment I am really enjoying gorgeous romantic reads. That sweep me up in the story and take me away to sunny days. This book is wonderful and I loved it.

Great story! I really enjoyed this book. I thought the story was original and even when I thought I had it figured out, the author would give a little more information to make me question what I thought I knew. Maya flies cross country to surprise her boyfriend on her birthday. The surprise is on her when another guy responds to a text she sends to her boyfriend's phone to let him know she arrived. "Max" tells Maya that her boyfriend left his phone in Max's rideshare car, where the boyfriend was making out with another girl. Through texts, Maya spends the day with Max and has so many new experiences. Even thought it happens fast, their feelings grow. Maya ends up going back home with the boyfriend, but about a year later realizes that she needs to find that guy who she fell for through text messages that one day. She sets off on an adventure to find him. I loved the images created by the author when describing the towns and scenery in the story. I also loved the dialogue and relationships between characters. It felt real and not contrived or forced. I was guessing til the end and the story kept my interest all the way though. Wonderful book! Thank you Netgalley for the arc.

Cute, heartfelt and special, The Meeting Point is an adorable read with a original and unique story. Capturing the essence of a perfect day, in a charming and picturesque little town, this book was such a pleasant surprise. The twist might have been obvious, but like Olivia says, although some things in the novel were far-fetched, they didn't take away from the beauty of the story or from hoping the characters would find a way to get past their heartbreaks and fears and just take a chance on each other. 4.5 stars and a day

The Meeting Point drew me in and did not let me go until I had finished it. I’ve got myself into a bit of a habit of starting books in the evening and finishing them the following day. I couldn’t put this down and was desperate to follow the relationships between the characters. This book follows Maya, a journalist and aspiring author, who flies to San Francisco to surprise her long-term boyfriend on her birthday. Except when she gets there, a Lift driver answers her boyfriend’s phone and informs her that he had been cheating on her. Maya then proceeds to have a whirlwind day out directed by the Lift driver from text, who she calls Max. Flash forward a year later and Maya is still thinking about that day and wondering what life would be like if the outcome was different. She goes back to the town she visited in order to find her mystery Max and I was 100% invested in search. However, her search was not that simple as she becomes attached to the town and a certain man living there called Ethan. '"Who knows where life will take me?" Wherever you want it to take you," he said. "You're not a feather in the wind."' I didn’t want this story to end and there were so many cute bits and lots of tension between Maya and Ethan. Whilst it was predictable and I could tell what was going to happen, I still couldn’t stop reading and wanted the characters to realise how they felt. Maya grows during this story and discovers who she is and the path she actually wants to take and I loved it. She was a likable and real character who you couldn’t help rooting for. Celine, the Café owner who takes Maya in, was a great character also, and I loved following her own little romance story. All in all, this book was a great lighthearted romcom and I couldn’t recommend it more! I really enjoyed it and would happily read it again.

I LOVED this book - it had major You’ve Got Mail vibes which is one of my favorite movies of all time. I loved the setting of the book: I really felt like I was in the quaint little town of Carmel and it really had me wishing I was at a California beach! The Meeting Point was a sweet and charming romance that I couldn’t put down! Maya was the main character and you only got her POV which was nice since it helped keep the other persons identity a secret. This was a very clean book and had little to no language in it! This will for sure be one of my favorite books of the year.

Absolutely, insanely sweet. I didn't LOVE all the deception on both sides, but jeez this was just so swoony. This was such a unique story and I couldn't put it down!

The Meeting Point by Olivia Lara had absolutely everything that I'm looking for in a book. It made me smile, it made me anxious and most of all it made my heart beat faster. There were so many things to like in this book: - First and foremost the characters. Even though the female main character couldn't have a more different life than myself, I was able to identify with her and understand where she was coming from. Even though she is guilty of poor judgement from time to time, it was one of her unique traits that made her so lovable. Needless to say, the banter between the main characters was exquisite and witty. It was intelligent and childish at the same time, without being cringey. - The setting. The description of the small town (Carmel) was on point and painted a beautiful picture. You could almost feel the serenity and beauty through the pages. - As a personal preference I love my main characters being writers. I guess it's because of the creativity and the colorful words and thoughts the characters use. - The slow burn. I really appreciated the pace of the story. It was believable at all times and not a forced 'they lived happily ever after even though they know each other for mere seconds'. The only downer would be, that I'm not able to read this fantastic book for the first time again ;) I would totally recommend The Meeting Point and thank NetGalley for giving me the opportunity to discover such a gem.

This book is so good it was like reading something made to become the next Netflix small town drama! I loved the setting of Carmel by the sea and kept finding myself googling the locations. All three of the main characters are likeable and her ex boyfriend is the perfect blend of over confident idiot to make you honestly dislike a fictional character. I loved it. I would definitely recommend this as a summer read or for anyone feeling like they want to up sticks and make some major changes in their life. This book gives you a massive confidence boost. The first NetGalley book I’ve reviewed in a while and I wasn’t disappointed.

The Meeting Point was super cute and better than expected! This story follows Maya, a writer who steps out of her shell after a twist of fate leaves her alone on her birthday in an unfamiliar city. She starts texting with the Lift driver who has her cheating boyfriend's phone, and he leads her on a day of adventure that changes her life. I found this story fun and interesting. It was a little slow to start, but really picks up about a third of the way through and then I couldn't put it down. While Maya starts out hesitant and sheltered, her magical day encourages her to eventually break out of her shell and think differently about herself and her life. I enjoyed Maya's journey and all the supporting characters. My only gripe is I figured out the little mystery of who the Lift driver was fairly soon so I found that more predictable than I would have liked. Otherwise, I thought this was a super cute rom-com and I would definitely recommend it!

First, a big thank you to the publishers at Aria and Netgalley for this e-ARC of The Meeting Point. The Meeting Point! Oh, what to say about this absolutely adorable story! I wanted to be Maya Maas! Maya is an aspiring writer who’s been turned down by more publishers than she can count. Apparently her love stories are too unrealistic. After losing her job (not her fault), she flies out to San Francisco to surprise her long time boyfriend. When she texts him to inform him of her surprise, a Lyft driver responds instead, and inadvertently informs Maya of her boyfriend’s cheating. Devastated and alone in a foreign city, on her birthday no less, Maya is taken on an adventure from afar by the mysterious Lyft driver to Carmel by the Sea. Falling in love slowly through text messages, they arrange to meet at the end of a magical day. What happens next? You’ll have to read to find out! This was such an incredible love story about two strangers falling in love in the most unlikeliest of ways. I loved every second of it. The entire story is told from Maya’s point of view, which was great in my opinion, because it kept the other’s identity a secret that much better. You won’t find lewd scenes or much cursing in this book, which is always nice if that’s something you look to avoid! I highly recommend The Meeting Point if you’re looking for a sweet, unputdownable romance this fall! The Meeting Point releases September 2!

4.5 cute stars. I loved this book. The characters were perfect and I fell in love with Max, Ethan and Maya. I loved the story line and different aspects of it. I’m so excited to read more of this authors books. Super cute. Thank you NetGalley for this advanced copy of this book.

𝐖𝐨𝐰, 𝐈 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝𝐧’𝐭 𝐩𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧! Maya planned to surprise her boyfriend, only to touch down from her flight and find out from his Lift driver that he’s been cheating on her. Now she’s alone, in a city she doesn’t know and to make things worse… it’s her birthday! Not wanting her to spend her birthday alone, the Lift driver plans an adventure but could he hold more than just directions to the nearby town of Carmel by the Sea? I loved this book so much, especially the beginning with the cute text exchanges whilst Maya and ‘Max’ were getting to know each other! Even though I guessed the ending, that didn’t take away from the plot at all and there were even times where I really doubted myself and thought something different was going to happen! The short chapters in this were right up my street too, makes the book much more fast paced and easier to read IMO! Overall, a great read and I can’t wait to recommend this book!

In the course of a day, Maya traveled across the country, found out her boyfriend was cheating on her, and had her day take a complete turnaround...all on what happened to be her birthday. I don’t want to say too much about the plot of this book because I’m afraid to give anything away, and I want readers to be as captivated by and sucked into this story as I was. I could not put it down. It was charming, warm, and a bit mysterious (but not in a spooky way). There were questions to be answered that I was trying to piece together until the very end. When I say this book drew me in, that could be the understatement of the year. I couldn’t get enough. If you enjoy a romantic tale with lots of heart, you won’t want to miss this. Thank you to Netgalley for this ARC. All thoughts and opinions in this review are my own.

“Nothing makes me happier than imagining people are happy. And in love. And living happily ever after.” The Meeting Point by Olivia Lara is exactly what I needed when I stepped back in to contemporary romance and I spent my day reading it. It is adorable and well written. The plot of finding out your partner of 5 years is cheating by him having forgot his phone in a rideshare is a modern version of hearing another woman’s voice on his answering machine. Leading lady Maya is charming with her extreme focus, albeit stalker vibes, on looking for her missed love connection. The storybook setting of Carmel by the Sea is so well described I feel I’ve been there. The only issue I had is at the ending, and I don’t want to spoil it, but who doesn’t check their pockets? 4.5/5 from me. Fans of Jasmine Guillory and Kerry Winfrey will enjoy this! Favorite quote: “Being in love doesn’t make you weak or dependent.”

I could not put this book down! I was so engrossed to know who Max was, and when it hit me, I couldn't wait for Maya to find out! This books is such a heartwarming and fun read. The characters fit together perfectly and the story is gripping! I would recommend this book to any romance novel lover.

Perfect summer read. I finished this in one day! The perfect modern twist on girl meets boy, loses boy and sets out on a quest to find him again.

The Meeting Point is a charming, heartwarming romantic comedy with such a unique premise! When Maya Maas’ plans a trip from New York to California to surprise her longtime boyfriend on his business trip, she’s the one who’s surprised when she learns that he’s been cheating on her - from the car share driver that finds her boyfriend’s lost phone. On her birthday no less. So when the mystery driver offers to give her some travel tips while she’s in an unfamiliar beach town, she takes his advice to distract herself from her heartbreak, not expecting to receive a personalized itinerary or this new virtual companion. But she realizes that maybe she isn’t so broken-hearted after all, because otherwise she wouldn’t so quickly feel so comfortable with the mystery driver she nicknamed Max. After what feels like a magical day together, they make plans to finally meet in person, only to have life intervene. What follows is the story of a woman with a new perspective take control of her life and try to follow her heart. Many thanks to NetGalley and Aria & Aries for the advance reader copy - this was such a delightful read!

The meeting point was a such a sweet story and a fun premise! I felt like this was sort of a fun spin off of You've Got Mail, but had its own unique flair to set it apart! A few things I really loved: - Max's Itinerary (So thoughtful and sweet, and the kind of good we are all looking for in this world.) - The setting! (Carmel by the sea was just lovely!) - The question game If you're a romance reader that prefers your romance plot to be a little more on the chick lit side, I think you'll adore this book! Content: Clean, no language.

* I received a free copy of this through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. * THIS WAS SO CUTE. I loved every bit of it. I stayed up too late to finish reading it because I had to know how it ended. I guessed part of the plot line just under halfway through, but for once, it didn't ruin the story.. it made it even better. I loved the characters - Maya, Ethan, and Celine were my favorites, for sure. The setting was wonderful too; I lived in Monterey for a while and would go to Carmel, so that was a fun bit for me. I also really liked that Maya had such good growth. I love when a character realizes that life isn't working the way they wanted and so they do something to change it, even if that something is a little crazy. that's the kind of growth I love to see! Honestly, this is a must read if you love rom-coms.

*thank you to the publisher and NetGalley for providing me a free early copy in exchange for an honest review* OKAY WOWWWW this book had me hooked from the beginning!! I really thought that this book was going to be about the one day, but instead took us on this wonderful and beautiful journey of a woman finding who she wants to be and finding a new home on the other side of the country. What I liked: I loved the whole premise of the book, I loved the beginning, middle, and end. I loved that it was MORE than just their meet-cute like I thought it was going to be. I loved the story after she moves I love the main character's development I fell in love with all of the characters I fell in love with the seaside beach town (which is based on a real place!) I devoured this book like no other in a long time What I didn't love: I didn't love that I figured out the ending super early, and I don't know and couldn't tell if that was the author's intent for the reader to figure it out before the main character, which led me to be a bit frustrated at the main character right before she figured it out. Read it or Leave it? READ IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

I loved The Meeting Point. From the beginning I connected with Maya. I hated her boss and her boyfriend and I wanted her to find happiness. When the texts send her on a birthday adventure I was along for the ride, and what a beautiful ride it is. I’ve never been to Carmel by the Sea, but it’s on my list of dream vacations now just so I can see the places Maya visits in this beautiful fairy tale of a book. I love how we know what Maya doesn’t as the story progresses. And even though the dark moment at the end feels a little contrived, it leads to a wonderful conclusion complete with the grand gesture. It’s been forever since I watched Sleepless in Seattle, but the feelings the book evokes remind me of what I felt while watching that movie the first time. Great characters, great plot and a beautiful happily ever after. Highly recommend. I received an ARC of The Meeting Point from NetGalley for this review.

Such a fun story about what could happen if you take a chance, close your eyes, and take a leap. I adored Maya and her journey to her Happily Ever After. I recommend this book to anyone who loves romance and good stories.

The writing was so playful, also enjoyable to read. Both these characters were so relatable. If you're looking for something to kick a reading slump or if you just want a fun, romantic book to sweep you off your feet this summer: look no further. This was such a good book. To be read by the beach or in the garden. Let this story take you away for a few hours of reading bliss.

I received an ARC of this book in exchange for a review. This book was a joy to read. I couldn't put it down and read it in one sitting. The romance felt like a story I had not read before and that can sometimes be hard to find in romance. In this story, Maya "meets" a man who sends her on a wonderful birthday adventure in a new city after being heartbroken by a cheating man. The beauty is finding love in a place you never expected to find it and trusting that it was worth it all along.

This was so sweet! I was really hoping for a happily ever after and The Meeting point did not disappoint.

When I first read the synopsis for this one, I was intrigued, but hesitant. With such an interesting concept it felt like the author would have to thread a pretty small needle to make it work, and I really think it does! This story follows Maya, a writer who steps out of her shell after a twist of fate leaves her alone on her birthday in an unfamiliar city. She starts texting with the Lift driver who has her cheating boyfriend's phone, and he leads her on a day of adventure that changes her life. I found this story really interesting. While the character starts out hesitant and sheltered, her magical day encourages her to eventually break out of her shell and think differently about herself and her life. As she tries to find the man who had such an impact on her, she may just find a place where she belongs. The main character's journey reminded me of my own journey, so I understood her actions and her hesitations. I enjoyed the twists of fate that she faced, and the heartwarming romantic moments. I will definitely enjoy revisiting this story and these characters!

Thank you to NetGalley and Aria & Aries publishers for the change to read an advance copy of this lovely book! While I was reading this book, I just didn’t want it to come to an end but I wanted to know that the HEA (Happily Ever After) had come! Such suspense! Maya yearns to be a writer and is always penning stories but she has never been published. She works as a journalist in New York, lives with her litigation lawyer boyfriend but knows that all is not well. When she flies one weekend to surprise him (it’s her birthday) the Lift driver has picked up his phone and let’s slip that he was with another woman in the car. What follows first is a magical day at the coast in Carmel where the mystery Lift driver “Max” guides Maya around town to have the best day of her life. They never meet, but a year later, Maya still hasn’t forgotten him. She leaves the boyfriend and the not great job and travels back to Carmel looking for Max. I so enjoyed reading how the story evolved and couldn’t wait for Max to be revealed! ❤️ ✈️ 📚 🏖

I stayed up way too late reading this one. I couldn't put it down. The story is told from Maya's POV, so we only know what she knows, but I had a strong suspicion, of course. Maya is not having the best time at work and she quits her job in NY. She decides to surprise her boyfriend in SanFran, but when she gets there, she finds out he's cheating on her. And it's her birthday. The lift driver who found her boyfriend's phone wants to give her a good birthday and tells her to go to Carmel. Throughout the day, they play a game of 50 questions and get to know each other, all through text. Maya feels a connection with this guy, but she doesn't even know his real name or what he looks like. A year later, Maya leaves her boyfriend and her job and goes to Carmel with a couple of suitcases and nothing more, except the strong wish to find Max (the name she gave him). It was a different kind of story but it kept going in one sitting. Clean. No language. I received a copy from the publisher through NetGalley and this is my honest opinion.

A great read, the story of maya, whose brithday turns out totally different than she expected. Finding out that her boyfried is cheating on her, she spends a day in a random town visiting places recommended by a stranger she calls Max. By the end of the day they have connected and she is going to meet him, but then her boyfriend turns up to win her back. Nearly a year later, she finds out that someone else is writing her story and sets off to find the writer and track down Max. She leaves her boyfriend, setting out on a new life. But everything is not as it seems when she gets there, and will she ever track down Max? Loved this book!

If I have to describe this book in one word it'd be "buoyant". It was super hyper duper cute and sweet. I've never been eager to visit California but after reading this book all I want to do is to go to Carmel by-the-Sea! Can someone take me, please? So, the instant-love trope is one of my least favourites. I avoid it as much as I can, and when I realized that this book had it, I freaked out a little. But it surprised me in the best way possible. I ended up loving it! Olivia wrote it in such a smart and beautiful way that is inevitable to love this story. And not only that, you end up loving the story, the characters, the places, everything. The only thing I didn't like much, is the ending. It was sweet and cute but I'd have loved it for it to be a bit longer, to actually see more of them together, of their relationship. An epilogue would have been phenomenal! If you like the instant-love trope, enjoy rom-com, and are a sucker for happy endings (like me), seriously you CAN'T-MISS this book!! Now, if you don’t love this trope so much, I’d say give it a shot, it might surprise you.

Maya is surprising her boyfriend and meeting him out of town for her birthday. When she can’t get hold of him, a Lyft driver answers his phone asking her if she is the hot blonde. Upon discovering her boyfriend’s infidelity Maya is lost, with no plans the driver sends her on a magical mystery tour, making this birthday one she will never forget. I read this is one sitting. It had the perfect amount of romance and mystery.

This was the cutest story I’ve read in awhile. Maya and her mystery Lift driver created an adventure that sent me from place to place within this beach town, and I adored it. That feeling of experiencing somewhere new, even through someone else’s eyes, soothed my wanderlusting heart. And in the second half, I throughly enjoyed the mystery, as well as the back and forth, and the genuine friendships portrayed.

I can't recommend this book highly enough! I devoured the whole thing in one sitting, then just sat back and actually felt a slight amount of grief that it was over. It's so well written that I got very attached to the characters and sympathised with them all. I solved the mystery quite soon into the story, but it was nice to see how it played out, and I appreciated having a book that was realistic, with people misunderstanding each other and feeling the same insecurities as us. I have already recommended this book to others, and have added the author to my watch list for future publications.

This book really took me by surprise, in the best way. It gave me all the feels! Really, the writing and the story was so endearing. I loved how strong maya was and how sweet and intense Ethan was. It almost has that “ you’ve got mail “ vibe to it where you know as the reader exactly what’s going on and you are just waiting for the heroine to catch up. Thanks to nergalley for the ARC and all opinions are my own.

Thanks to NetGalley for providing me an ARC of this book; I very much appreciate it. The best word I can use to describe this book is cute. The characters were all loveable (except for the cheating ex-boyfriend, of course) and I'd love to be friends with them all. It took me a chapter or two to get used to the author's writing style, but once I got used to it, it was a very quick read. The heroine was a very sweet woman and the hero was considerate and caring. The descriptions of Carmel were vivid and made me want to hop on a plane to go visit. While the plot was predictable, I didn't mind it much. A perfect summer read. 4.5 stars.

At first, I would like to thank Netgalley and Aria & Ariesfor allowing me to review this book. Keep in mind that my review, however, is my true opinion on this book. Maya Maas just wants people to be happy. She writes love stories and she makes up love stories everywhere she goes. To random people on the street who do not even know each other will in her imagination end up getting married. That is because she just wants them to be happy. She gives these people fake names and emotions, because she does not know them. It kind of seems like a nice gesture or something. There is enough sadness in the world - as Maya Maas would put it. This is your chance to get some more light into yours. And this book will help you on the way and make a smile on your face. Because it is a cute story. Maya Maas also says: “why make life easy?” I kind of like her mentality. She seems like a fun character. I love the mysterious driver, Max, and his fun games. He sure seems to want to help Maya and he seems like a genuinely nice character just like Maya. And all of the time spent on trying to figure out who this guy is, is absolutely wonderfully written! All the characters actually seem quite nice. Ethan and Celine are especially lovely characters. They are so sweet. You just can not help but love them. This is a book showing how there is always another side to the story. There will always be two perspectives. And it is easy to misunderstand each other. This is a kind of book, where you more or less know the ending very early on. But this does not make it less enjoyable to read. It is just as exciting to read this amazing story. It is just so lovely! I loved this book! And I will highly recommend this!

I adored this story so much! A good mix of romance and comedy I need now in my life. Lol. Thanks Netgalley for the copy. I will post the whole review on my IG account.

4.5 There’s a lot to unpack with this novel and a lot of it I will keep close to my heart because I don’t want to give anything away! I will start by saying that the beginning of this book is sweet and unexpected! What I loved about it was that it was our first introduction into who Maya is! This story is told through just her point of view and throughout the book we see many sides of her! At the heart of her character though she is someone who wants to see every one find their HEA! She is a romantic who just wants the world to experience the beauty of love! When the day trip of a life time becomes the premise of an upcoming book Maya knows she must find the man responsible for her amazing day! He’s the key to what her future! What she embarks on is a journey of discovery in more ways than just love! I really enjoyed Maya’s character, and that she had such a great foundation with her best friend and her mom! She also meets new people on her journey and each character really added to the story! The book did feel a little slow at certain parts and I know it’s building up to the climax so my warning is to stick it out! Continue to read because when the book picks up at about the 60% mark you will be mind blown and completely invested just like I was!

5 stars for this super cute story ! Maya Maas is having the worst birthday until it becomes one of her bests adventures. The scenery (Carmel-by-the sea in California) and its description are awesome and add to the long list of places I want to visit thanks to a book ! I could totally be Maya at work and get carried away by a stranger who would have found my cheating boyfriend's phone in his Lyft. I really appreciated that it takes some time for Maya and her mysterious "texter" to be reunited (it wouldn't have worked for me if it had been an insta-love, even if it kind of is). I've been very lucky to have been granted an eARC of this book by the publisher and Netgalley (thank you so much !) and to read it while on holidays. It's a perfect timing if you want a romantic novel with funny twists and really nice secondary characters.

This book was an absolute pleasure to read. I predicted the ending pretty early, but I still enjoyed it. I liked each character and that the plot and characters developed differently than I expected. Great beach read or escape read.

This book had no business being as good as it was and making me feel all the feels. It completely encaptured my attention and I've never read anything like it. There isn't much spice but there is lots of sexy tension, banter, and chemistry.

It took me less than 24 hours to finish Olivia Lara’s sophomore novel, “The Meeting Point.” Definitely a beach read, feel good book that most definitely will have a place in my library upon its release in September. Another ARC I was lucky to read before it hits shelves, Lara captivated me with the California coast and characters I wish I had in my everyday life. I read so much I constantly ask myself what makes something a good book, or why did I like this more than the last thing I read. The answer for me is consistent- if a book makes me feel things I’m in. And this book gave me alllll the feels. I was hooked from the beginning and flew through the first few chapters, and then something happened and I had to stop reading. I was so mad. Got over my anger pretty quickly and continued reading to see how the story continued. The main character, Maya, was someone I both identified with and wanted to be my best friend. I am so grateful I got to live life with her for a little while. After staying up most of the night reading, I stopped around 70% through because I didn’t want the story to end. I read more this morning and again stalled at 91%. Another characteristic of a good book is when you don’t want it to end. I did finish however and as sad as I am it is over I’m so lucky I got to read it early. Such a great book, I’m sure the wait list at the library is already long. Preorder it now, add it to your TBR list, and add September 2 (it’s release date) to your calendar! This one is not to be missed!

Rating: 4.5/5 ABSOLUTELY FREAKING BRILLIANT. I loved this storyline, the characters, and just flat out everything!! It was so different and I was completely Intrigued the entire time!! My heart is still melting as we speak. As you can tell by my start and finish time for this book, I finished it in less than a day because I literally couldn’t put it down. One of the fastest romance reads I’ve had to date! Ugh you guys. I’m sad it’s over. I hope this becomes a series because I. NEED. MORE. I did guess the big reveal, but regardless I still loved it! Who doesn’t love warm fuzzies that come from a good ole romance?! Oh my goodness. Olivia Lara knows what she’s doing!! You guys definitely need to add this to your TBR! It was definitely what I hoped for and what I enjoy in romance novels: slow burn, a bit of mystery, enemies-to-lovers, and a fun storyline and makes you want more! Give this one a chance, you definitely won’t regret it!

Lovely summer rom com read and shows how out of something crappy a beautiful friendship can spark. I read it within 2 days and had me laughing and smiling throughout.

This book has a totally unique premise and I loved this emotional journey! This is sort of a second chance romance with a twist - only one person knows who the other is. Max saves Maya from the worst birthday ever by sending her on a fun one-day adventure via text. And she kind of falls in love with the guy on the other side of the phone. But when push comes to shove, she has to choose between going back to her old life or taking a chance on Max? This book is so clean, you can loan it to your most conservative friend, but I didn’t care. This is such a well developed slow burn, I was totally along for the ride. This book is almost entirely in Maya’s POV and the emotional punch of finally getting a peek into Max’s head was so amazing! Loved this one!! Thanks to NetGalley and Aria for an advance reader copy of this book. These are my honest opinions.

This is the first book I read from the author and it won' t be the last . From the first to last page it was amazing .A must read . A woman who is romantic and makes love stories with people she just meet at the road - cafe - bus . The day of her birthday she makes a surprice trip to her boyfriend and she ends texting with the lift driver who drove her boyfriend . After discovers she is being cheated she decide to spend the day to a city the driver tells her about . While texting she realises that is in love with him . After a year she returns back to the city and try to find him and explain why she did not meet him like she promised . While she is looking for him she meets Ethan and slowly falling in love with him without realising it . What will happen at the end ? I received this book from net galley and the publisher as an ARC. Thank you! All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Maya Maas, lives in New York with her boyfriend of 5 years. When David is on a work trip in California, she decides to go surprise him. When in reality she gets the surprise of a lifetime. David leaves his phone in a "lyft." When the lyft driver starts texting her, and lets her know that David has been cheating, not only did it ruin her day, it is also her birthday!! She ends up calling him Max, as they do not want to get to personal. He ends up taking her all around the small city of Carmel, California! The best 24 hours of both of their lives. When they decide to meet at 6am before Maya has to get on a plan, David is demanding his phone back, and instead of meeting Max at the meeting point, it is David who she see's instead. A whole year later, Max is still all Maya can think about, and when she finds out an author is writing HER story. She heads back to Carmel, California to find him, and let him know that she wrote this first, and doesn't want her story exposed. But what she finds is so much more! I absolutely loved this story, it was so different from your typical love story. It took Maya awhile to realize that she hated her job, she didn't like her cheating, lying boyfriend, and she was determined to get answers on who Max was and why he didn't show up at their meeting point the day after her birthday a year ago. Her determination no matter what to find Max is breath taking, because it wasn't about looks, or what he did for a living. It was the fact that he was nice to her, and took her through a whole city through text message, I just have to say it would drive me nuts for a year too! Especially when you have no way of contacting them! I hope other reads enjoy Maya and Max's story as much as I did! I would love to read my from Olivia Lara! A solid 5/5 for a very different, cute, and awesome love story! That by the way I read in 6 hours!!

Oh how I loved this fun romcom by Olivia Lara! I took this lovely read with me on a weekend getaway, and it was the perfect escape to add to my escape! This book promises romance, originality, characters you’ll love, strong chapters and a satisfying ending. I loved Maya instantly. She finds a story in almost any situation (which I can relate). I found the texting that went on between her and the Lyft driver on point! I loved it all, from their silly road games to finding out about each other. Readers of the genre will love this new swoony romance by Olivia Lara. Highly recommend!

The Meeting Point a quick little read that I would recommend after reading an intense, thrilling novel. Maya a young women who is working at a dead end job. Who is living with a man she thought she would spend the rest of her life with. Until she decides to not take a writing assignment because of her birthday weekend surprise for David. Only Maya is the one surprised on her birthday. David 's phone is left in a lift car and when Maya finally tracks down the driver she finds out that her wonderful boyfriend of five years has been cheating on her. What is she to do. Maya goes on an adventure through texts with this mystery Lift driver Max. She goes on this wonderful journey to try to forget that she has no job, boyfriend or place to life. She is a mess, but Max helps her have the best time of her life. Everything is fine until she tries to meet Max but ends up going back home with David. Never meeting this mysterious, caring and possibly loving man Max. Maya wakes up a year later knowing she mad the biggest mistake of her life by coming home with David. She is so unhappy and needs to find out who Max is. Her best friend Alisa helps her on her next adventure back to California to see who this elusive Max is. Ms. Lara wrote a very funny, easy going story with a character that will make a reader feel like she is writing about them. The story gets really chaotic when you through in a highly famous author Ethan Deplay who Maya thinks can hold all the answers to finding out who Max is. To find out how Mayas second adventure turns out I would suggest you read this book. It is funny, loving and makes you root for Maya to find out all the answers to her questions. Even if she goes about it the wrong way. Thank you Olivia Lara for an entertaining story. Thank you NetGalley and Ari-Aries for the approval for this ARC. Totally loved it.

Would you start a conversation via text with a complete stranger? Maya did and it was the start to the sweetest love story. I loved this book so much and was smiling so much throughout it. What I Loved: -Mayas relationship with all the other characters (except David, he's a scumbag). I just loved seeing her interact with people. -Mayas little HEAs that she writes, so cute! -The location (Carmel By The Sea) which is now on my list of places I NEED to visit. What I didn't love as much: -Sometimes I got annoyed with Maya and her behavior or how clueless she seemed to some things. But that didn't last long or ruin the book for me at all. This is a very clean romance with no language and no steam. I usually prefer some steam but this book was so good even without it! I can't wait to read the authors other book. Thank you Netgalley and publisher for this digital ARC in exchange for my honest opinion.

I loved this! I so rarely give romance books 5 stars but I finished this one with a huge smile on my face and tears in my eyes. It was the perfect blend of realistic and fantasy romance. Yes, I knew what was going to happen and I was ready to give it 4 stars because of it, but the slight twist at the end really took me for a loop (since I saw the "big twist") and really pushed this one over the edge. It gave it that "I need to know what happens next" feeling even though I knew in my heart what the ultimate ending needed to be. Maya's journey is so relatable and intriguing. The whole time I kept thinking this was a modern twist on "You've Got Mail" (which I love) but it improved upon it in many ways. The relationships seems real. The matchmaking bits were fun. And to top it off, the characters were so delightful. If you're in the mood for a rom-com, this one is fantastic!

Ooooh I liked this one. A lot. I love it when a book has one of those moments where you are just so desperate to intervene and stop a situation but you can see it unravelling in front of your eyes and can do nothing to stop it. Thats exactly how I felt with a moment in this one. But wow the rest of the book does not disappoint. I love the matchmaker and romantic in Maya as she is like a modern day Jane Austen's Emma (only better) but misses the point in her own love life. I'm sure many of us can relate. This is fun, fresh, cheeky, cringy at times but overall everything you could want from this type of novel.

I really enjoyed this romcom. First off, the story line was perfect. I love a good exes to lovers story. I loved the chemistry between all of the characters and that there was more than one love story in the book. I also really enjoyed the cover of this book, it was perfect for the story! Overall, this was the perfect frenemies to lovers romcom and I really enjoyed it.

My what a book This book deserves no stars because it has the entire universe in my opinion. When i first saw the chapters i was shocked but David and Maya quickly melted my heart with their beautiful love story. The hopeless romantic couldn't get enough of this beautiful small town goodnes and the suspense weaved in this story. I loved all the characters save for David and Janice but the rest of them i was rooting and cheering them on throughout If you're a hopeless romantic like me looking for your next book to curl up to. Then this beauty right here should be up your tbr.

Have you ever started a book but you did not care that it had a predictable ending because it was so cute? Well, that was this book. Book meets girl in an unexpected way, they have internal obstacles to overcome, they end up happy. I would absolutely recommend this to anyone that wants a good easy romance. It’s not gonna make you want to change who you are as a human but it will make you be happy to be part of a world where books like this exist.

So, I read a LOT of romance books and I think this is one of my new favorites! I really enjoyed the plot and the characters. Our main character texts her boyfriend, who lost his phone with his Lift driver. She proceeds to meet the driver, learn her boyfriend is cheating on her, and have a magical day with the Lift driver. Yes, this is an unlikely scenario, but it was really well done and I enjoyed it. The writing was fast paced and the plot was good. There are not any steamy sex scenes in it, but it was still SO GOOD! Can you tell how much I enjoyed this? It was clever and well done. I cannot wait to read another book by this author.

This book needs to be on your radar! I love it so much. Maya is having the worst day. She gets fired. She flies out to visit her boyfriend only to find out by his Lift driver that he is cheating on her. And oh yeah, it’s her birthday. At text suggestion of the Lift driver’s, she begins to explore. And is it possible to fall for someone only over text messages? This book was SUPER predictable. But goodness I couldn’t put it down! I was smiling throughout the whole book. It’s a cute, light romance.

The Meeting Point is an adorable romcom! I loved the plot and the main characters were super cute and very relatable.

Such a wonderful book!! I loved the story of Maya Maas and her wonderful birthday. What a great meet cute! The story was somewhat predictable in the middle but when Maya returns to Carmel, it doesn't quite go the way I thought it would. And it was very interesting to read about her birthday from his perspective. Get this book - you will enjoy it! I can't wait to read more from this author. I'm so very very thankful to NetGalley for allowing me to read an ARC. Truly loved this book!

“Everything worth something is always a little bit sad.” Maya arrives in sunny California to surprise her boyfriend, David. But when she calls him, she finds out that a Lift driver has his forgotten phone. “Are you the blonde in the red dress who was with him?” ….Maya is a t-shirt-wearing brunette. Worst. Birthday. Ever… or is it? Maya starts texting the Lift driver (Max) and ends up having the BEST day, discovering the local beach town of Carmel with a text itinerary from Max. But can this relationship develop into something more, or will Maya go back to her familiar life in New York? I could NOT put this book down! The story was fast-paced, and I couldn’t wait to find out what would happen between Maya and Max. I loved the friendships in this story, side relationship with supporting characters, setting in Carmel, and main characters (helloooo tattooed author male lead 😍). The insta-love trope worked really well here. This is SUCH a cute story and I highly recommend checking it out! Thanks to NetGalley and Aria for this ARC!

I really enjoyed this book. The characters were fun, the descriptions made you feel like you could see it or that you were there, and the writing was well done and easy to follow. This was a great, light hearted read that anyone could read in less than a day! Thank you NetGalley and Aria Fiction for the ARC for the exchange for a honest review!

The Meeting Point is a cute and delicious romantic story that is quickly devoured. I read it in one sitting, because the writing is fluid, but above all because I needed to know how the plot was ending. Maya accumulates disappointments, she clings to a slight hope: her boyfriend. She decides to go to California to find him to celebrate her birthday with him, but without warning him beforehand. At the airport, she calls him, but he's not the one answering, it's a lift driver who does. She discovers thanks to this stranger that her wonderful boyfriend is cheating on her. The stranger on the phone feels sorry for her and generously decides to help her overcome her disappointment and have a wonderful day. The two of them text each other, he advises her on places to visit, where to eat, where to relax ... Olivia Lara offers us a sublime postcard from Carmel-on-the-Sea, a small town very popular with writers, full of charms that she describes wonderfully, she makes us want to visit it. Thanks to a man whose identity she does not know, she has a magical day, the best she has had since a very long time, a day that will change her life. Over the text messages, they get to know each other, they make each other laugh, exchange their feelings ... They therefore decide to meet but ... For unclear reasons, this meeting does not take place. And it is soooo frustrating ! A year later, Maya can no longer bear her disappointing life, especially after having lived an exceptional day several months before. She decides to give up everything and go in search of the lift driver. So she returns to California, to the city where her life has changed ... Conducting her investigation, she meets wonderful and generous people, she can finally let her heart express itself by helping others, by bringing them a smile... In a way, looking for the man who changed her life, she finds herself, she becomes the real Maya again, a happy Maya. She meets a writer who can help her find the lift driver but between them the mood is electric, she is angry with him, and he seems perplexed by her. It creates funny and enjoyable to read scenes. The situation of our heroine is more and more complicated. It's hard to explain what I liked about this book without saying too much. The charm of the small town with its adorable inhabitants offers a very beautiful setting and a familiar and special atmosphere. The secondary characters all bring an additional charm. Maya is a woman who got lost over the years, her day of discovering Carmel was a trigger, as much by the city as by the exchanges with the stranger of the texts. This day has shown her everything she misses by continuing to live a life that does not suit her. As for the lift driver ... he made me melt with his messages, he helps a woman he doesn't know, he offers her the keys to happiness without expecting anything in return, he has a sense of humor... Maya falls in love, at the same time as us, with an exceptional man who will know how to make her happy. There is a lot of magic in this love story, a lot of sweetness and energy too. I loved discovering the first day from the point of view of the lift driver. Although it wasn't a big surprise, it was still super cute. We quickly guess the end of the story but despite everything, we find ourselves impatiently waiting for the moment when Maya will understand. And the end does not disappoint at all ! No sex scene here, just seduction, tenderness, humor ... The birth of love, the discovery of the loved one. In short, this novel is a little gold nugget that will make you smile!

Fun and yes fairly predictable romcom. I don't mind predictability. I feel thats pretty much a given with romcoms. I DO think though that since it was pretty obvious early on who Max is that we should have gotten more of his POV. I really liked the segments of his book where we got to see what he was experiencing. I do really dislike when there are so many lies and no communication but again thats to be expected sometimes to give some sort of conflict. I do think there was a little too much of Maya's inner thoughts and they were a little repetitive. She was a little immature at times as well, especially for her age. Claire was actually one of my favorite parts of the story and I really wish Maya had confided in her. I disagree with some other reviewers about Maya and Ethan. I really thought they had great chemistry. I was upset that Maya kept denying it so much. I did find it really odd though that Maya was so oblivious. I really think Maya would have at least at one point considered that Max could be Ethan. It was odd that she didn't. Or maybe even have Alisa give that as a theory. The one thing I really don't get though is why David kept calling for so long. It just didn't make sense that he would if he had the attitude Max wrote about in his book. Overall I really enjoyed it! It was a fast and fun read that I would recommend to anyone who loves the movie You've Got Mail, because it definitely made me think of it multiple times.

What a beautiful and unique story. I couldn't put it down at all. I needed to finish it the same day I started it. It started off wonderfully, and the storytelling change -- I won't give it away -- added to it. Was it predictable? Yes. Did it ruin anything for me? Not even at all.

Do you believe in instalove or love at first text? Based on the characters in this book, I absolutely do! The way Maya tore through June After Midnight is the way I devoured this book- I kept wanting more and more, then when I finished, I still wanted more! This book reeled me in from the beginning and was SO GOOD! From the moment Maya landed in Carmel for the second time, I knew the outcome but I giddily read through each chapter with a huge smile on my face. I loved all of the character interactions with one another, especially Maya, Ethan and Celine, plus the stories and matchmaking. Extra swoon at the wine tour and the hot air balloon ride. Prepare yourself for lots of laughter, smiles, eye rolling (in the best way!), friendship and, best of all, love.

Loved this book! I am a sucker for a sweet romance and this one definitely made the list! A chance meeting, beautiful setting, and entertaining characters? Sign me up! Thank you, NetGalley!

4.5/5 stars! This book had me hooked from the start. Maya finds out from a lift driver that her boyfriend is cheating on her. The Lift driver sends her on a birthday adventure, rather than letting her wallow and she has the best day of her life. A year later she returns to Caramel by the Sea to find out the identity of her secret lift driver. I didn't know that this was the book I needed, but this light, fluffy romance kept me reading. The Meeting Point is a quick read, with short chapters and was happy and uplifting to read. I didn't want to put the book down, but I forced myself to, just so I could savour it a bit more. The author did a great job setting the scene of the book in Caramel by the Sea. I felt like I could see myself there and it now has me itching to visit Northern California and Caramel by the Sea to see the beauty itself. Olivia Lara did a great job building characters Maya, Ethan and "Max" so well that I felt for all of them. I loved Maya creating the stories of happily ever after for the people in her life and it was so sweet to hear these stories and really added to the romantic nature of the book. Maya is a person I could picture being friends with and seemed very endearing and likeable. I also enjoyed reading about Maya's friendships with both Alisa and Celine and how they were there for her when she needed them. I liked the writing of a "secret pen pals" type of trope (sort of) and felt that Olivia really pulled it off in her writing. Some parts of the book did feel like it was starting to drag a bit, but the pay off was totally worth it for a cute, slow-burn romance. Another interesting part of the book is that you read "Max's" perspective through small chapters of Ethan's book, which I found a unique way to add a perspective, rather than a back and forth dual perspective of many current romances. All in all this was a light, contemporary romance and was super sweet. I am going to read Olivia's other book, and I look forward to her future novels! I received a copy of this from NetGalley and the publisher for an open and honest review. All opinions are 100% mine.

I literally started this book quite late last night, but I read so much of it before I fell asleep and finished it this morning. I can’t believe how fast I got through it, also quite sad as I was SO invested.   I loved it. I can’t even describe. I loved the writing, the characters, the story, the ending. ALL OF IT. I normally read thrillers but trying to try get back into my romance books especially and this was amazing. I LOVED Maya. I just wanted to hug her from the very beginning, then her very special birthday, I felt like I was on the journey with her too! It was so beautifully written too; I loved all the little moments.  I was so invested; I couldn’t put it down and needed to know what was going to happen next. I did kinda guess who ‘max’ was, however I couldn’t wait for the moment for him to be revealed! And it was such a magical moment when it was.   I'm still feeling so many emotions from this book, and honestly, I say this with every book I've loved, but I NEED a part 2!!! I need to know what happens next... for ALL the characters!

It is so easy to get attached to what we know, what we are used to, or simply not getting out of our comfort zone just because we are made to believe we don't have what it takes or can't find better options. That is not true. We can do better than we are told, and deep inside we know it. I enjoyed so much reading this book, carefully going through its pages, I didn't want to miss anything, I didn't want to finish it. I needed to read more of that encouragement. I needed to be reminded of that lack of bravery that we are so used to have. To the readers, sometimes we need to be selfish. To the author and team, Congratulations!

The Meeting Point by Olivia Lara is a sweet romcom that follows Maya as she’s looking for a Lift driver she fell in love with after spending a perfect day “with him” This was a fast paced read, I really liked that you don’t have to wait long for Maya and mystery Lift driver Max to start interacting and I loved that we don’t get to see much of David, he just seemed obnoxious and horrible to be honest! Getting to know Maya throughout the story and following her one year later when she’s back in Carmel-by-the-Sea looking for Max was so much fun! The setting was beautiful, the people were so nice and I really loved how inspired Maya felt surrounded by all of them. I loved the relationships she forms and the places she visits with wonderful company. I’m keeping this review spoiler free but I will say this — even if I figured what was going on early on, I really enjoyed the journey and I’d recommend this book to anyone who enjoys cute romcoms with likeable characters, swoony moments and a little bit of banter. Keep an eye out for this one, it’s out on September 2nd!!! 🗓 ✨Thank you to the author, NetGalley & Aria for an eARC of this book in exchange of an honest review. All opinions are my own. ✨ This review will be posted closer to publication date on my Instagram account: @bm.bookish.girl

Such a cute and romantic story set in such a beautiful location! I love the bond that forms between Maya and Max and it didn't feel rushed at all. This book felt like such a classic Rom Com and I am so here for it!

Another new author to me and another author I now love. What a seriously beautiful story. Maya decides to surprise her long standing boyfriend, David, when he is on a business trip by visiting him as it is her birthday. However, she didn’t bargain on him losing his phone and when the person who finds the phone inadvertently tells her David is cheating on her she ends up chatting to the anonymous person who is kind and friendly. He decides to make her day special as no-one should be unhappy on their birthday, right? But that day changes both Maya and the unknown guy she’s been speaking to. Will she ever find out who he is? And will she find herself along the way? You must read this amazing book to find out. Well, what an amazing story by Olivia Lara. By chapter 4 I was already loving the feeling of the book, it felt so magical, and it started making me feel really good while I was reading it. It is only the second book EVER to make me throw my head back and laugh out loud, that is an achievement in itself. I really understood Maya, especially all her over analysing and over thinking every situation. I also really liked Celine, what an all-round lovely lady! By about halfway through I was certain I had figured out who Max (the anonymous guy) was and I was right however, this defo did not spoil my enjoyment of the book. I was desperate for Maya to find out who he was too and was constantly on the edge of my seat waiting for her to figure it out. I was so happy when she finally did. I had no choice but to award this book 5* it literally gave me all the feels and I’m so very sad that I’ve finished it. Brilliant, just brilliant Olivia Lara. Thank you to NetGalley, Aria & Aries and Olivia Lara for my advanced reading copy. Due out 2nd September 2021.

This book was so much fun and absolutely perfect for a summer read! I devoured it in two sittings becasue it was just so good and I had to know how it ended. Maya was a brilliant main character and while some of her decisions were dubious I just loved watching her change over the course of the book as she learned more about herself and became more and more comfortable in Carmel. Ethan was a great character too and I liked that we were able to get his perspective on the story closer to the end as it was all winding up towards the end, plus he was flawed and he changed too. Something that I love to see. Celine and all the other residents of Carmel were wonderful characters too and I thought the way they all touched Maya's story was wonderful, plus they all felt like their own characters with plots of their own, not jsut side characters in the main plot of the book. The plot itself was brilliantly written and I thoroughly enjoyed the direction that the story took after the part advertised on the blurb had come to pass. I was hooked as I watched Maya try to find out who her mysterious Max, a great Gladiator reference if I may say so myself, even though I figured it out about halfway through the book. I also really liked that every little character had some sort of plotline that got fulfilled in some way and I really enjoyed how it all got concluded becasue that final chapter was so sweet and I just loved reading it so much. Olivia Lara has such a wonderful writing style. She is funny and serious and can really just make the characters come to life off of the page. I just absolutely loved it all so much and I am definitely going to check out her other books!!