The Moonflower Monologues

Pub Date 07 Dec 2021 | Archive Date 07 Dec 2021

Talking about this book? Use #TheMoonflowerMonologues #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Just as the moonflower dares to stand and blossom, growing bright and free in the shadows of the night, may these gentle pages inspire you to bloom, bursting with poetry, in the most unexpected of moments.

From celebrated Australian artist Tess Guinery comes The Moonflower Monologues, her second book of beautifully designed poetry and prose. This collection is many things: an exploration of strength and femininity, an invitation to let things go wrong, a reminder that growth comes in many forms, and an acknowledgment that “some things can’t be written in sugar, only salt.” Some of the writings are extravagant, some are sparse, but all are infused with Guinery’s introspection, stillness, and kindness.

A Note From the Publisher

We regret that this electronic galley is not available for Kindle viewing.

We regret that this electronic galley is not available for Kindle viewing.

It feels like this collection has been written only for me. Once I started reading the first few lines of the first page, I realised the book would mean more than I expected. I just love the colourful pages and the subtle illustrations. It's so beautiful! The writing: It's empowering. It's personal. It's like your soulmate you have been searching for. For readers of Rupi Kaur, this collection is a must read! Another favourite! Thank you, author and the publisher, for the advance reading copy.

This was a really beautiful anthology of poems. They really did touch me in ways only poetry is able to. I grew up with so many different things like poetry surrounding me so it only makes me appreciate it more. This is by one of the best poetry sets I’ve read in a long time and I absolutely loved it. Credit to the author for coming up with such a beautiful ensemble!