The Golden Couple

A Novel

Pub Date 08 Mar 2022 | Archive Date 22 Mar 2022

If Avery Chambers can’t fix you in 10 sessions, she won’t take you on as a client. Her successes are phenomenal--she helps people overcome everything from domineering parents to assault--and almost absorb the emptiness she sometimes feels since her husband’s death.

PRICE CA$38.99 (CAD)

Another amazing thriller by Hendrick/Pekkanen! This duo is fast becoming one of my go-to authors. Loved the premise of this story, and all of the twists and turns along the way. Could not put it down. Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for the advanced copy.

This book is completely insane and I LOVED IT. Absolutely nothing is what it seems. Everyone is a liar and even the lies hold deeper deception than meets the eye. I haven’t been held hostage like this by a book in a long time. I highly recommend this book to anyone who loves twists and turns with a side of shocking revelations. So. Good.

What a great mystery! Everybody is a potential target and no one knows why until the very end. Marissa and Matthew Bishop go to marital counseling after she commits adultery with one of their longtime friends. They know their new counselor, Avery, lost her license to do therapy but she was recommended by a friend. That's not Avery's secret. She reported a corrupt drug company, thinking she would be anonymous. Now she's always looking over her shoulder. And just when I thought, gee, this therapy might really work, the whole shebang blows up. Could something happen to the Bishops' young son? And what's Grandpa's story? Few things are as they seem but I was not even close in my estimation of who would do what to whom. I highly recommend The Golden Couple. I read it in two days-- I just couldn't put it down. I'm looking forward to reading other books by these authors.

One of the best thrillers I’ve heard all year. I was a big fan of this book the plot was interesting from the start. I couldn’t wait to see what happened and I wasn’t disappointed.

So how do I justify pushing 20+ books aside to read The Golden Couple? First, none of them publish until at least next month, so no other books were hurt. Second, if you get the chance to read an early copy of a book by Hendricks and Pekkanen, you don't need an excuse! Third, I loved The Wife Between Us and if this was a physical book, you might see a picture of it covered in bite marks because I devoured it. Marissa and Matthew seem to have it all. Money, looks, brains, and a son they adore. Until Marissa makes an appointment with a therapist, one who has lost her license but still runs an in-demand business. Avery follows her own rules, but she can almost guarantee results if you adhere to her program. While Marissa's confession may mean the end of her marriage, Avery senses more going on between these two than just infidelity. Avery is dealing with her own personal and professional issues, and as the story progressed, she seemed to get more and more tangled up in a complicated web of lies and deceit. A clever game of cat and mouse that kept me guessing throughout. The ending surprised me and if life didn't get in the way, I never would have put this book down until I was finished. 4.5 stars.

An affair, a marriage in turmoil, and a therapist with a few issues of her own. This book was domestic suspense at its finest; glossy, secretive and absorbing. It made for compulsive reading. I love this kind of smooth, twisty read, those privileged, seemingly perfect lives that absorb you then pull you under the surface, tangled in their secrets and lies. It was entertaining, scandalous and had me hooked from start to finish.

Another great book by Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen! It's an intense thriller you will not want to put down! Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for the advance copy.

Starting the Golden Couple? Best to cancel everything in your day because once you start you’re hooked and won’t stop reading. Avery, an unconventional therapist who “cures”: patients with her unique 10 meeting plan, meets with husband and wife Marissa and Matthew where Marissa announces she’s slept with another man. On the outside this couple look like they have everything, wealth, smarts, and gorgeous looks, but the cracks are there and Avery is positive she can help them. But Avery is dealing with some large issues of her own and the more meetings she has with them the more entangled they all become. This is a well constructed suspense novel with several strong plots happening at the same time and the authors carry them off brilliantly. I highly recommend The Golden Couple and think it will be a huge hit.

Date reviewed/posted: July 25, 2021 Publication date: March 8, 2022 When life for the entire galaxy and planet has turned on its end, you have personally decided to basically continue on #maskingup and #lockingdown to be in #COVID19 #socialisolation as the #thirdwave ( #fourthwave #fifthwave?) is upon us, superspeed readers like me can read 300+ pages/hour, so yes, I have read the book … and many more today. Plus it is hot as all heck and nothing is more appealing than sitting in front of a fan with a kindle! I requested and received a temporary digital Advance Reader Copy of this book from #NetGalley, the publisher and the author in exchange for an honest review. From the publisher, as I do not repeat the contents or story of books in reviews, I let them do it as they do it better than I do 😸. The Golden Couple is the next electrifying novel from Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen, the #1 New York Times bestselling author duo behind You Are Not Alone, An Anonymous Girl, and The Wife Between Us. If Avery Chambers can’t fix you in 10 sessions, she won’t take you on as a client. Her successes are phenomenal--she helps people overcome everything from domineering parents to assault--and almost absorbs the emptiness she sometimes feels since her husband’s death. Marissa and Mathew Bishop seem like the golden couple--until Marissa cheats. She wants to repair things, both because she loves her husband and for the sake of their 8-year-old son. After a friend forwards an article about Avery, Marissa takes a chance on this maverick therapist, who lost her license due to controversial methods. When the Bishops glide through Avery’s door and Marissa reveals her infidelity, all three are set on a collision course. Because the biggest secrets in the room are still hidden, and it’s no longer simply a marriage that’s in danger. Another stellar novel from Greer and Sarah!!! The story sucks you in and keeps you waiting, breathlessly, until it comes to a very satisfying end. Read it as soon as it comes out... in March of 22!! Then think about your marriage ... would you survive this happening?? If you are lucky enough to get to a warm climate, take this book to the beach (or your back yard, porch or balcony later in the spring) and enjoy it - just wear a tonne of SPF110 as you will lose track of time as you read this. - If we are in the 8th or 9th wave/mutation of COVID19 by then, stay inside: no tan is worth dying for. #maddogsandenglishmen I will recommend this book to friends, family, patrons, book clubs, and people reading books in the park as we do … I have had some of my best conversations about books down by the Thames! As always, I try to find a reason to not rate with stars as I simply adore emojis (outside of their incessant use by "🙏-ed Social Influencer Millennials/#BachelorNation survivors/Tik-Tok and YouTube Millionaires/snowflakes / literally-like-overusers etc. ") on Instagram and Twitter... Get a real job, people!) so let's give it 🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

Fantastic read, surprise ending, Could not stop reading until I finished it.. the characters were so real, thinking of them the next day.

I have been a fan of theirs since their first book so I thought I knew what I was getting into. This book took me by surprise with so many unexpected paths and reasonings. They are master story tellers who weave prose and suspense together like it's their web.