Beneath a Starless Sky

Pub Date 05 Oct 2021 | Archive Date 26 Oct 2021
Harper 360, HQ Digital

Talking about this book? Use #BeneathaStarlessSky #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

‘A gripping WW2 story of love, betrayal and courage…This novel will take you on a rollercoaster of emotions… A great read!’ – 5 stars, Amazon Reviewer

Munich 1930: Smoke filled the air.

Lilli Sternberg’s quickening heart sounded an alarm as she rounded the street corner. Lifting her gaze to the rooftops, a roaring blaze of thick flames engulfed the side of the building and joined the stars to fill the black sky. Her father’s shop was no more.

Lilli Sternberg longs to be a ballet dancer. But outside the sanctuary of the theatre, her beloved city is in chaos and Munich is no longer a place for dreams.

The Nazi party are gaining power and the threats to those who deviate from the party line are increasing. Jewish families are being targeted and their businesses raided, even her father’s shop was torched because of their faith.

When Lilli meets Captain Marco Zeiller during a chance encounter, her heart soars. He is the perfect gentleman and her love for him feels like a bright hope under a bleak sky.

But battle lines are being drawn, and Marco has been spotted by the Reich as an officer with potential. A relationship with Lilli would compromise them both.

Will Lilli escape the threats facing her family, and how much is she willing to risk for the man she loves?

An absolutely gripping and emotional historical fiction novel about love, courage and betrayal for fans of My Name is Eva and A Woman of War

Readers LOVE Beneath a Starless Sky!

An amazing story with great characters and a very deep love that will transcend the pages of the book. It is a book that will make you feel, hopeful, faithful, and sometimes angry that humans can be so cruel.’ 5 stars, Amazon reviewer

This really is a special book. Fast-paced and beautifully written, it'll stay with me for a long time.’ 5 stars, Amazon reviewer

A great read, I had to finish it in one sitting…!’ – NetGalley Reviewer, 5 Stars

I thoroughly enjoyed this book – forbidden romance, heartbreak, glamour and a really interesting pre-WW2 setting.’ – NetGalley Reviewer, 5 Stars

Munich...

EDITION Paperback

Loved this book! The characters and the story kept me reading until the end! I enjoyed the storyline and the characters throughout the book. Such a great read to get lost in. I highly recommend this book! Thank you for letting me review this book!

I personally really enjoyed Beneath a Starless Sky by Tessa Harris. I am a fan of basically all WWII-era books but this one was the first one I had read that involved the Windsor family and their fascist sympathies. Including the Royal Family gave me a whole new perspective on the history I had learned previously with King Edward and King George. I felt T. Harris did a great job with character description and bouncing through time and location. It was a very enjoyable read and I would read another from this author.

Any book that takes me on a journey that I finally let out my breath at the end is a 5 star, must-read for me. Beneath a Starless Sky covers decades of time and stories love, war, sacrifice & faith. Though it’s historical fiction, there are elements that are based on real-life events/people and I enjoyed reading the fact & fiction elements. Thank you to NetGalley & Harper HQ for the ARC in exchange for my honest review!