Monsters Among Us

Pub Date 11 Jun 2021 | Archive Date 27 Jul 2021

Talking about this book? Use #MonstersAmongUs #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

From the Author of Infected©, comes Monsters Among Us©

Now twenty years later, they discover the deep dark secret the town has been...

Advance Praise

“Quite intriguing, very good read from start to finish”

“Quite intriguing, very good read from start to finish”

In a small, secluded town, four teenagers stumble upon something dark and deadly in the thick forest surrounding the town. Now twenty years later, they discover the deep dark secret the town has been hiding and the unimaginable lengths they will go to keep that secret. I sometimes wonder what is it about kids in America. There just seems to be a constant stream of naive youngsters who will insist on going into dangerous woods. Whether in a tent or cabin, it defies belief at times. Would a BB gun even take out a squirrel? Maybe because they have vast amounts of woodland with log cabins, and it is just conducive to legends. Even if in this narrative, the wooded area in question just happens to be close to the neighbourhood. But obviously, it continues to make for a good narrative, and so it proves again here. Well written and well-conceived, with a few twists and turns that were unexpected. There is some excellent dialogue between the four friends, which is very realistic and includes some humour. Entertaining characters that are developed as the book progresses. But not overly so, similar to the settings, as the book is not overly long and too much detailed description would spoil the story. Early chapters are a bit pedestrian, but the excitement ramps up when necessary. This also adds to the suspense. I am not giving away spoilers because the book is short, so it would be unfair to the reader. And I didn't expect the ending. Brilliant. Sometimes short stories are the better stories.

Wow just wow what a quick read this book was. It was so creepy and scary and I might try and get a physical copy so I can re-read it during spooky season. It follows friends Max, Becca, Luke and Gabby. Their town was a strange one and they wanted to figure out why so they went into the woods where they were told to never go. Ever since that day very bad things began to happen. The rest you will have to figure out for yourself cause I don’t want to spoil it lol. I do highly recommend this book to everyone so so good.