Strong Heart

Pub Date 17 Mar 2017 | Archive Date 01 Oct 2021
IronTwine Press, Independent Book Publishers Association (IBPA), Members' Titles

Talking about this book? Use #StrongHeart #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

A trek through a mysterious wilderness. A teen vanishing into thin air. A story transcending the boundaries of reality.

Washington State. Tom Olsen wasn’t expecting a granddaughter. Blindsided when Sarah Cooley, an ornery thirteen-year-old, arrives on his doorstep, he reluctantly agrees to bring her on his long-planned hiking trip through the magnificent wild forests of the Olympic Peninsula. When the stubborn girl claims to have seen a strange but realistic bear and shows him a sketch as proof, he and his Native American friends refuse to believe her. A day later she disappears.

After a desperate eight-day search, Tom is astonished when Sarah emerges from the forest, gaunt and missing part of a finger. When she begins spinning an impossible tale, their real adventure begins....

Will Tom and his companions be forever transformed by this land of legend, mystery, and ancient truth?

Strong Heart is the enthralling first book in the Strong Heart literary fiction series. If you like character-driven drama, vivid prose, and magical realism, then you’ll love Charlie Sheldon’s coming-of-age adventure.

Buy Strong Heart to embark on a breathtaking voyage today!

A Note From the Publisher

Book illustrator: Sonja Gerrard

Other contributors: Randa Williams, Ethan Yarborough

Additional Editions: Kindle version; also an audiobook version

Book illustrator: Sonja Gerrard

Other contributors: Randa Williams, Ethan Yarborough

Additional Editions: Kindle version; also an audiobook version

Advance Praise

"How does a heart grow strong? Read this wonderful book and find out. The characters charmed and surprised me, and I found myself a willing companion on their journey, caring deeply for them."
—Kim Heacox, author of Jimmy Bluefeather

"...masterfully captures the essence of a teenage girl, lost in the world, and trying to believe in herself when most others don't believe in her at all. Sarah's narration was both captivating and enigmatic. I don't think I've ever read bout a girl like Sarah before, and I find myself contemplating her character long after the story's end."
—OnLineBookClub reviewer, 2017

—Kim...

Marketing Plan

Strong Heart (2017) begins a series of separate but linked tales set in the Pacific Northwest and exploring ancient legend and truth. A second book, Adrift, was published in 2018. The third and final book, Totem, will be launched October 29, 2019 but copies are available now for reviews and pre-order.

EDITION Paperback