The Lucky Escape

Pub Date 02 Nov 2021 | Archive Date 23 Nov 2021

Talking about this book? Use #TheLuckyEscape #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

‘It whisked me away on a much-needed holiday – this is exactly the book we all need right now!’ Beth O’Leary, Sunday Times bestelling author of The Flatshare and The Road Trip

One cancelled wedding

When the day finally comes for Annie to marry Alexander, the last thing she expects is to be left standing at the altar. She was so sure he was Mr Right. Now, she has no idea how she could have got it so wrong.

One unexpected encounter

After a chance meeting with Patrick, an old friend who reminds her of who she used to be, Annie takes a vow of her own: she’ll say yes to every opportunity that comes her way from now on.

One spare ticket for the honeymoon

Could a spontaneous trip with Patrick be the way to mend Annie’s heart? She’s about to find out as she embarks on her honeymoon – with a man who’s not her husband…

‘I can’t remember the last time a book made me forget I had a phone’ Stacey Halls

‘The perfect tonic for 2021.’ Sophie Cousens

‘I'd recommend it to anyone wishing to be whisked away by an utterly feel-good love story’ Holly Miller

‘What an absolute delight!’ Emily Henry

One...

Fun read with charming characters who you’ll love. A lighthearted, quirky story of how you deal when dealt the unexpected. The Lucky Escape is a perfect book club read. Well done, Laura Jane Williams.

Annie is about to marry the man she is sure is Mr. Right, but when she gets left at the altar, she is very wrong. She then meets up with an old friend and reconnects and vows to say yes to everything that comes along. This book was funny and entertaining, I couldn't put it down

This book surprised me! This was a light hearted read about Annie who was stood up by her fiancé on her wedding day! But with an all expense paid honeymoon and a new rekindled friendship, Annie decides to take a leap of faith and enjoy her time being single after 9 years. This book had me wanting more and I could not put it down. 4.5 stars if this was able to give half stars.

This is the light, cute, sweet book you have been looking for! The book begins when Annie is about to marry her longtime boyfriend but he leaves her at the alter (not a spoiler, don’t worry) but then she re-connects with her old friend from summer camp, Patrick. The two are pressured to go on Annie’s honeymoon as friends. This is such a cute read! Thanks to Avon and NetGalley for providing me with a copy of this book to review!

I received this book from Netgalley and the publisher in exchange for my honest review. On the day of her wedding Annie gets told by her wedding planner that her groom has backed out. While trying to recover from being left at the alter she runs into an old friend, who she ends up taking on her un-honeymoon. I loved that this story was about her finding out who she really was, what she really wanted in life, and most importantly what she truly deserved. I really enjoyed this story, the characters personal growth was well written. I really enjoyed this book.

The Lucky Escape is the story of Annie, who is ready for her happily ever after....until her fiance stands her up at the altar. Rather than stay home and continue to nurse her wounded heart, she decides to go on her her Australian honeymoon and bring along her friend Patrick. The adventures are exactly what Annie needs, and she may also find some feelings for Patrick along the way. The Lucky Escape provides the perfect antidote for a broken heart: a dream vacation (nevermind that it was supposed to be Annie's honeymoon) with a handsome travel companion (who is definitely NOT the man who left Annie on their wedding day). I liked reading all of Annie's adventures on her would be honeymoon and found it to make a great story. It was also enjoyable to read the progression of Annie and Patrick's relationship along the way, and appreciated that the book also covered what happened after the vacation ended. It all adds up to one fun book to read. The Lucky Escape is a good read for romance novel fans that enjoy a little wanderlust as well. Thanks to Netgalley and Harper 360 for this ARC; this is my honest and voluntary review.