The Second Chance in the Mediterranean

Love and Wanderlust, Book 3

Pub Date 05 Aug 2021 | Archive Date 05 Aug 2021

Talking about this book? Use #TheSecondChanceintheMediterranean #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

A chef looking for her perfect job and a deckhand dreaming of being a captain. Marcella knows second chances shouldn’t be wasted.

My job requirements:

1) Cook amazing food
2) See the world
3) Get paid
4) Avoid sleeping with the hot deckhand—again

When I arrived in Montenegro to start my new position as the head chef aboard the superyacht Themis,  I thought I was finally achieving my dream—until I realized I’d be working with Seb, the man who’d cost me my job six months previously.

He thinks I ran away, and I know better than to get involved again. But the tension is building, and the crew has to stick together to get the job done. The more I see Seb, the more the memories make my heart pound. . . .

The Second Chance in the Mediterranean features an Italian yacht chef, the Cuban-American deckhand who deserves a second chance, and the forced proximity of working on a luxury yacht. Full of adventure and steamy nights, this standalone will take you island-hopping in the Mediterranean while making you hungry for more.

The third in the Love and Wanderlust series, The Second Chance in the Mediterranean is a standalone contemporary romance for everyone who wants their wanderlust to continue into the happily-ever-after.

The Love and Wanderlust Series by Liz Alden:

The Night in Lover’s Bay (prequel short story)
The Hitchhiker in Panama

2) See the world
3) Get paid
4)...

ISBN 9781954705050

Wonderful Story! First of all, I would like to give an apology because I was supposed to write this review a couple of weeks back. But lately, I am trying to work through a couple of things that happened in my personal life and I haven't managed to read much. However, let me tell you, this book was a breath of fresh air, in these difficult times! 'The Second Chance in the Mediterranean' by @lizaldenwriter is about Marcella and Seb; they have both previously worked together on another superyacht, and their actions which resulted from their attraction to each other, left Marcella without a job. However, some months later they meet again on another job on another Superyaught! But Marcella has learnt from her previous experience, and so she tries to avoid Seb at all costs. Will she manage to do so? Or will Seb's charming personality cause her to repeat what got her here in the first place? I enjoyed reading this book, the characters and the plot were amazing. However, what I was most excited about in this book about, was the fact that my homeland is mentioned in this book! So fun fact is that I live on an island, located right in the middle of the Mediterranean Sea - Malta, not many people know about it, but the fact that it was mentioned in this book was another reason why I loved reading this book so much! Thank you so much @lizaldenwriter for giving me the opportunity to read this amazing book! I received a free copy of this book and am voluntarily leaving a review.

This is the third book in the series, and it’s my absolute favorite so far. This story continues from the first two books with Marce. I absolutely love Marce and I loved her and Sebastian relationship. The story itself is fast paced and very interesting learning the in’s and outs of working on a yacht. I can’t wait for the next book.

Rating: 4.5/5 The Second Chance in the Mediterranean might be my favorite book in the Love and Wanderlust series! It's because it has my favorite tropes: second-chance (the title itself LOL) and enemies to lovers trope! First of all, I obviously have read the prequel short story of Marcella and Seb entitled The Night in Lover's Bay, and instantly, I fell in love with them but their story ended badly. However, to finally read their extended story made me so happy, and I fell harder for them on this book. I enjoyed reading this book so much that I finished it within the day without putting it off. The premise was really good and everything was I think more from the first two books from the series. I genuinely felt something from them than the other books in the series. The pace was great and on-point. It kept me awake and entertained and it was so refreshing after a hell of a month of classes. I noticed the author did improve writing her books and it's pretty good. Marcella's and Seb's chemistry is *chef's kiss*! I think I may have a soft spot for these two. I loved it every time Marcella prepares food that makes me hungry and by the name of the foods she’s preparing, it sounds and tastes wonderful and amazing. The steamy part was pretty good as well, Seb is catching up a lot after they were separated! LOL! Overall, I am extra delighted with this book. I loved the premise and it did not disappoint me. I have been waiting for this book since I finished reading their prequel short story. I am expecting more from the author and would love to read more from her. Everyone should read this heartwarming, sweet, and adorable characters with lots of food and adventure! If you love to travel on sea and looking for a book with second-chance and enemies to lovers trope, this book is right for you!

🛥Thanks @netgalley for this ARC! 🛥Desde The Night at Lover's Bay eu estava super ansiosa pela continuação do romance entre Sebastian e Marcella. Por isso devorei The Second Chance in the Mediterranean e foi tudo o que eu queria e mais um pouco. 🛥Com certeza Seb e Marce são meu casal favorito dessa série. Apesar de Marcella ser nove anos mais velha que Sebastian (o que achei o máximo essa inversão de diferença de idade), os dois são bem maduros e se entendem muito bem. De certo, ainda existe alguns assuntos inacabados de como tudo terminou da última vez e esse é o ponto onde Marcella se sente mais insegura em assumir sua relação com Sebastian, mas o marinheiro não vai desistir tão fácil assim. Fora que a química é 10/10, o que faz com que as cenas mais quentes sejam beeem quentes. 🛥Outro ponto legal nesse livro é a tripulação do Themis. Diferente do seu trabalho no passado, o clima e as pessoas no Themis são bem mais amigáveis e divertidos. Como passam muito tempo juntos em alto mar, é bem legal ver a camaradagem entre eles e como, de certa forma, eles se tornam uma grande família. 🛥Gostei de como a autora trabalhou as inseguranças de Marcella em se envolver com Seb de novo. Da última vez que se envolveu com Seb, ela foi quem saiu perdendo, mas calma que a culpa não foi dele; por favor abaixem as facas. Marcella quer mostrar seu profissionalismo e, devido sua experiência, acha que um envolvimento com alguém da tripulação irá trazer uma péssima imagem ao seu trabalho. Ainda bem que as pessoas com quem ela trabalha e responde são bastante sensatas e, antes tarde do que nunca, ela acaba percebendo que não precisa sacrificar sua relação com Seb para mostrar que é boa no que faz. 🛥Finalizei esse livro bem contente por ter reencontrado Seb e Marcella. Agora quero muito conferir The Rival in South Africa, um pequeno conto com dois personagens já apresentados aqui que, como o nome sugere, são inimigos mortais!