You're the Hugs to My Kisses

Pub Date 04 Jan 2022 | Archive Date 11 Jan 2022

Talking about this book? Use #YouretheHugstoMyKisses #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

For fans of I Wish You More, by Amy Krouse Rosenthal and Tom Lichtenheld, and You Are My Happy by Hoda Kotb, comes You’re the Hugs to My Kisses, a heartfelt book that celebrates relationships and the special bond between loved ones young and old.

You’re the jelly to my donut.

You’re the blue to my sky.

You’re the laces to my sneakers.

You’re the twinkle to my eye.

With whimsical, read-aloud rhymes, this delightful picture book will appeal to readers of all ages and remind them that life is sweeter when you have someone to share it with.

You’re the Hugs to My Kisses is a perfect gift for:

the special child in your lifea best friendcouples celebrating engagements, weddings, and anniversariesthat certain someone who makes your life better just by being in it

Marketing Plan

Popular and heartfelt phrases used to express love and connection

Adorable art that shows diverse characters of all ages

Perfect gift for the child in your life, a close friend or family member, anniversary, engagement, wedding, or anytime you want to show someone how much they mean to you

Author lives in Grand Rapids, Michigan

Popular and heartfelt phrases used to express love and connection

Adorable art that shows diverse characters of all ages

Perfect gift for the child in your life, a close friend or family member...

PRICE £8.99 (GBP)

You’re the Hugs to My Kisses by Barbara Herndon is a fantastic lyrical story about things that pair naturally together, used as a way to describe the love and affection between two special people. A great book to give as a gift to a loved one, big or small. The bright illustrations, fun content and everyday objects used as a way to describe someone special make this sweet, endearing book unique and easily accessible to younger readers.

A wonderful message, sweet rhyme, and diverse illustrations come together to make a book about the love shared between all kinds of friends and family members. Love the final pages: "You're the sweet dreams to my slumber. You're the answer to my prayer. And whether you are near or far, we are the perfect pair."

This book is absolutely adorable! This quick read through is perfect for any child, especially one that loves rhymes and beautiful illustrations. Plus, I feel like this would make a good book for story or bed time.

This is the sweetest book! A cute and fun way to tell little ones how much they are loved. It’s very easy to read, a perfect little bedtime story. Vibrant illustrations and accessible prose makes this one of our (my toddler and I) favorite stories this year.

You're the Hugs to My Kisses is a book to be liberally shared between all generations. How we complement each other, how we support each other, how we boost each other through unconditional love - it's all here in this simple and charmingly illustrated book that should be on everyone's bookshelves. I recommend reading this with your little ones and with the whole family! Thank you to Zonderkidz and NetGalley for sharing this delightful book as an ARC with me.

5 Stars! You’re the Hugs to My Kisses was so adorable. I’ve read it three times so far and plan on reading it more. I read it once by myself, and twice with my 9-year-old daughter who also rates it 5 Stars! My daughter has a developmental delay and learning disabilities that make her struggle to read. The cadence of this story was perfect for us both! The rhyming was cute and funny which kept us both engaged. Now, let’s discuss the illustrations. BEAUTIFUL! My daughter is very visual and she would just stare at the illustrations after we read the words on the page. They are beautifully drawn and there’s just enough going on that we could discuss what else was happening in the picture. Also, the diversity in the illustrations was wonderful. My daughter was pointing to every page and saying, “Hey! That looks like my friend A or that looks like grandma and that looks like me!” I would recommend this book to kids of all ages! It’s a wonderful story for all reading levels.

This is a delightful story with rhyming verse. The pages are in vibrant colours which will hold a child's attention.. The book has lovely rhymes regarding family relationships, love and friendships. This would appeal to my 3 year old Grandson and I look forward to reading this with him. I particularly like the way the relationship of a boy and his Grandad is portrayed. I would definitely recommend this book for young children.

This is such a cute children's book! I loved the lyrical prose, nice illustrations, and sweet story! My children really loved this one and so did I!

This was absolutely adorable! I loved the illustrations, and the message of the book is cute too! I think it will help teach kids too.

It was impossible not to smile while reading this! It's such a sweet book celebrating all the loving relationships in a kid's life--mom, dad, friends, grandparents, etc. The rhymes are cute and flow well and the illustrations are gorgeous. They're so bright and lively and full of detail. I'm sure they'll captivate readers. This is a great book for both classroom and personal libraries and will definitely be a favorite! It would also make a great baby shower or new grandparent gift. Many thanks to the publisher and NetGalley for the opportunity to read and review!

You're the Hugs to My Kisses by Barbara Herndon was such a joyful read! It is a celebration of family and friendship. The variety of joyful scenarios and the diversity of the relationships are a highlight of the book. There is a ton of opportunity for children to engage with this book. The different ways it shows how relationships are important, can help a child verbalize and describe the important relationships in their own lives. Many children will be able to see themselves in this book.

I received an electronic ARC from Zonderkidz through NetGalley. Herndon shares many ways to talk about love and relationships. Readers see so many different types of friendship and love reflected in both the fun text and brightly colored illustrations. Each page spread offers a different way to say "I love/value you" with a saying about being connected - hugs to kisses; jelly to donut; bubbles to bathtub, etc. A sweet story to read as a family or with friends. A definite gift book for young families.