To All the Dogs I've Loved Before

Pub Date 30 Nov 2021 | Archive Date Not set

Talking about this book? Use #ToAlltheDogsIveLovedBefore #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

First love gets a second chance when a mischievous dog finds a way to keep fetching the town librarian’s high school sweetheart in this charming small-town romance.

The last person librarian Elinor Rodriguez wants to spend time with is her first love, Levi Jackson, but it seems her mischievous rescue dog has other ideas. Without fail, Dory slips from the house whenever Elinor’s back is turned. And in Pine Hollow, calls about a dog herding cars on Main Street go straight to Levi. The quietly intense lawman broke Elinor’s heart once, and now she’s determined to move on, no matter how much she misses him.

As the kid who barely graduated—and still struggles to hide his dyslexia—Levi always believed that Elinor was way out of his league. Even though he ended their engagement all those years ago, Elinor still takes Levi’s breath away whenever he sees her. But with a little help from a four-legged friend, Levi and Elinor may just get the second chance they deserve.

Includes the bonus novella I’ll Be Home for Christmas by Hope Ramsay!

The last person librarian Elinor...

Thanks to Forever Publishing for the free book. I adore this series. I love getting to come back to Pine Hollow again and again, and I'm glad that this wasn't my last time there. I have been curious about Elinor's story since the first book, and I just loved it. There is so much depth and heartbreak in her past, which affects her current day life. Then the relationship with Levi was so full of past history, which made me wonder where the story was going for these two. I liked how both of them had big issues to work through and how therapy is normalized in this story. This book shows how impactful someone's childhood can be on their future, and what can be done to make their life what they want it to be. <br>Also, Dory is the most adorable dog. I loved reading about her antics and was impressed by some of the shenanigans she gets herself into - also totally believable with her being an Aussie. If you love dogs and closed door romance, please check this series out. It is absolutely wonderful!</p>

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you're looking for a small town cozy series, filled with adorable rescue dogs, and closed door romance, the Pine Hollow series by Lizzie Shane should be on the top of your list. This is book 3 in the series and yes, they should be read in order. They follow a group of friends with each member getting their own book. This one follows Levi and Elinor, once engaged, now both single trying to move on from one another. But Elinor's pesky and absolutely loveable dog keeps escaping the house while Elinor is at work and Levi being the chief of police in their small town, gets the majority of the calls to round her up meaning they never get to avoid each other. I adored this one just like I did the previous two. I can't wait for the next book!

First off, thank you for letting me review this book! I really enjoyed the story and the characters of this book! The storyline kept me reading until I finished! I loved the characters and how well everyone connected