Daughters of War

Pub Date 16 Nov 2021 | Archive Date 07 Dec 2021
Harper 360, HarperCollins

Talking about this book? Use #DaughtersofWar #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

A new sweeping historical novel of World War II from the international bestselling author of The Tea Planter’s Wife. Available to pre-order now!France, 1944.

In an old stone cottage, on the edge of a beautiful French village, three sisters long for the end of the war.

Hélène, the eldest, is trying her hardest to steer her family to safety, even as the Nazi occupation becomes more threatening.

Elise, the rebel, is determined to help the Resistance, whatever the cost.

And Florence, the dreamer, just yearns for a world where France is free.

Then, one dark night, the Allies come knocking for help. And Hélène knows that she cannot sit on the sidelines any longer. But secrets from their own mysterious past threaten to unravel everything they hold most dear…

The first in an epic new series from the #1 international bestselling author, Daughters of War is a stunning tale of sisters, secrets and bravery in the darkness of war-torn France…

Praise for Daughters of War:

“A rich tapestry of courage, passion and family secrets beneath the dark shadows of war” —Hazel Gaynor, bestselling author of When We Were Young and Brave

“A glorious page-turner … a novel to disappear into” —Gill Paul, bestselling author of The Secret Wife

“An outstanding novel, beautifully written. Rich in courage, love and sacrifice, but chilling and taut in its portrayal of the horrors of war”—Kate Furnivall, bestselling author of The Guardian of Lies

“As layers of long-hidden family secrets emerge, you are sure to be hooked to the very last page”—Liz Trenow, bestselling author of The Forgotten Seamstress

Love, grief, abandonment, betrayal and secrets … I adored it” —Liz Nugent, bestselling author of Little Cruelties

Available to pre-order now!

In an old stone cottage, on the edge of a...

The Daughters of War by Dinah Jefferies is a dramatic WWII novel. This is a story about three sisters, Helene, Elise and Florence Baudin and how their lives were changed during the Nazi occupation of France. Family drama and suspense will keep you turning pages to the end. Thanks to author Dinah Jefferies, publisher HarperCollins, and NetGalley for providing a copy of this book for an honest review.

Daughters of War demonstrates the ravages war has on families and individuals. Three sisters endure tremendous stress, strain, and heartache as their French village is assaulted by the Nazis. This novel really got to me. I felt Elise’s ache for Victor, Florence’s pain, and Helene’s sorrow about Jack. The ending left me feeling so bereft. Until I learned there is going to be a second and then third novel to finish out the sisters’ stories. I can’t wait!